Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Charity Marathon supporting Child's Play Charity.  (Read 2638 times)

Offline Farronox

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (PS2/XBOX)
Greetings

My name is Farronox. I am a small Youtuber and the Event coordinator for For Cairne Sake, a Charity Marathon group.

Last year I ran a small Marathon called For Cairne Sake. We intended to play World of Warcraft but ended up playing Diablo 3 and netting $470 for Child’s Play.

Well I am Happy to announce our Next Marathon, coming on June 7th, will be a 48 Hour Castlevania marathon called Castlevania: Child’s Play.

We plan to start the marathon at 9am that Friday morning with Symphony of the Night and continue on with Curse of Darkness, alternating as needed to complete unlocked completion goals, and end it with Dracula’s Curse if we have time for it.

We are also working on putting together a list of songs for a Singathon where we will sing as many songs from the list as are donated for, at a rate of $1/30 seconds.

We are working on getting a few Bead Sprites and contacting Deviantart Artists for signed prints or use permission to print and frame images we will give away as prizes. And, we will be giving away a copy of Symphony of the Night, sadly outside the original packaging and without the box art or manual.

For More information, feel free to follow @Forcairnesake on Twitter

We hope to see you there. :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 01:07:41 PM by Farronox »

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Charity Marathon supporting Child's Play Charity.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 04:59:13 PM »
Wow quite an endeavor. I wish you the best for it. Although why such an eclectic choice of Castlevanias? SotN and CVIII are hailed by many for being arguably the best of their sub-type, but why CoD?
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 05:15:13 PM »
Perhaps it's because CoD doesn't get much respect these days & they want to cover a not-so-popular game to shake things up from the more obvious fan-accredited choices (Symphony, CVIII, etc.) Although LoI is the better game, I don't mind watching a CoD playthrough, it's been years since I played it myself.

I love events like these with noble intentions, unfortunately I work Friday morning so I'll miss the beginning, but I'll try to tune in later that night!  :)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 05:28:49 PM »
Welcome to the dungeon Farronox. Wish you luck for your You Tube event.  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Farronox

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 10:26:01 AM »
Honestly, the reason for the game choices is this. I personally have not played that much Castlevania, but I love the universe. We chose CoD because its the only one I've played and beat. SotN was chosen for obvious reasons as a fan favorite.

Welcome to the dungeon Farronox. Wish you luck for your You Tube event.  :)

On this note, forgive any confusion, I do apologize for not listing out site on the OP, but this will not have any youtube presence besides promotion and post event Highlights. We will be streaming the event live via a twitch.tv stream embeded on our site at forcairnesake.org, although it is not currently live with the pages we will be using for the event. This will change this weekend when I air my Charity event news show and have revealed the info to our broader audience.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 10:30:42 AM »
no prob  ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Farronox

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 03:45:32 PM »
Thought I'd throw you guys one last update.

We are on schedule to start streaming at 9am CDT Friday June 7th at Forcairnesake.org. If you would like to go ahead and head over to the site you can see all the fancy prizes and donation incentives we've come up with.

I feel I should say I am very happy with the response I received from you guys, thanks for responding to this topic. :)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 05:09:39 PM »
I may be able to tune in on Friday. :o
And I am all for donations, especially to Child's Play.

If I can, then I will donate. :)

Best of luck and I hope you raise a lot. Nice cause. :D
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: