Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Nintendo NX Revealed as Nintendo Switch  (Read 11698 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Nintendo NX Revealed as Nintendo Switch
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 08:36:26 AM »
I'm not the smallest bit impressed, to be honest. It's Nintendo again betting on the portability gimmick, this time with strange, small joysticks.

Yeah yeah Skyrim yeah 5 year-old-game-running-on-a-Nintendo yeah not a big deal really. Also, Zelda looked choppy from the brief images we got.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 10:00:04 AM »
Ugh... :P  Why is Nintendo messing around with their controllers? Again? The box-ish shape is going to be difficult to use. I like my D-Pad perpendicular to the A,B,X,Y, buttons. Both Analogue sticks should be below them. Hopefully a game pad comes out that mimics the PS controller design as it's way better and more comfortable. And why call it the Nintendo Switch? What's wrong with NX?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 11:30:41 AM »
Nintendo has never failed to puzzle. 

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 12:17:50 PM »
I need to see it in action personally but from what I've seen and heard so far I am intrigued.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 12:44:03 PM »
Looked pretty nice to me.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 01:02:44 PM »
I like what I see so far. Plus, the amount of third-party support they're supposedly getting is setting this off to a good start.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 01:29:39 PM »
I'm eager to see what the launch software will be, but I'm kind of interested in getting this day one, and I've never gotten a console on launch.

I like its use of flash memory game cartridges. It's a medium I'd like to see resurrected since you can get high capacity SD cards pretty cheaply these days. More durable, longer lasting than discs with no pesky optical drive to break down.

Console/handheld hybrid is a nice experiment. Guess we'll see if Nintendo can manage to rein in the handheld market with this one; I know plenty of people who just got their first 3DS and I don't imagine they'll be eager to buy another system too soon. But I like the idea of a game system you can play on-the-go with a sizable screen, plus dock it for full HD (or at least 720p) TV play.

I'm intrigued. I'll likely get Breath of the Wild on Wii U because I imagine the game was optimized for that hardware, but we'll see. It would be nice to see a comparison of the two versions on Digital Foundry before the game releases.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 01:39:37 PM »
I like what I see so far. Plus, the amount of third-party support they're supposedly getting is setting this off to a good start.

Let's see if those 3rd party devs actually stick with Switch support a year after launch. I Remember when the Wii U got a nice chunk of 3rd party support when it was announced and they bailed 6 months after launch.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 04:04:53 PM »
Let's see if those 3rd party devs actually stick with Switch support a year after launch. I Remember when the Wii U got a nice chunk of 3rd party support when it was announced and they bailed 6 months after launch.

My thoughts exactly.  I like the look of it, but I don't like the --possibility-- that the pro controller is a separate purchase.  Hopefully there will be some good bundles.

I am really waiting on specs because I'm very curious how this is going to work.  I've wondered if the dock has a GPU booster inside of it and on-the-go gaming is a lower resolution and texture quality.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 04:47:38 PM »

Very good argument. Add on that Skyrim was in the trailer but Bethesda will not confirm whether the game is even going to be on the console, and it does warrant skepticism.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 05:21:55 PM »
Guaranteed the Switch Pro Controller will be a separate purchase. I'd love it if Wii U Pro Controllers were compatible but that's not likely to happen. Nintendo gotta get dat munnay!
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 08:54:54 PM »
Just leave the name as NX... Seriously. The Wii U would've sold better as the Revolution, the Switch would sell better as the NX and it's a much nicer title.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 10:00:32 PM »
+1
I've been telling people this all day.  It could be the best system yet but it will need good games to go with it. I know I would personally love another console Fire Emblem or heck maybe they'll make a new Castlevania on this

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2016, 01:03:38 AM »
+1
Just leave the name as NX... Seriously.

I hated the name NX and it was clearly just a codename. Switch isn't amazing but at least it's not New Wii U.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags: