Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Next Nintendo DS: Camera, Music Playback and confirmed by Nikkei!!!!  (Read 3722 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Now, if this is true, it would be nice to play the new Castlevania game and the previous on the new DS with bigger screen!!

Read here:http://ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=336727
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Next Nintendo DS: Camera, Music Playback and confirmed by Nikkei!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 02:19:40 AM »
I just want to know if this is a new system that plays old DS game cartridges as well as something new, or is it just a new DS that'll stick with just the same DS cartridges?

In other words, am I going to have to buy this to play future games?
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 02:37:07 AM »
In Reply To #2

Yuo have a point there!! :o Will it have new and bigger cartridges for the new games or not? Well, only time will answer those questions!
Ruler of Chaos

moonKnight

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 10:36:58 AM »
This may not be technologically possible, or it may not be cost effective (lack of demand), but I do rather wish that the DS played DS, Advance, AND Gameboy Color/Original cartridges.  If the Gameboy Advance could play both Advance and original titles from the same slot, why not have the same functionality in a DS?

A bigger screen would be nice (though will older games be able to take advantage of that?).  I like the idea of system interconnectivity, even though I don't currently own a Wii.

I don't really care about music playback or a digital camera feature.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 11:10:05 AM »
I wonder if the gba slot will be removed? Personally, I hope so, because that will mean they'll be able to make the unit slimmer!

Besides, everyone owns a SP or dsphat (or other means of playing advance games) anyway. The gba-slot on the DS is basically obsolete nowadays.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 12:56:30 PM »
i wonder, if that "bigger screen" will be really that, as in higher resolution or just the regular screen with bigger pixels or stretched to make it appear bigger.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 01:03:01 PM by Serio »

Offline semianonymous

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 01:14:24 PM »
I wonder if the gba slot will be removed? Personally, I hope so, because that will mean they'll be able to make the unit slimmer!

Besides, everyone owns a SP or dsphat (or other means of playing advance games) anyway. The gba-slot on the DS is basically obsolete nowadays.
Considering how part of the DS is GBA hardware (the second core, iirc), taking that away would be pointless and cripple the DS if they took the hardware out too.
Also, a very nice bit is the SD compatability, meaning if ninty is kind enough, we could get VC games on the DS.

Portable CV4 anyone?

Tags: