Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania : The Complete Choronicles ????  (Read 113736 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania : The Complete Choronicles ????
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 11:10:33 AM »
Why you guys frontin' on the Vita? Sure the price is expensive but maybe they have some phat ideas for it that aren't possible on the 3DS dot dot dot

lol @ thread title too excited for correct spelling

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 11:16:20 AM »
I really hope this is true but I hope it's not only for the vita. I want to see a console version too. Originally the rumor was a collection on PSP and Wii so if that was true maybe they switched it to vita and maybe the Wii and other consoles
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 11:26:54 AM »
A complete choronicles should include cv1-3, scviv, bloodlines, the classic gameboy titles, all remastered of course. I DO NOT want to see Symphony on there.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 11:32:10 AM »
A complete choronicles should include cv1-3, scviv, bloodlines, the classic gameboy titles, all remastered of course. I DO NOT want to see Symphony on there.

I agree with you, Symphony is avalible on 4 other systems now and we've have several Metroidvania's, it's time for the classic style to have it's shine.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 11:36:19 AM »
Touching on the buying a Vita subject;

I originally never had an interest in it. I got a 3DS assuming that the next three portable titles would have been on 3DS, along with Megaman Legends 3. So far no 3DS announcement, a possible Vita announcement, and Megaman Legends 3 got cancelled.

I guess I made the wrong call getting a 3DS instead of waiting for Vita.

Offline DingusBelmondo

• Mysterious Stranger
  • Vampire Hunter
  • "Is this your wife? What a lovely throat!"
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 11:46:08 AM »
btw... all Vita games are downloaded... sucks for collectors.
Go. Set Forth! Both your own life and hers are at stake.

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 11:50:09 AM »
Pretty sure Vita game have retail copies. Just that all games may be downloaded, if you prefer.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2011, 11:53:55 AM »
I could care less if this would be only for Vita. I'll end up getting the system anyway for one reason or another.   

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2011, 12:03:25 PM »
This is some VERY encouraging news, but is anyone else wondering if Konami's planning to ride us cheap?  I'd rather see one Castlevania remade with some serious love instead of a complete collection of lazy ports.  :-/

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2011, 12:15:19 PM »
It very well may be a bunch of rom dumps unfortunatly but it beats having nothing at all I guess.

Also
I couldn't care less if this would be only for Vita. I'll end up getting the system anyway for one reason or another. 

Fixed :P
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:18:01 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2011, 12:17:02 PM »
Lol, if it really would just be a port of a bunch of CV games (that most likely were re-released several times already) then that would be another low point in the series' history.

Not to mention it would be total bullshit if they released that for Vita.   
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:27:09 PM by Nagumo »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2011, 12:25:38 PM »
Knowing Konami, a coupling of the previous two Chronicles titles seems likely.

And uuuugggghhhh, Vita... If it's nothing too exuberant, a 3DS release would be nice, too. But I guess I was probably gonna get a Vita for the Silent Hill game on it...maybe. I'm less excited about the series with Yamaoka being gone. Either way, if the system's anything like the PSP, it'll sit around and collect dust.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2011, 12:25:56 PM »
It might not be just for the Vita, actually... but we'll see.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2011, 01:01:51 PM »
This is actually very good news but why on the Vita? I just hope it doesn't get released when the Vita comes out, cause i don't want to bust alot of money just to play a new castlevania title.

As for the collection within the game, hopefully its not a bunch of ports. I have a hunch that this might be the NES, genesis and rondo (and maybe GB if we're lucky enough). i kinda doubt they'd throw SCV4 in the mix cause that's just another remake of the first game (unless you want them to go with SCV4 being simon's 3rd outing)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 01:14:26 PM by Deko21 »
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2011, 01:06:19 PM »
I'm actually not to much of a handheld fan so this is horrible news for myself.

I just think that games for the consoles are obviously better IMO.

This type of game deserves to be on a console just like DXC deserved to be on a console.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Tags:

anything