Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Japan: It's Not Funny Anymore  (Read 7448 times)

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2010, 07:45:38 PM »
Then don't read it.  He can make his articles as long as he needs to.  8)

I did read it though, but like 2 months ago.  Guy needs to just GTFO of Japan already if he hates it that much.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2010, 09:42:42 PM »
I don't think he hates it, but I think that he's taking the Weeaboos who think Japan is 'just about the best thing ever zomg" and taking 'em down a few pegs by pointing out some things that one will notice when one lives there.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2010, 06:03:01 PM »
This article is good.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 05:44:32 AM »
+1
I find it disturbing that it seems socially acceptable to deny the Rape of Nanking in Japanese society. Kōichi Sugiyama, the composer for the Dragon Quest series, for instance, is part of a Japanese historical revisionist group that denies it ever happened, among other disgraces of the Japanese empire.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 06:37:54 AM »
Now I don't know if I want to get dragon quest 6 and 9 after hearing that...  :-\

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2010, 09:33:13 AM »
He has some valid points but most of it is just random non Japan related crap.
-You don't have to live in Japan to have a hard time being a vegan/vegetarian. his example with bread is exactly the same here (Netherlands) with a few exceptions but then you pay 5 times as much for the bread.
- They have non smoking sections? Over here Smoking is banned but every cafe etc ignores the ban, they have ashtrays on all of the tables and everyone is free to do as they please, at least there you'll have a place where you are not confronted by this.
- They rearrange stores? So what? again same here, it's called marketing, they place products that do not sell enough up front in an effort to get people to buy them.

- He starts off complaining that he liked the fact Japan had certain morals and values where people were polite, they stress that out in Japan, again so what? over here we have people beating up old folks who walk down the street. I'd rather have someone who forces himself to be polite to others than someone who is downright rude.
- The stereo type problem, don't we all have it? Racism and discrimination is abundant people do what they see fit to keep their own sense of security safe.
- The slot machine problem, the US has an entire city dedicated to it. It's called Vegas, other countries have similar places, people love to throw away their money with the false sense that they might be the lucky one to win the jackpot.

The problem I have with his article is that his problems are so general you can find them in every culture in the world in some form, his final note on how life is a game is simply true. If he cannot play by the rules then he should change them instead of complaining about them. Whining about stuff like that never led to anything.
And I guess I'll stop there before my post becomes as long as his.

Tags: