Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania : The Complete Choronicles ????  (Read 113712 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania : The Complete Choronicles ????
« Reply #120 on: August 18, 2011, 11:48:15 AM »
Maybe Konami should just release the game on all consoles and handhelds like Atari did with Ghostbusters: The Video Game.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: August 18, 2011, 06:56:03 PM »
@Doctamario
@Maedhros (less so)
@PFG (to a and even less degree)

You guys are not at all helping the situation by bitching about the people who bitch.  It's a cacophony of heavy insulting opinions.  That's even worse of a form than bitching about Konami (who don't at all care that said community is bitching since they won't read any of this anyway).  Let them vent.
Unfortunately, your bitching about the community can be stopped by you not posting said bitchy remarks, just like it can be stopped by them not buying the games.  It's funny how logic works, sometimes.

It is a luxury to buy games and game systems... and with the way the economy is, it makes no sense to have to purchase an expensive new gadget to play a collection of old games.  As such, it does not seem smart for Konami to force people to do that... at least to me.  Maybe the portability is somewhat of a factor, but then why not do it right now, with the PSP?  Why wait?  Seems like Sony may be having somekind of back-stage deal or something.

The people who are bitching aren't anti-fanboys; they're people who don't want to spend money in order to... spend more money.  You're spending to buy a Vita in order to... spend to get a game collection.  Not everyone is made of money, so a lot of us (myself included) would have preferred a collection on an existing console, preferrably one that can deliver high-resolution graphics... and oodles of space... you know, for extra content, etc.

My whole thing is, I'm tired of hearing it. I don't own a PS3 or 360 but I didn't complain when LoS was announced, and guess what, I just didn't get to enjoy the game. I'd love to be able to play LoS or Blaz Blue on my PS2 because I don't really feel like ponying up the $$$ for a PS3, but they don't make those games for that system, so i don't get to play them until I either get a PS3 or borrow one. But to post a bunch of "WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH y u don't mak gamez for system I ownz???" is stupid. It happened when DXC was announced and I remember having to weed through a bunch of stupid posts basically saying what some people are saying here just to get any information on it.

If you know anything about Castlevania, you know they they'll make at least one game for pretty much every system in existence. Sony or Konami isn't forcing anyone to do ANYTHING. If you've got the dough and want to play the game, you spend it. It's not like there aren't versions of potentially EVERY game in this collection that aren't available FOR FREE online. If you REALLY want to play the games and don't want to spend the money, there ARE ways around that. Otherwise, get a job and stop complaining. Viva La Vita!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2011, 07:04:17 PM »
You're welcome to ignore the people who post this, though.
You have this awesome thing called "Free Will".  If you don't like a post, ignore it.  Or walk away.

MY point is, complaining about the people who are complaining, or mocking them or insulting them doesn't help anyone, doesn't help the situation, and makes you potentially seem like more of a whiner (or an ass).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Renonsgoods

• Combat Cross Trainer
  • Vampire Hunter
  • One needs gold even in hell these days
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: August 18, 2011, 07:07:22 PM »
My whole thing is, I'm tired of hearing it. I don't own a PS3 or 360 but I didn't complain when LoS was announced, and guess what, I just didn't get to enjoy the game. I'd love to be able to play LoS or Blaz Blue on my PS2 because I don't really feel like ponying up the $$$ for a PS3, but they don't make those games for that system, so i don't get to play them until I either get a PS3 or borrow one. But to post a bunch of "WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH y u don't mak gamez for system I ownz???" is stupid. It happened when DXC was announced and I remember having to weed through a bunch of stupid posts basically saying what some people are saying here just to get any information on it.

I don't think that's it at all.  There's just some of us that don't consider portable units to be real gaming systems, and thus should not be the exclusive destination of highly sought-after titles.  Myself, I still have the attitude towards handhelds that they are meant to be a mobile extension of the games we enjoy on our home consoles.  It's great for when you are traveling or away from home, but when you ARE at home, you want to be able to experience these games in their full glory on your big screen and surround sound...with a proper controller in hand. 

Also, for someone that's so sick and tired of the bitching on this board...you sure are doing quite a bit of it now yourself. ;)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: August 18, 2011, 07:15:43 PM »

If you know anything about Castlevania, you know they they'll make at least one game for pretty much every system in existence. Sony or Konami isn't forcing anyone to do ANYTHING. If you've got the dough and want to play the game, you spend it. It's not like there aren't versions of potentially EVERY game in this collection that aren't available FOR FREE online. If you REALLY want to play the games and don't want to spend the money, there ARE ways around that. Otherwise, get a job and stop complaining. Viva La Vita!

So I'm upset that a Anniversary game I've been waiting for very well might only be released on a new system I very well can't justify getting for just one game. I think that's pretty rational since, like Jorge said, the current economy isn't allowing for a lot of luxuries for anyone these days, and getting a brand new handheld is out of the question for some. Why is it so irrational of me to want something like this to be, I dunno, cross-platform? Not only does it raise the blanket of sales for Konami, but also the chances that I'll (and tons of other people) will be able to play it on at least one handheld or console. I understand they want to push games for the Vita to bank on it's own sales, but it's just not a good idea right now over here.

And DoctaMario? Some of us can't get goddamn jobs no matter how hard we try and haven't been able to for a while due to the job market sucking ass, so you can kindly shove your insensitive comment about getting a job and sucking it up because some of us need to conserve our money rather than blow it like you can on a brand new Sony handheld.

Sorry. Needed to get that out of my system.

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: August 18, 2011, 07:18:00 PM »
This thread really isn't going anywhere if you guys just keep shooting arrows at each other with each post you post.
Really, just stop the whole thing and quit adding gasoline to the fire.

I obviously really don't care what system its made for cause i'll eventually buy it. though i believe i already said that, so no point of whining. Plus eventually the Vita will start growing some fruits people will enjoy and will have them buy a Vita (by fruits i mean games).

I've been a portable gamer since the game boy and i've been a console gamer since the NES. So i can't really take any sides since i'm pretty well rounded. So how bout we just drop all this senseless whining and talk about what matters most, the subject?
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: August 18, 2011, 07:32:23 PM »
You guys are arguing about semantics. 

Person A:  I am complaining because a.  it isn't the Castlevania I want and b.  it's on a console I am not interested in for whatever reason.

Person B:  I am complaining about your complaining.

Person C:  I am complaining about you complaining about their complaints.

And wow I agree with Sindra.  I just graduated from a University and am having a ridiculous time finding a job because everyone hiring now all of a sudden sees a higher education as a liability to their bottom line.  What is I can't even indeed.

I don't have a solution to any of these problems.  You know I used to post a lot, but have for better part of the last decade lurked, and it's always the same shit time and again.  I think everyone just needs to stop bitching.  If you don't like the game, fine, whatever.  If you don't like the complaints, just ignore them.  And it seems a little condescending to remind people that they shouldn't complain about others' complaints, as if they are children.

To be honest I think we are all so severely starved for Castlevania that we've run out of things to do/talk about.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: August 18, 2011, 08:34:20 PM »
You're welcome to ignore the people who post this, though.
You have this awesome thing called "Free Will".  If you don't like a post, ignore it.  Or walk away.

MY point is, complaining about the people who are complaining, or mocking them or insulting them doesn't help anyone, doesn't help the situation, and makes you potentially seem like more of a whiner (or an ass).

Your sarcasm is not appreciated. I'm not trying to insult anyone, but it seems like this community whines no matter what Konami does and I'd bet that's part of the reason Konami doesn't bother listening to us.

I don't think that's it at all.  There's just some of us that don't consider portable units to be real gaming systems, and thus should not be the exclusive destination of highly sought-after titles.  Myself, I still have the attitude towards handhelds that they are meant to be a mobile extension of the games we enjoy on our home consoles.  It's great for when you are traveling or away from home, but when you ARE at home, you want to be able to experience these games in their full glory on your big screen and surround sound...with a proper controller in hand. 

Also, for someone that's so sick and tired of the bitching on this board...you sure are doing quite a bit of it now yourself. ;)

Portable gaming is fine and it's attitudes like yours that keep it from being more than it is. Besides, who's to say that this game would be "highly sought after" by anyone but Castlevania fanatics? And how many people do you think really have home gaming rigs with big screen tvs and surround sound?

And I rarely come over here much these days because it seemed like every thread ended up in complaints.

So I'm upset that a Anniversary game I've been waiting for very well might only be released on a new system I very well can't justify getting for just one game. I think that's pretty rational since, like Jorge said, the current economy isn't allowing for a lot of luxuries for anyone these days, and getting a brand new handheld is out of the question for some. Why is it so irrational of me to want something like this to be, I dunno, cross-platform? Not only does it raise the blanket of sales for Konami, but also the chances that I'll (and tons of other people) will be able to play it on at least one handheld or console. I understand they want to push games for the Vita to bank on it's own sales, but it's just not a good idea right now over here.

And DoctaMario? Some of us can't get goddamn jobs no matter how hard we try and haven't been able to for a while due to the job market sucking ass, so you can kindly shove your insensitive comment about getting a job and sucking it up because some of us need to conserve our money rather than blow it like you can on a brand new Sony handheld.

Sorry. Needed to get that out of my system.

But why should Konami spend more of ITS money in a tough economy just because YOU don't want to spend more of YOURS? All this despite the fact that they never promised any kind of "anniversary" title at all. If you want to play the game, you'll have to pay the cost of entry.

I have a shitty job myself, so I won't be buying a Vita, at least not at launch. Video games are one of the things I rarely if ever spend money on these days partially because of this. If you're struggling to get by, then why are you spending money on ANY games?

You know I used to post a lot, but have for better part of the last decade lurked, and it's always the same shit time and again.  I think everyone just needs to stop bitching.  If you don't like the game, fine, whatever.  If you don't like the complaints, just ignore them.  And it seems a little condescending to remind people that they shouldn't complain about others' complaints, as if they are children.

Pretty much this. I don't even come here all that often, but I saw that printout on another site and immediately raced over to create a thread and was happy to find someone that someone already had. But I open it and what is it? More complaining with bits of meaningful discussion.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:40:12 PM by DoctaMario »

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: August 18, 2011, 08:42:34 PM »
but it seems like this community whines no matter what

And I rarely come over here much these days because it seemed like every thread ended up in complaints.

But I open it and what is it? More complaining with bits of meaningful discussion.

Uh, welcome to the internet? You just described every online forum in existence, dude.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #129 on: August 18, 2011, 08:43:08 PM »
Then why do you come here DoctaMario?

If you dislike all the whining an bitching then why do you feel the need to post and add to the whining an bitching?

Why not just IGNORE it and move on?

After all you did say you do not even come here that much anymore so why do you feel the need to come here and throw out insults towards the forum and its members?

Do you just want to be a jerk to everyone here?

Do you just feel the need to cause problems and a potential flame war?

This is just my opinion, but you do not seem any better then the other "bitchers and whiners" you seem to be against on this board.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: August 18, 2011, 08:44:36 PM »
Uh, welcome to the internet? You just described every online forum in existence, dude.

Nah, it's not like this everywhere. I frequent several other forums where this isn't the case. Not to say it's exclusive to the Castlevania community, cuz I know it's not, but it seems to get outta control on all the CV sites I have been a member of.

Then why do you come here DoctaMario?

If you dislike all the whining an bitching then why do you feel the need to post and add to the whining an bitching?

Why not just IGNORE it and move on?

After all you did say you do not even come here that much anymore so why do you feel the need to come here and throw out insults towards the forum and its members?

Do you just want to be a jerk to everyone here?

Do you just feel the need to cause problems and a potential flame war?

This is just my opinion, but you do not seem any better then the other "bitchers and whiners" you seem to be against on this board.

I came here to join a discussion about a potentially big title in a series that really needs a truly great one these days. I made one post about it and then everyone else blew up. Why couldn't YOU have ignored MY post? If everyone is entitled to post their opinions, why am I not afforded that luxury too? Why am I the one who gets told to just "ignore it?"

This thread is already way off topic, and I'm not gonna post any more about this. Let's take it to PMs if you want to continue to berate me.

OT: I do really hope that this title comes to pass because much like Square re-releasing endless Final Fantasy games, it could potentially raise Castlevania's profile and hopefully mean bigger budgets and more time for the folks working on the more current iterations of the game.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:57:14 PM by DoctaMario »

Offline Renonsgoods

• Combat Cross Trainer
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: August 18, 2011, 08:54:23 PM »

Portable gaming is fine and it's attitudes like yours that keep it from being more than it is. Besides, who's to say that this game would be "highly sought after" by anyone but Castlevania fanatics? And how many people do you think really have home gaming rigs with big screen tvs and surround sound?

I'm quite happy to keep portable gaming down as long as I possibly can. 8)  Sorry, but when we come to the day when all the most desirable games being made are only playable on a 4 to 5 inch LED screen...then that's the day I stop being a contemporary gamer.  Our lives are too transient enough as it is these days without every form of electronic entertainment imaginable becoming a "single serving" affair.

And while not everyone has big screen tvs and sound systems (I wasn't trying to imply that everyone does), a 19 inch tube television and a full fledged controller still beats out a tiny cramped screen, knobby analog sticks, and leprechaun friendly buttons any day of the week.  Sorry, but I can only be arsed to yank out my DS when I'm on the go...when I'm at home I can't stand having to yank out that little contraption just so I can play the latest Castlevania game.

Offline Renonsgoods

• Combat Cross Trainer
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: August 18, 2011, 08:56:51 PM »
but it seems to get outta control on all the CV sites I have been a member of.
Then why are you so shocked and upset about it happening here?  If anything, this is the kind of thing your experience should have taught you to expect by now.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: August 18, 2011, 09:01:33 PM »
I'm quite happy to keep portable gaming down as long as I possibly can. 8)  Sorry, but when we come to the day when all the most desirable games being made are only playable on a 4 to 5 inch LED screen...then that's the day I stop being a contemporary gamer.  Our lives are too transient enough as it is these days without every form of electronic entertainment imaginable becoming a "single serving" affair.

And while not everyone has big screen tvs and sound systems (I wasn't trying to imply that everyone does), a 19 inch tube television and a full fledged controller still beats out a tiny cramped screen, knobby analog sticks, and leprechaun friendly buttons any day of the week.  Sorry, but I can only be arsed to yank out my DS when I'm on the go...when I'm at home I can't stand having to yank out that little contraption just so I can play the latest Castlevania game.

So I take it you didn't like Dracula X Chronicles?

I'm not saying everyone has to LOVE portables, but I don't understand why they get the hate they do, especially when some of the games on them rival their console counterparts. If anything, I wish devs would give MORE exclusives to the portable systems to legitimize them more.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: August 18, 2011, 09:05:03 PM »
all this hubub about a game that MIGHT NOT EVEN BE REAL

but if it is, I wonder if Ayami Kojima will do all new artwork for it

and portable gaming is essential to the industry, blame Nintendo for creating the GameBoy 20 years ago

Tags:

anything