Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania : The Complete Choronicles ????  (Read 113732 times)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania : The Complete Choronicles ????
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2011, 01:12:05 PM »
Works for me. I'd rather have it on a console, but I'll buy a Vita, too. (Honestly, the Vita appeals to me more than the 3DS, although I'll probably end up with both down the road).

Now I just need to see which games are on this thing (and like what was previously said, if they're just quick rom dumps or something better). I really hope they have some extras, included in the game or package...something that would surprise even us long-term fans would be nice, too.

Hey...I just thought of something...what if it's for Vita and PS3, and it allows...TRANSFARRING?!??  :o *gasp*
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 01:14:51 PM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2011, 01:20:02 PM »
This is actually more disappointing than Just HoD on PS3, since I'm hating the Vita because ITS DOING THE EXACT SAME THING AS THE PSP.
like the PSP, no one is going to but a handheld with a library consists mostly of re-release and Spin-off titles of the Same Priced PS3.

I pray for the PSP hacking team to hurry up on the Vita, because I wont be in a hurry to but one unless Castlevania is THAT impressive (and Bioshock)

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2011, 01:25:13 PM »
This is actually more disappointing than Just HoD on PS3
Yes, cause harmony of dissonance is a terrible game even if it gets an HD port on the PS3... wait, that's not the game you're talking about? (HD = Harmony of Despair, HoD = Harmony of Dissonance)

Anyways, although it'd be nice if it was on consoles, portable sounds kinda better since you can play it on the go :P. Though that's just me since i've been with portables since the game boy.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2011, 01:37:30 PM »
Oh hell the fuck no.

Not Vita, anything but Vita, but, If it's just a collection I don't give a shit. I wanted a new game.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 01:43:17 PM by OSM »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2011, 01:42:49 PM »
Yes, cause harmony of dissonance is a terrible game even if it gets an HD port on the PS3... wait, that's not the game you're talking about? (HD = Harmony of Despair, HoD = Harmony of Dissonance)

Anyways, although it'd be nice if it was on consoles, portable sounds kinda better since you can play it on the go :P. Though that's just me since i've been with portables since the game boy.

lol caught me, just reading it so much kinda makes HD slip to HoD every once in awhile....

Looking at the list again, Its JUST the Vita, MAYBE the Complete Chronicles can make it on multiplatform. (but I doubt it)

I'm Just against Buying a Near PS3 handheld when the only games are Near PS3.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2011, 01:48:03 PM »
lol caught me, just reading it so much kinda makes HD slip to HoD every once in awhile....

Looking at the list again, Its JUST the Vita, MAYBE the Complete Chronicles can make it on multiplatform. (but I doubt it)

I'm Just against Buying a Near PS3 handheld when the only games are Near PS3.
Its understandable. Especially with that pricetag. though we'll all be getting it in the future anyways (maybe when the price drops)

Though if it is multi-platform, then that'd probably make things easer for me cause then i wouldn't have to buy a new console that costs a little too much for a portable.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2011, 01:53:30 PM »
FAAAAAAKE, this shit is so fake it's not even funny.

When these lists even had relevancy anyway?

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2011, 01:54:05 PM »
Hmm...I'm thinking this Complete Chronicles isn't real. Take a look at Ubisoft's games on the list: Assassin's Creed, Driver: Renegade, Michael Jackson: The Experience, Rayman Origins, and Splinter Cell. But then the Vita games they actually announced were Assassin's Creed, Lumines, Asphalt, Dungeon Hunter Alliance, Rayman Origins, and the Michael Jackson game.

I know that the leaked list is just games in development and not necessarily announced at Gamescom, but I digress. And with Konami not announcing this game with the rest of their lineup, it seems doubtful to me. Besides, wasn't there some kind of fake leak for E3 this year that hinted at a new Castlevania game, too? (I could be remembering this incorrectly, too though)
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2011, 02:32:48 PM »
Besides, wasn't there some kind of fake leak for E3 this year that hinted at a new Castlevania game, too? (I could be remembering this incorrectly, too though)
You are correct.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2011, 02:43:35 PM »

This could very well be fake, but c'mon people! Is it really THAT surprising that a new Castlevania game might come to the Vita? You're acting like you didn't even see it coming. Castlevania has a habit of coming to every console ever. If this game is fake then something else could easily be announced someday anyway. Heck, even the legendary 1999 game could end up being a Vita exclusive for all I know. You need to be prepared for such things.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2011, 02:57:50 PM »
If it's real I think people shouldn't worry prematurely about this game being only on Vita.
Did you see MGS Collection and Rising there? This games are also scheduled to be released on the PS3 as far as I know. And seems Vita will receive a port. So what if this CVCC will be released on the PS3 and Vita will receive it as a port?

About the content of this? Who knows. Obviously it will not be collection of all 26+ games in the series. I think maybe it will cover only all 2D main releases. So in a way it will be like CV soundtrack collection. But with games instead of music.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2011, 03:03:16 PM »

This could very well be fake, but c'mon people! Is it really THAT surprising that a new Castlevania game might come to the Vita? You're acting like you didn't even see it coming. Castlevania has a habit of coming to every console ever. If this game is fake then something else could easily be announced someday anyway. Heck, even the legendary 1999 game could end up being a Vita exclusive for all I know. You need to be prepared for such things.

Sure but why a compilation of past games that most probably have it just seems like an easy way out like mario all stars for the wii. If it is an all new game great but if this does turn out true than darn.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2011, 03:11:38 PM »

Hmmm.. I may be a minority here but I think a compilation of past games is a great idea for the 25th Anniversary. I'm surprised people are so against it? Yes, we've all played the games to death, but I love collections, and Castlevania is well over due. It will come in a box. A BOX! With artwork on it. And it will probably have a booklet. And you can put it on your shelf and look at it. Stuff like that.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2011, 03:17:07 PM »
True or not, i dislike it that it's going to be for vita.....i'd rather see it on a Blu-ray Disc for the ps3.....like shelverton said, every time they are making a Castlevania game for a game machine, we are forced to buy it just for the Castlevania game..........right now, i am not  into spending money for games or console games...... :(
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2011, 03:46:59 PM »
Man..this list seems spookingly accurate, if only for the fact Falcom said they would have an RPG that wasn't on portables at launch for Vita.

Ys Origin was a PC game.

Tags: