Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Rigidity in people (A rant)  (Read 2500 times)

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« on: April 11, 2015, 06:24:39 AM »
+2
Ever run into those people who have practically no sense of humor or it seems like they have no personality. They always expect you to "act mature" and for you to be never make mistakes and be practically perfect? If you have an opinion that doesn't make sense to them they get all high and mighty and treat you like you're an idiot?

I think over the years whats made me happy is to stop appeasing people like this. To accept myself flaws and all as I am. I strive for excellence and not perfection. I believe really proving you're mature is knowing that laughter and fun are a part of life. There is a time to be serious but not 75% of your life. Life is too short to nitpick everything wrong with everyone you come across or spout off on how you think things should be. If you feel like you need to be in control of everything to the point of trying to tailor every little thing to how you like it, you've got a problem. Life is too short to be neurotic.

Keep in mind I'm just speaking in general here. I've seen far too many people with robotic, unfeeling personalities who irritate the hell out of me. I may be an emotional train wreck a lot of times but I would rather feel something than to be a blah person who is obsessed with rules and regulations, correctness, and everything having to make sense.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 06:31:48 AM by Johnny »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 11:06:12 AM »
I've never personally met people like what you've described, However there are times where I'll feel the need to control everything in my life as I get so sick and tired of making mistake after mistake after mistake. I'm very hard on myself because of this. But unlike a neurotic individual I also have fun and happy times. I'm rigid in my not wanting any more mistakes, but not at the cost of everything else in life.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 01:26:53 PM »
I know the kind. A good lot of them, in fact. Agree with this completely.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 08:04:07 AM »
You probably don't mean that exactly, but this reminded me of a conversation that I had with a friend, in which he inquired about buying a certain car, and I couldn't help it and made a comment, (as a joke of course), "You ARE aware this is a car for bimbos, right?" as the car is one which is stereotypically driven by women who try to be trendy and have no taste in my country. The guy got mad and said "if I decide to buy the car, than it's my car, and not "a bimbo car", then attacked me for using a term like "bimbo" (in my language) and promoting "douchebag culture" by using such words. 
When I said, woah, what the hell man, it was just a joke, he said "Well I don't find it funny and using this term is offensive to women. It's not for a person of your education to use this kind of language."

I thought he's being the kind of perfectionist knob that you described here by being angry at me for making a joke, even if the joke was in bad taste. 
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline AxeLord

• Hector's #1 Fan
  • Hunter in Training
  • Where's the damn wall meat, Ellis?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 10:33:07 AM »
You strive for excellence? I never could do that. I always strived for my own happiness. Call me selfish, I know. But that's not to say attaining happiness doesn't involve helping others. I love doing that. I'm just here for the ride.

And, yes, I have met people like that. They really are the worst.
Roses are red,
violets are blue,
but enough talk -
have at you!

Tags:

anything