Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castle Ravenloft  (Read 4299 times)

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« on: June 15, 2011, 12:47:51 AM »
I just found out a board game was released. Looks pretty fun, and definitely as close to CV has role playing comes:
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Product.aspx?x=dnd/products/dndacc/207790000

« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 06:55:24 PM by Wallachia »

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 06:33:30 AM »
hell yeah it comes with a dracolich thats what Im talkin about! Id buy this is somewhere around here actually had it

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 10:57:04 AM »
hell yeah, I dug that too. I wish there were more goth type/undead monsters. and a Strahd figure, or Lord Soth..

Have you seen the DnD minitiatures from the past couple years? Some great stuff there..

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 05:03:47 PM »
I tell ya... if I had the room Id have all kinda shit lol. Ive always loved minis and how detailed they can be. Just dont have the space for all that stuff or really the money to buy it all

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 05:10:48 PM »
I hear ya. Yeah, I have some and had to squeeze them along my windowsill..

Check out these cool CV'ish minis:
http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/mg/un

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 07:48:02 PM »
I just got castle ravenloft off ebay for 56 with free shippin yay! cant wait to play it lol

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 11:53:32 PM »
Hey cool! Do you live near Sf? Let's play! The other cool ruin about it is that u can play alone too.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 06:46:07 AM »
nope Im in TN... I got atleast 1 friend thats gonna play maybe well get some more. I do intend to check it out and see how it plays by mself when it gets here tho

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 06:38:39 PM »
Did you get your game yet Aridale? I did, and loving it! Lots of parts and rules, but fun as hell. Cool artwork and monsters too:

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 07:34:27 PM »
nope I keep expectin mine every day but its not here yet =( hopefully by this weekend I wanna play it!

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 10:29:53 PM »
Thinking about getting this to play with the wifey.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 10:12:04 AM »
Good plan, Killer. I hear women are liking the game. Plus, out of the 5 heroes to choose to play as, 2 are bad-ass women.. a female ranger, and a female rogue. I like the Draconian fighter best though ;P

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 09:15:04 PM »
we played the 3rd and 4th adventures tonight and made a few lil changes. 1 if theres no skull on the tile we dont put a monster out when its placed. 2 You can reuse your utility cards 1d20/4 turns after you used it. 3 if you lvl up you get your hp refilled.

The games just brutal. Other changes were gonna do is prolly move more towards persistent character setups so you wont lvl up with 5xp on a natural 20 but you lvl up more like standard rpgs and can go higher than lvl 2. And like I said persistent chars so if you find a treasure card youll have it til you use it or forever if its not a discard after use one.

If we stay interested enough and can keep gettin together and maybe gettin more ppl involved itll eventually turn into our own DMless DND system lol

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 11:52:55 PM »
Wallachia likes this  :)

Totally, I stretched some rules too, like placing villain tokens on the table under my own made up criteria. They are just too damn cool..

we played the 3rd and 4th adventures tonight and made a few lil changes. 1 if theres no skull on the tile we dont put a monster out when its placed. 2 You can reuse your utility cards 1d20/4 turns after you used it. 3 if you lvl up you get your hp refilled.

The games just brutal. Other changes were gonna do is prolly move more towards persistent character setups so you wont lvl up with 5xp on a natural 20 but you lvl up more like standard rpgs and can go higher than lvl 2. And like I said persistent chars so if you find a treasure card youll have it til you use it or forever if its not a discard after use one.

If we stay interested enough and can keep gettin together and maybe gettin more ppl involved itll eventually turn into our own DMless DND system lol

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2011, 08:02:52 AM »
one thing I know needs to change is monsters movin 1 square instead of 1 tile. Thats just crazy

Tags:

anything