Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: IGA's new project finally teased at PAX?  (Read 53582 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: IGA's new project finally teased at PAX?
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2014, 11:51:07 AM »
I have a feeling we'll find out more around Halloween.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2014, 12:12:22 PM »
I have a feeling we'll find out more around Halloween.

I hope so, too. Considering the type of game, I could imagine a build up for it during Halloween.

I doubt they'd tease the game if it's going to be a year+ off from reveal.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2014, 12:32:21 PM »
Maybe annoucing it soon and holding the KS during October would be a great way to get people high on Halloween spirit to back it. 

And yeah, the fact they released the flyer(which pretty much hints the links to CV and IGA) means they are likely could to reveal it soon. They aren't Square Enix, after all.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 12:33:55 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2014, 11:54:27 AM »
Imagine if IGA brought in Masaki Hirooka again, the Order of Ecclesia artist. :)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2014, 12:12:58 PM »
This game is totally gonna have Ayami Kojima and Michiru Yamane. Calling it NOW.

(Or maybe not. But if IGA wants to kickstart this thing, he should bring in those two ladies ASAP. Inafune bringing in old Mega Man composers for Mighty No 9 probably helped that thing a lot. A game is never just "a game". There's so much more to it, especially when the backers mostly consists of old hardcore fans of a dying franchise. Just my two cents.)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2014, 12:20:08 PM »
Yamane could definitely make a comeback since she's freelance now. Her last job was Skullgirls I believe, it would be amazing to see her compose again for a Metroidvania.

Ayami, I don't know what she's up to now. I could see a piece of art by her being a promotional thing or a pledge award for the KS.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 12:25:51 PM by OSM »

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2014, 12:34:25 PM »
Ideally, IGA would bring in a couple of the composers from the series past, not just Yamane. Though I have to remind myself that this is not a Castlevania game. But if Inafune could base his game so blatantly on Mega Man, IGA could pull off a similar stunt. I want Kinuyo Yamashita AKA James Banana. Would be incredible to hear what all those years away from Castlevania would result in.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2014, 01:15:37 PM »
+1
Ideally, IGA would bring in a couple of the composers from the series past, not just Yamane. Though I have to remind myself that this is not a Castlevania game. But if Inafune could base his game so blatantly on Mega Man, IGA could pull off a similar stunt. I want Kinuyo Yamashita AKA James Banana. Would be incredible to hear what all those years away from Castlevania would result in.

Walk It Out - Belmont's Destiny

She still has that Castlevania-ish sort of style, and this was to a fucking fitness game.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2014, 01:28:43 PM »
+1
At around 0:25 in that song it reminded me a bit about this (0:15 and forward)

http://youtu.be/hT8FhGDS5qE

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2014, 01:36:27 PM »
I KNEW IT SOUNDED FAMILIAR.

I thought it was a remix of some Castlevania song, but sounds very strangely Lufia.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2014, 03:06:36 PM »
This game is totally gonna have Ayami Kojima and Michiru Yamane. Calling it NOW.

I hope so too, but I think Yamane's a given while Kojima less so.

Of course I'm hoping the Kickstarter would succeed to begin with. It's not a done deal, not yet.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2014, 03:18:37 PM »
But then shouldn't the original Dracula and Frankenstein both be in the public domain now? They're like 83 years old. Also cool to hear Alucard isn't trademarked, at least in the US. Could be that they just branded Hellsing's Alucard as "Arucard" so the Japanese could pronounce it. Then people decided the Japanese pronunciation was "better" like the people who insist on calling Guts from Berserk "Gatts" or "Gattsu"

As far as I know, yes. Both books are in the public domain.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2014, 03:24:06 PM »
I wonder if vampires will be referenced at all in this game. It sounds like demons from any kind of mythology could be present.

Will they go for a map structure based off of OoE with several areas/levels with their own maps, or have it take place in one giant map like SotN?

Man the fact IGA has a clean slate to work with and that most of the things I love about Castlevania are technically public domain makes me excited for this. The Belmonts and our beloved wall chicken are the only things we're losing here.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 03:26:57 PM by OSM »

Offline AxeLord

• Hector's #1 Fan
  • Hunter in Training
  • Where's the damn wall meat, Ellis?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2014, 04:08:44 PM »
+3
Truly, my excitement cannot be expressed in words. This is amazing! If IGA is in any way involved with Inafune, that would be awesome. I've been curious where IGA's been off to in the past few months. Just... wow!

By the by, hello, everyone. This is my first post here in the Dungeon! Huzzah!
Roses are red,
violets are blue,
but enough talk -
have at you!

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2014, 04:35:06 PM »
The Belmonts and our beloved wall chicken are the only things we're losing here.

I'm pretty sure wall chicken isn't trademarked or copyrighted. ;D
"Stuff and things."

Tags:

anything