Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: IGA's new project finally teased at PAX?  (Read 53558 times)

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
Re: IGA's new project finally teased at PAX?
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 06:18:33 AM »
Gain their skills, forging new weapons from the precious materials they leave behind

This sound's very Soma Cruzish.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 06:20:33 AM by Anglachel »
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 06:30:03 AM »
It's a reference to something from a game magazine.

Yeah but why not just say PS1 if it's trying to hint at IGA?

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 08:18:05 AM »
It's possible that if this is IGA's game that Comcept, Inafune's company, will be publishing it. At this point it's pure speculation entirely, but would be a really awesome if true. They're both famous japanese action game developers, and Comcept is really the place for IGA to shine if he had been held back in a lot of ways by Konami.

It's pretty well implied that Inafune isn't heading this, whatever it is. They made sure to remove the project leader's name off this hand out. If it was Inafune, they'd just come out and say it.
I actually wouldn't be surprised if Inafune reached out to IGA. Mizaguchi was mentioned in the other ad, and I'm thinking Inafune's trying to get these other game minds within his ranks for future projects(at least to build a stronger force). Or, at least try to form an alliance with other newly independant industry folk. Almost like the good will shown between Comcept, Yacht Club Games and such. A lot of them seem to promote each other and rave about each others games. It's interesting to see so much good will between different developers(all cheering each other on).
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:34:43 AM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 09:04:29 AM »
Gain their skills, forging new weapons from the precious materials they leave behind

Sounds more like Hector to me.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2014, 09:34:13 AM »
+1
Igaravania: Curse of Sorrow. Coming Soon.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2014, 09:45:21 AM »
+2
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2014, 09:51:07 AM »
I am more excited for IGAs next game now than I would be if I heard he were returning to make the next Castlevania.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:59:54 AM by Jeffrey Montoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2014, 10:46:17 AM »

Yea, this is gonna be very Aria/Dawn of Sorrow.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2014, 02:23:03 PM »
+1
Im interested in this even if it isn't IGA.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2014, 03:14:52 PM »
I am more excited for IGAs next game now than I would be if I heard he were returning to make the next Castlevania.

Same. Perhaps there will be more resources and creative control, or perhaps budget constraints will make for ingenuity.

One thing we can be certain: ALL NEW SPRITES, BABY
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2014, 03:57:30 PM »
One thing we can be certain: ALL NEW SPRITES, BABY
Oh man I would be so happy if this were a 2D game, but I'm not against 2.5D either.

I just hope the atmosphere is very Castlevania with a strong art direction and nice catchy music.

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2014, 07:03:52 PM »
The only thing Inafune can do for IGA is to give him some advice about management or gameplay, Inafune's company is not a publisher per se, his company comes up with ideas for games and publishers buy those ideas, they don't have the people to program games either. If IGA wants to go the kickstarter route, I can see him asking for advice or even some kind of partnership to gain more notorierty.

If I was IGA, I will partner with Inafune for advice and Inti Creates for the development, they are a small company but they did a great job with sprite platform games, recently Gunvolt, or he can try the 2.5D route like Mighty No.9, but that requires a lot more money.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2014, 08:01:35 PM »
Interesting. I hope it has a strong villain  ;D

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2014, 11:25:18 AM »
I would love this to be true. And it's only poetic that IGA become involved with Comcept.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2014, 02:01:35 PM »
Now begs the question, 2.5D with HD sprites or 2D with HD sprites?

Tags: