Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Anyone think the Hulk is going down? (Comics)  (Read 5614 times)

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Anyone think the Hulk is going down? (Comics)
« on: October 16, 2007, 06:05:08 PM »
I have to say yes.  Anyone reading World War Hulk will know what I'm talking about.  Basically the Hulk was shot into space because he was to dangerous.  He landed on the wrong planet was tortured and mistreared.  Lead a rebellion, defeated the king, became king, had a pregnant queen. Then
his ship blew up and killed his wife and a vast majority of the planet.  Now the Hulk and the remaining members of the planet have come to earth to kill the ones who sent the hulk
there (Dr. Strange, Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic, and Black Bolt).

Hulk and his war bound have defeated the x men, the fantastic four, and the avengers.  The only person left is The Sentry.

Now I believe that The sentry will be able to stop/kill him.  Here's are his powers...

The Sentry's powers derive from a serum that moves his molecules an instant ahead of the current timeline, although he also absorbs solar radiation for strength[citation needed]. Even though most of his powers and their limits are unknown, he displays several abilities including vast superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability and senses, and the power of flight.

The Sentry has been shown to be able to easily lift tremendous weights, but was unable to stop the S.H.I.E.L.D. carrier from crashing without the help of Wonder Man and Ms. Marvel.[citation needed] His speed is great enough to catch bullets, and through flight he can travel to the sun and back in a matter of minutes. Nick Fury has stated that S.H.I.E.L.D. has not yet found a way to kill the Sentry, and Iron Man's scanners have found no physical weaknesses in his body. His strength and durability rival those of Thor, and Hercules.[2]

The Sentry also has superhuman senses as he once told an opponent that he can see his nerve centers and claimed to be able to "hear a butterfly's heartbeat in Africa" from New York City. He can project energy fields and control light, and he uses his mental powers in his daily life, although they are primarily used for holding his physical form together. He was once able to implant his memories inside another person's mind. He can also emit a radiation that pacifies the Hulk
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline John Capricorn

• Celebrate good times, c'mon. Celebrate ...etc
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Anyone think the Hulk is going down? (Comics)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 09:30:01 PM »
Cool drawings.

Offline efin

• Hunter in Training
    • Castlevania Homebrew Images
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 01:44:51 AM »

Foreplay for the super.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 08:04:01 AM »
In Reply To #1

You have a very nice comic collection!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 10:12:23 AM »
The Sentry is ridiculously overpowered. A creation of lazy imagination, thinks me.

As for Hulk, I doubt he'll die even if he loses.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 10:43:09 AM »
I heard from a wiki that Sentry was the creation of Stan Lee.  Still, he seems way to powerful, almost like a Superman figure...
...I don't really like too many Superhero comics, the major exception being Watchmen.  I enjoy the ones that have them reacted to real-life or deep and dark issues (pretty much anything written by Alan Moore).
Also, sorry to hear about your bannage, JoW.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 11:57:33 AM »
Yeah, it definately seems Sentry is overpowered. Only Superman can be that.

Offline Slayer

• Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 12:51:37 PM »
In Reply To #3

Does anyone else notice that he's punching her breasts...

Offline Blue Cheese

• SO DAMNED GOOD
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 01:53:00 PM »
In Reply To #6

there was an April Fools issue of Wizard magazine that had an article about the Sentry being Stan Lee's creation. It isn't true.

He IS a diliberate analog to Superman though. Marvel doesn't really have any uber hax heroes (at least none that worry too much about teeny weeny little Earth) so they made a sort of "What If Marvel had Superman" character. 

He's got probably one of the most convoluted back stories ever in comics and the character has only been around for 7-8 years. 

I think he either manages to take down Hulk, OR, gets killed himself.  And then there is that whole Red Hulk thing...

Offline Slayer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 01:59:13 PM »
Maybe Hulk and Sentry will kill each other...

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 11:59:39 AM »
Sentry also rips Carnage in half:

Offline Slayer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 12:22:02 PM »
In Reply To #11

They need to kill Sentry already...I'm sorry, but thats way too powerful, and way out of line to be killing off Spiderman characters...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 12:25:07 PM by Famine »

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2007, 06:29:18 PM »
In Reply To #12
Half the marvel universe could rip carnage in half...
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline The Clark

• Beast of Blood
  • Hunter in Training
    • MySpace profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 04:18:30 PM »
He has the power of a million exploding suns...but he can't kill Wolverine?

Offline Blue Cheese

• SO DAMNED GOOD
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 06:21:08 PM »
In Reply To #14

He could have vaporized Wolvie from orbit. He just wanted to knock him out.

The thing with the Sentry is, he is TOTALLY mental. He has deeeep issues with guilt, fear and even a split personality (his arch-nemesis, Void, is actually himself...kind of a super hero Tyler Durden). If he were to ever get that stuff straightened out then he'd be REAL powerful.  As it is now he usually doesn't do anything out of fear and self doubt.

GOD I love Marvel

Tags:

anything