Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania : The Complete Choronicles ????  (Read 113732 times)

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania : The Complete Choronicles ????
« Reply #135 on: August 18, 2011, 09:09:44 PM »
all this hubub about a game that MIGHT NOT EVEN BE REAL

but if it is, I wonder if Ayami Kojima will do all new artwork for it

and portable gaming is essential to the industry, blame Nintendo for creating the GameBoy 20 years ago

Possibly the most sensible thing said in this entire thread.

And I agree. The game companies that have made inroads to the iPhone/iPod/iPad market and are doing well will have those profits to be able to work on their next console based blockbuster.

Offline Renonsgoods

• Combat Cross Trainer
  • Vampire Hunter
  • One needs gold even in hell these days
    • Awards
« Reply #136 on: August 18, 2011, 09:11:57 PM »
So I take it you didn't like Dracula X Chronicles?

No, I did enjoy it...on my friend's PSP.  I just wasn't about to buy a new handheld just to play it (point of the argument at hand).  Like I said, I don't mind handhelds when I'm away from home, but when I AM at home...I vastly prefer a real gaming console and television.  And truthfully, that's the only source of my gripe on this discussion.  If this were being released on a home console I don't currently own, then I'd be less inclined to complain.  At some point or another I always end up owning all current gen consoles anyways. 

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: August 18, 2011, 09:16:31 PM »
No, I did enjoy it...on my friend's PSP.  I just wasn't about to buy a new handheld just to play it (point of the argument at hand).  Like I said, I don't mind handhelds when I'm away from home, but when I AM at home...I vastly prefer a real gaming console and television.  And truthfully, that's the only source of my gripe on this discussion.  If this were being released on a home console I don't currently own, then I'd be less inclined to complain.  At some point or another I always end up owning all current gen consoles anyways.

But do you think that a collection like this would even be considered for console release, assuming it is what we think it is? I'm not sure what they have in mind, but I doubt a handful of 2.5D remakes of games from the 80's/90's would fly on the PS3. Portables seem like a more natural fit for something like that.

Offline Renonsgoods

• Combat Cross Trainer
  • Vampire Hunter
  • One needs gold even in hell these days
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2011, 12:30:34 AM »
But do you think that a collection like this would even be considered for console release, assuming it is what we think it is? I'm not sure what they have in mind, but I doubt a handful of 2.5D remakes of games from the 80's/90's would fly on the PS3. Portables seem like a more natural fit for something like that.
Well obviously that's what the marketing guys at Konami have been thinking for some time now, hence the reason all new 2D CV's have been exclusive to the handheld systems for the last 10 years or so (Rebirth and Harmony of Despair notwithstanding).  Though personally, I'd rather see a brand new next gen 2D game on the consoles rather than a rehash collection.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2011, 01:41:18 AM »
We don't even know what the game is going to be like (if it's even real), and people are already complaining about porting it to another system. Apperently because people think it's for the anniversary, it should be ported to PS3, Xbox, 3DS, PSP, Mobile, toaster, and refridgiator. If the game was released for only one of these systems there still would be complaints.

You people should have this discussion until after we know what the game is.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2011, 06:20:04 AM »
Anyone know where this list of konami gamescom games came from? Is it actually a reliable source or are we all getting excited over nothing?
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2011, 07:38:41 AM »
Hopefully this is a remake of some game(s) and not just a straight collection of old games. That would be boring as hell, and something I wouldn't be bothered to care about. In this day and age when most CV games are easily emulated, who needs that? Other than that, I can't think of anything else to say about this... which, for some reason, I find oddly disappointing.

Congratulations to you guys for carrying on a 10 page thread based on what little is available.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 07:43:16 AM by Successor The Red »

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2011, 07:54:19 AM »
Anyone know where this list of konami gamescom games came from? Is it actually a reliable source or are we all getting excited over nothing?
Konami's Gamescom 2011 all title list (Japanese)
http://www.konami-digital-entertainment.co.jp/ja/news/release/2011/0818/

Google Translate
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2011, 07:57:55 AM »
I think he meant the list that had "Complete Chronicles" on it. 

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2011, 11:20:09 AM »
It comes from someone ass. No, seriously. He just invented the list and put some games in it, some of them already confirmed, some rumored. Every fucking E3 has a list like this, and every E3 they're prooved to be fake, why it wouldn't be the case now?

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2011, 11:29:54 AM »
Yea, this does happen alot. But...... who cares? I mean we talk about this every other week, anyway!  :D

Offline SenileSnake

• moron who becomes dracula
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2011, 02:48:19 PM »
successor you can't hide from us forever

yeah i don't get all the talk, either. neither is this confirmed nor has it been hinted at in any way. i don't even get how you got the idea that this was vita only since this allegedly legit list doesn't list platforms. it would be cool, though, but i don't expect anything given konami's laziness and disinterest in the series displayed these past few months / years.

also given that konami won't even bother to do more than upscaling for its moneycow series mgs, there's not much hope they'd just give cv a spa treatment. this might be an instance of "people will buy anything as long as it has BIG BOSS" in it. it sucks because i totally would.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 02:50:44 PM by SenileSnake »

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2011, 04:01:15 PM »
but i don't expect anything given konami's laziness and disinterest in the series displayed these past few months / years.

Except Lords of Shadow was a pretty big deal. The budget may not have been MGS sized, but Konami is definitely investing in Castlevania right now. Even if they're doing it wrong. They wanna turn Castlevania into God of War, which means Konami REALLY wants Castlevania to be huge. Which it will obviously never be. But "disinterest"? Nah.

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • it's been awhile hasn't it
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2011, 05:15:08 PM »
They wanna turn Castlevania into God of War, which means Konami REALLY wants Castlevania to be huge. Which it will obviously never be. But "disinterest"? Nah.

The truth. The pretty damn sad truth, at that.

A lot of this thread was
Congratulations to you guys for carrying on a 10 page thread based on what little is available.

Much of it is bickering, though. Or is that the gamescom thread? I don't know. There's such extreme anger in the fanbase right now. I'm scared and excited for the anniversary to see what we will or won't get and if it will or won't do it justice.
with love and squalor, narkolepsi - back to the lab again!
tumblr

Offline neobuldogg

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: August 21, 2011, 02:55:15 AM »
Why the fuck is it for Vita!?!?! GRRRRR...
PSmotherfuckin'THREE or ExBaux or WeeaUuu!

i understand your anger, i wish castlevania would come back to the home consoles. on the other hand imagine the 2-d hires goodness vita could do for castlevania, something along the lines of Dragons Crown!

Tags:

anything