Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Rondo of Blood on the 3DS?  (Read 26684 times)

Offline Alutwon

• Grand Cross
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Rondo of Blood on the 3DS?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 05:35:56 PM »
seriously enough with the remakes. new 2d vania plz

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 05:50:01 PM »
I want Castlevania 3 made into a 3D Classic like Excite Bike. That would be epic.

Better yet, a remake of cv3 with the original included in 3D!
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 06:06:58 PM »
enough with the remakes already. i hope they remake cviii

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 06:27:37 PM »
I dont see any reason not to do VC releases for home consoles. The system has more than enough horse power, and resolution to handle them.

(And if Nintendo doesn't, you know homebrewers will.)

Offline Faran Koshan

• Jedi Vampire Killer
  • Dracula...ist auferstanden.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2011, 09:00:41 PM »
I want Castlevania 3 made into a 3D Classic like Excite Bike. That would be epic.

YES! And I hope they opt to use the richer, more superior Famicom soundtrack with a lot more channels than what the NES offered. That would be incredible!

Hear the comparison => Retronauts: Castlevania III Vs. Akumajou Densetsu
...des Wolfs, der Fledermaus oder des Nebels annehmen.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2011, 08:33:40 AM »
Homebrewing is how I have Vampire Killer MSX on my Wii.  It plays beautifully but I still suck at finding the keys, etc. in the game.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2011, 01:44:20 AM »
I still suck at getting passed stage two without getting hit by those damned Madusa heads  :P Keys aren't a problem for me...just those damned heads.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Faran Koshan

• Jedi Vampire Killer
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2011, 10:14:53 PM »

THAT WOULD BE SO EPIC!!

Here's something to imagine:
Castlevania 3D Classic.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2011, 10:43:45 PM »
Okay that's F@#king awesome!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2011, 12:10:25 AM »
I think Nintendo opted to include TG-16 games in the VC lineup for 3DS because due to the Turbo Express/GT, you could technically say that there actually WAS a handheld experience for the TG-16. This of course means two things with regards to this thread:

1. NES, SNES, N64, MSX, SMS or any other TV-reliant console doesn't follow suit.
2. Genesis games MAY be included due to the "Nomad" factor..
3. "Rondo" will not & should not appear on 3DS, because it was a CD-ROM2 disc-based game, not a Hucard, and thus would not be part of the library back then that you could play on a Turbo Express/GT.

Sorry to burst this bubble, but believe me; I would want Rondo with me on the bus just as much as the next fella. But the 3DS doesn't look like the handheld to make this possible.

I don't follow your logic.  You're saying Nintendo only wants games on the 3DS Virtual Console that were originally playable in a portable fashion?  Why would they limit the possibilities like that?  If the 3DS can handle TG16 games, it can easily handle NES games.  And why would Nintendo pass up an obvious sale opportunity like Mario 1-3 on the go?

Offline Faran Koshan

• Jedi Vampire Killer
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2011, 02:12:45 AM »
I don't follow your logic.  You're saying Nintendo only wants games on the 3DS Virtual Console that were originally playable in a portable fashion?  Why would they limit the possibilities like that?  If the 3DS can handle TG16 games, it can easily handle NES games.  And why would Nintendo pass up an obvious sale opportunity like Mario 1-3 on the go?

Understandably so, PFG9000. But this feeling of mine was only based on Nintendo's preliminary announcement of their handheld Virtual Console offerings (i.e. Game Boy, Game Gear & TG-16). If you look at their official Virtual Console lineup, you'll notice that they're all Game Boy games, and I think thematically to the 3DS as a handheld system, this is intentional.

Still, as the recent Ambassador program has shown us, having NES games is completely possible on the 3DS. I agree with you that Nintendo wouldn't be smart to ignore raking in the profits from a Mario 1-3 release on the 3DS. Just don't hold your breath too deeply, since they clearly said from the get-go that the 3DS Virtual Console will feature handheld games. We just have to wait and see then.  8)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2011, 02:19:32 AM »
Why Rondo? was Chronicles not enough?
Better yet, Get a fucking PSP, thier cheaper and easy to find and DXC will only cost you like $10-$20.
Rondo was a Piece of shit considering how superior Super Castlevania was by compairson.
Castlevania Belmont's Revenge Rebirth and a port of the Adventure Rebirth is more worth the time effort and money.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Faran Koshan

• Jedi Vampire Killer
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2011, 02:52:47 AM »
 :-[

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2011, 03:54:26 AM »
Whoa, Kamui. Most laughably bad post of yours I've yet seen.

Rondo on the PSP is awful due to the really blurry visuals. Really, it ain't pretty. The audio's also way out of sync with the video during cutscenes. It's a terribly flawed port; there's definitely room for improvement.

Saying Rondo is shit compared to Super Castlevania IV is ridiculous. Both are incredible games.

Besides, Rondo is already on the Wii Virtual Console; there's no reason Nintendo shouldn't port over the Wii's library to the 3DS and allow those who've already bought a game on one VC system to play it on the other.

Anyway, Nintendo really need to fix their sheeit when it comes to Game Boy games on the 3DS. Downloaded Kirby's Dream Land and the visuals are really fuzzy. Downloaded the 10 Ambassador Program NES games, played Super Mario Bros., and that looks awesome. Wonder how/why they goofed up the GB games so bad.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2011, 04:19:10 AM »
Saying Rondo is shit compared to Super Castlevania IV is ridiculous. Both are incredible games.

Agreed.

Tags:

anything