Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Unreal 4 and 2D Fighters?  (Read 2384 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: April 08, 2015, 08:57:07 AM »
I was just wondering, does anyone on the Dungeon have any experience using Unreal 4 or just Unreal or UDK in general?

I am trying to start a project using Unreal 4 and I am pretty new using it. I am using Digital Tutors and I do have experinece using Unreal 3, Unreal Script, and UDK.

I am basically trying to create a game similar to Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 and Street Fighter Alpha 3, but with Pro Wrestling Superstars and functions.

I am aware that Guilty Gear Xrd, Street Fighter 5, and MKX (Using a highly modified version of Unreal Engine) were and all are being made with Unreal Engine.

For some weird reason regarding 2D Fighters they are no templates available for it using Unreal and no info or development insider information on how any of those said mentioned titles created those games or even the process to get started doing something like that.

I was wondering could someone help me out or has any experience using Unreal or could help me get started.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline zaxiou

• Hunter in Training
  • Wrryyyyyy
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 08:05:26 AM »
Can't help you much with the technical stuff but Arc Sys did a GDC talk about Gulty Gear Xrd where they described their workflow and a few technical details regarding how they managed to get the 3D stuff look so much like an animated sprite. Might help you out.
http://gdcvault.com/play/1022031/GuiltyGearXrd-s-Art-Style-The

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 02:15:13 PM »
Can't help you much with the technical stuff but Arc Sys did a GDC talk about Gulty Gear Xrd where they described their workflow and a few technical details regarding how they managed to get the 3D stuff look so much like an animated sprite. Might help you out.
http://gdcvault.com/play/1022031/GuiltyGearXrd-s-Art-Style-The

Thanks, I will check that out!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Tags:

anything