Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2402684 times)

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Joke's not funny anymore.

I think the comments that angered me the most of all were when people said Gabriel has the same double jump with wings as Kratos......

Um...Symphony of the night anyone? .....came out way before god of war and castlevania was an influence for god of war so...people need to be slapped. Lol

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
What are the chances this game has quietly been in production for awhile and we can get a Fall release?

Not likely to release that soon, winter at the earliest but thats probably a longshot.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
What are the chances this game has quietly been in production for awhile and we can get a Fall release?
I wouldn't expect this until next year.

Two Castlevanias in the same year is asking for market cannibalism.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
High but not enough. Araujo spill out the beans like what, the week after LoS launch? That would mean that by this fall the game wuold have been 2 years in production, and now with double the people.
However, the creation of a new engine takes time, so I'm not sure. I think the probabilities are in 30% this year, 70% next year.

MoF could launch this year though.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
Letting his hair grow long enough to look fabulous, of course.

Silly;foolish me how could I forget the possibility of that long; dark; black(cause we know a brown haired Dracula would suck)hair waving in the wind.   ;)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania (Los2) -The Dragon Returns-
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2012, 10:40:13 AM »
I'll just merge this with the other thread.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Expectations for LoS2 very, very low (almost absolute zero). I didn't like the first one, so I have no real expectation about this game, unlike MoF.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Not likely to release that soon, winter at the earliest but thats probably a longshot.

Castlevania games have normally had a nack for coming out the same year they were announced. Of recent games, only Lords I was the exception to this.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Castlevania games have normally had a nack for coming out the same year they were announced. Of recent games, only Lords I was the exception to this.

Well games before LoS more or less used the same game engine with mostly the same team intact so of course development time would have been shorter.

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
It's going to have a new engine. I remember correctly reading on Cox's twitter awhile back that the engine used in LoS was in fact an old one MS had for some time.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Well games before LoS more or less used the same game engine with mostly the same team intact so of course development time would have been shorter.
But they'll use the same engine in this one, saying they used another one (a new one), just like any big studio does on this market. Of course, things will be smoothed on the engine, or at least they'll try to smooth the framerate and such.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
Expectations for LoS2 very, very low (almost absolute zero). I didn't like the first one, so I have no real expectation about this game, unlike MoF.

Complete opposite for me my head is in the sky right now.

I wouldn't expect this until next year.

Two Castlevanias in the same year is asking for market cannibalism.

Maybe not as I can see let's say if the 2d one does really well almost to near a million copies right, and los2 sells well over a million like the first(with the sales combined from all the consoles together) and this first picture really does look promising then bam over to near 2 million copies will be sold. A milestone for cv and a bright future for the series. I think it should be done since one some people will not just accept 3d so might as well make a 2d game and two a high quality 3d game to complement it I think it can only go up from there.
(click to show/hide)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
But they'll use the same engine in this one, saying they used another one (a new one), just like any big studio does on this market. Of course, things will be smoothed on the engine, or at least they'll try to smooth the framerate and such.

Or they'll just, you know, use a new engine.

Because companies do that.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards

new castlevania game announced -> the fanbase goes wild with speculation
screenshots & videos shown throughout the coming months -> fanbase speculation grows with some concern
game released -> fanbase either likes or loves it
game available for several months -> fans begin to point out flaws, heavily criticized, love gradually slips away
game released for a year or more -> fans feel they were "led on," hope the next game turns out better

rinse, repeat

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Or they'll just, you know, use a new engine.

Because companies do that.

The new ms engine from my understanding is to be everything the last one was, but improved to me that means a better framerate.
(click to show/hide)