Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: IGA's new project finally teased at PAX?  (Read 53077 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« on: August 31, 2014, 07:50:25 PM »
+2
Could this be a tease for IGA's project? If it is, I guess this means IGA and Inafune are collabing?

https://twitter.com/jose_otero

EDIT: It definitely seems like IGA is involved going by this tweet. I wonder what "MIZ" stands for.

https://twitter.com/brandonnn/status/506252773432623104
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 08:01:19 PM by OSM »

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: IGA's new project finally teased at PAX?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 08:17:03 PM »
+1
Probably Tetsuya Mizuguchi who made the game Rez(which another flyer from the panel featured).

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 09:01:47 PM »
OMGOMGOMG

Please let IGA be making a Castlevania clone Please let IGA be making a Castlevania clone Please let IGA be making a Castlevania clone Please let IGA be making a Castlevania clone Please let IGA be making a Castlevania clone ...
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 09:13:09 PM »
The screenshots certainly looks Castlevania-ish, could be Igarashi's new project.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 09:36:38 PM »
+1
Gothic imagery, castles, shinto temple motifs.

Yep, this is definitely Dave Cox's new project he was hinting about.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 09:44:31 PM »
I'm hoping for a castlevania clone honestly.

After all Konami does not own the rights to Dracula, all he would have to do is create and new group of heroes not belmonts and a new castle that is not castlevania.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 10:08:29 PM »
I don't quite get the reason for the fine print text at the end saying "yeah that's going to be the game on the Ultra 64" if it's IGA. I assume that's supposed to be some kind of clue as to what it is, but I can't find any way to link IGA to the N64 since it was KCEK that did CV64 and LoD. Only way is if it has to do with someone else linked to the project as well.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 10:25:02 PM »
Looks like an oooold ad ripped out from a 90's video game magazine. Maybe that's the intention? The screenshots are presented on televisions, or something? Or maybe it's just a border. The "Ultra 64" thing (which I can barely read) makes the plot thickens even more. I wonder wtf this is. Anyway, I've missed IGA so I'm excited again.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 10:25:44 PM »
I don't quite get the reason for the fine print text at the end saying "yeah that's going to be the game on the Ultra 64" if it's IGA. I assume that's supposed to be some kind of clue as to what it is, but I can't find any way to link IGA to the N64 since it was KCEK that did CV64 and LoD. Only way is if it has to do with someone else linked to the project as well.

It's a reference to something from a game magazine.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 11:02:05 PM »
dun dun dun dun...
I will be expecting a complete announcement soon.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 12:28:27 AM »
The whole alchemy theme kinda reminds me of how IGA said he tends to make the gameplay gimick first, then make a story revolving the gimick rather than make a story and create a gimick for it. Making alchemy a main theme for the hero almost fits with IGA's method of game making.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 12:54:17 AM »
It's looking and sound like Castlevania, but i want hold my hopes, until it's revealed what is truly.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 01:41:24 AM »
Could someone explain why a game that is being shown at a Keiji Inafune panel means it's going to be developed by IGA instead of Keiji Inafune?

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 02:05:45 AM »
+1
Could someone explain why a game that is being shown at a Keiji Inafune panel means it's going to be developed by IGA instead of Keiji Inafune?

It was shown at Mighty No 9's panels, and if you know who was involved in raising awareness to the game, it was the company 8-4, who also assisted in the promotion videos. 8-4 have worked on at least two of IGA's games. It wouldn't surprise me if they too were getting behind this as they did with Mighty No 9, hence the teaser. Some of those at 8-4 also worked in magazine press, primarily EGM, which would explain the style of teasers for this and the other game shown at the event. I mean, why would the creator's name be intentionally obstructed? It's clearly not Inafune.

There were two mysterious ads from that booth, one of which is supposedly hinting at this game being IGA's, the one this thread is based upon. The "turning your world upside-down" is a Symphony of the Night reference, the image of the castle, and the image that looks similarly to the shrine stuff from Aria of Sorrow. If you want to look that deep, those are all either strange coincidences or references.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 02:07:18 AM by Foffy »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 02:09:09 AM »

It's possible that if this is IGA's game that Comcept, Inafune's company, will be publishing it. At this point it's pure speculation entirely, but would be a really awesome if true. They're both famous japanese action game developers, and Comcept is really the place for IGA to shine if he had been held back in a lot of ways by Konami.

It's pretty well implied that Inafune isn't heading this, whatever it is. They made sure to remove the project leader's name off this hand out. If it was Inafune, they'd just come out and say it.

Tags: