Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2397359 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards

"Castlevania: Dragon Gone Wild"

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I wonder why it's called "The Dragon Returns" when Dracula hasn't officially showed up in the new series yet. Maybe he's the big baddy of Mirror of Fate.
Mirror of Fate will be the 2D game, not related to the LoS series, made by IGA, with low budget. LoS2 will be the same as before, by MS.
You heard it here first.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Mirror of Fate will be the 2D game, not related to the LoS series, made by IGA, with low budget. LoS2 will be the same as before, by MS.
You heard it here first.

Pure speculation

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
You heard it here first.

If only...

:(

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

:(
Wouldn't you rather IGA have a high budget?

After what we've heard about MoF, I hope it's in LoS canon.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards

After what we've heard about MoF, I hope it's in LoS canon.

High budget: yes.

LoS Canon: NO

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards

As long as it's good I don't care. I don't know how much influence a budget has on the quality of a game anyway.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Lament of innocence seemed to have a decently sized budget for a PS2 game yet it was still a very lazy effort.

Okay make different locations but within each location just replicate one room and one hallway 90 times!
That was a 3d game though, so maybe it would be different for a 2d one........

I'd like to see the original team that made symphony of the night. I heard it was like 7 people......Now those were hard workers.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Lament of innocence seemed to have a decently sized budget for a PS2 game yet it was still a very lazy effort.

Okay make different locations but within each location just replicate one room and one hallway 90 times!

Curse of Darkness certainly followed that design philosophy well.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

The sad thing is that approach may have been fun with a little more variety and maybe co-op with friends, as if it were a dungeon crawler. Instead it just crawls..:3c

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Curse of Darkness certainly followed that design philosophy well.

Lament of innocence was the rinse and repeat but since it was smaller it looked more visually appealing.
Curse of Darkness was bigger rooms and longer hallways rinse and repeat but since the environments weee bigger it was drab.....

I say we are pretty blessed with mercurysteam, with proper direction they could make proper/great 3d castlevania games.

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
boobs thats all what i see this picture  :o

Second teaser image yeah looks like the dragon returns : http://cf.badassdigest.com/_uploads/images/13945/Bruce-Lee-vs-Dracula__span.jpg
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 11:51:40 AM by Dengo vlad tepes »

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Will. Go. Mad.

At least these first two images are pretty dark and evil looking. If this is more open ended in structure, chances are I'm gonna like this game a lot. I wanna explore and find hidden passages that leads to, dunno, a CRYPT or something. And chapels and catacombs and graveyards and clocktowers and underground lakes.

And a torture chamber.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
I got nothing  beneficial to say at the moment. But I felt like typing. I have to type something good ah oh I know

how about

"Castlevania: Dragon Gone Wild"

Ah well if it is what I think it is that one is for the ladies.

What else curse of darkness was  :P

And yeah I am done for now.

Wait... Nagumo has anyone told you have awesome Sonia avatars?  :)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

anything