Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 980704 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #885 on: May 11, 2015, 10:26:08 PM »
Even Gebel looks like Soma in Alucard's clothing.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #886 on: May 11, 2015, 10:35:05 PM »
Essentially pre-ordered my first game on Kickstarter.  Now to figure out if I want any of the other bonus stuff.  That video was great.

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #887 on: May 11, 2015, 10:37:19 PM »
Why the pixelated Miriam sprite looks better than the official concept "screenshot". Oh Castlevania what have you done to me :D

Seriously that picture of Richter and the others counting on Miriam is awesome!
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #888 on: May 11, 2015, 10:51:58 PM »
Is there any gameplay video of the game yet?

TO be honest, I'm worried for pictures of the game I did not like consept picture at all. Hope bloodstained: ritual of the night looks like DS CV same style.

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #889 on: May 11, 2015, 11:05:24 PM »
I'm proud of IGA and associates for putting together such a well-choreographed, clever, and passionate Kickstarter, and what seems to be a fitting alternative to Metroidvania. I think I would like either a Classicvania-type alternate mode, or, more fittingly for this project, I'd want the game to have a design that has areas which emphasize consequential platforming with spikes, traps, and moving parts, along with meaningful enemy placement. (Think Stage 3 of The Adventure Rebirth on Hard.) I realize this project is perhaps more for the Metroidvania fans, but I would hope the Classicvania fans aren't left out in the cold. I have enjoyed Metroidvanias, but they're typically not my preference. Yet, given the amount of time since the last one (unless we're counting MoF?), and the fact that the budget/timing doesn't seem as constrained, the results could trump my tempered expectations of the genre.

I also hope there are areas with a moodier/darker aesthetic than the first promo images suggest. I was expecting the art style to be a little more like Order of Ecclesia. But I think this current art has a fairly broad appeal to it, which is smart.

Overall, I'm excited about the announcement, though, and really happy for IGA, going out and getting it like this. His video intro was very memorable and on-point. The industry DOES need games like this, both in tone and in design.

Is there any gameplay video of the game yet?

TO be honest, I'm worried for pictures of the game I did not like consept picture at all. Hope bloodstained: ritual of the night looks like DS CV same style.

No, there is only concept art and mock-ups. There won't be gameplay for a long while, I don't think. They said it will be 2.5D with shaders to make it look closer to pixel art. Similar to the recent Guilty Gear Xrd or Strider 2014 games. The game will take about 2 years to make, as well. In the meantime, they said they will share visual styles for people to offer their opinions on, if I heard right.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #890 on: May 11, 2015, 11:13:34 PM »
+4
WHY ISN'T SIMON IN THAT PIC GOSHGIBLETS

Better?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #891 on: May 11, 2015, 11:19:47 PM »
Nice one Lely! LOL

As of now, less than $100,000 left for the local coop goal.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #892 on: May 11, 2015, 11:34:56 PM »
Ok after hearing this, I REALLY want 8 bit arrangements now.
https://soundcloud.com/skitchstudio/rise-of-the-night-remix

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #893 on: May 11, 2015, 11:47:47 PM »

Better?

That's evil. I put Simon there already lol

« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 11:49:52 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #894 on: May 11, 2015, 11:56:50 PM »
Calling it, Gebel wont be the main villain. He will be the "brainwashed/corrupted comrade". He summoned the castle, but some other alchemist, probebly the creator of the curse in the first place or something, will likely be the main villain behind Gebel.

Gebel will then likely become the Alucard of any future installments.

Im very curious how IGA plans on making this franchise. alchemical crystal curse doesnt seem quite as simple to work with as just "lolvampires" Dracula.

also looking at the mysterious voice credits, im convinced theyll have gotten, (or want to get) Robert Belgrade and/or Dracula's own VA.  theyre too iconic to pass up.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 12:02:39 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #895 on: May 11, 2015, 11:57:12 PM »
One million already? IGA, you bastard. <3

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #896 on: May 11, 2015, 11:58:33 PM »
+1
Nalling it, gebel wont be the main villain. He will be the "brainwashed/corrupted comrade". He summoned the castle, but some other alchemist, probebly the creator of the curse in the first place or something, will likely be the main villain behind Gebel.

Gebel will then likely become the Alucard of any future installments.

Im very curious how IGA plans on making this franchise. alchemical crystal curse doesnt seem quite as simple to work with as just "lolvampires" Dracula.

I called it first u.u

And also called that the villain is Johannes. He will pull a Barlowe all over again.

I mean, the fact that Gebel is the "curse's source" and that the heroine is also cursed, but Johannes is the only one clean and helps staggering Miriam's curse on her quest makes me think that Johannes is doing it merely so Miriam can destroy Gebel because "only someone cursed can destroy the curse" or something to this effect, and Johannes wants to become the Demon Castle's master, but only someone profoundly corrupted like Gebel could summon it.

This will be like retelling Lament of Innocence, I predict.

Look at Gebel, for god's sake. He's too obviously "villainesque" and Johannes is too obviously "goody two shoes".
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 12:06:02 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #897 on: May 12, 2015, 12:03:03 AM »
They're about to reach the last stretch goal AGAIN. I wonder where to go next? Do I dare say more platformzzz?? VITA!!? 3DS!?!? Nah. I guess not. And even PS3/360/WiiU is a bit unlikely when I think about it. This game, after all, may not come out until 2017. How relevant will those three consoles be then? Even as someone who keeps all my old consoles and occasionally plays on them, realises that in 2017 the PS4 will be my main console. Had the game been only a few months away I would've wanted it for the PS3 or 360, but I try to be realistic here...

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #898 on: May 12, 2015, 12:04:27 AM »
I would love a PS3 version (because I'm too poor to buy a PS4 lololol), but the Steam PC version will do. Tempted to pledge $100...

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #899 on: May 12, 2015, 12:08:51 AM »
+3
I would love a PS3 version (because I'm too poor to buy a PS4 lololol)

That's my point, I'm too poor as well! But we both will be able to save up for it in this time (2 years!). C'MON CHERNABOGUE WE CAN DO THIS DON'T GIVE UP

No but seriously. I keep saying that I should save up for this and that, but in the end I spend everything on other stuff instead :D

Tags: