Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Koji Igarashi Leaves Konami, Founding New Studio, Metroidvania GDC  (Read 145769 times)

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Koji Igarashi Leaves Konami, Founding New Studio, Metroidvania GDC
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 08:49:59 AM »
+3
Konami hasn't missed out on any opportunity. They still have the rights to Julius Belmont and there's no reason a 1999 game can't still be made, and there's no reason that Igarashi couldn't participate in its development anyway as a consultant.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 08:51:51 AM »
+1
You know what I lke about this? The same thing that happens when a favorite band of mine departs with its singer, we get both for separate giving the best fof themselves. Now we'll (hopefully) have the awespme new Castlevania (Which has to be because it has to make up for LoS2) and the awesome totally-not-Castlevania (which can be pretty much a canon Castlevania as almost everything in the series is public domain, only the Belmonts aren't).

Everything comes full circle

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 09:06:15 AM »
Now we'll (hopefully) have the awespme new Castlevania (Which has to be because it has to make up for LoS2

gameplay-wise los2 was good except for the playforming (or lack thereof) but the combat and controls was satisfying and intuitive. and the castlE sections were excellent. if next 3D konami game would focus on expanding the castle while developing the platforming and keeping the combat & tight controls, then we might have a winner

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2014, 09:08:49 AM »
gameplay-wise los2 was good except for the playforming (or lack thereof) but the combat and controls was satisfying and intuitive. and the castlE sections were excellent. if next 3D konami game would focus on expanding the castle while developing the platforming and keeping the combat & tight controls, then we might have a winner
Yep, I'm counting on Climax reusing the LoS engine and artstyle but listening to criticism. They are a good studio. (Please be Climax)

Offline Trevelyan

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2014, 09:11:32 AM »
Yep, I'm counting on Climax reusing the LoS engine and artstyle but listening to criticism. They are a good studio. (Please be Climax)

I wonder if they'd go so far as to reuse portions of the LoS2 Castle.  Didn't that basically happen with the recent Batman game?

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2014, 09:14:10 AM »
Thanks for the memories, both good and bad. Best of luck to your future endeavors Mr. Igarashi :'(

Boyz II Men - It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday

On the other hand, can't wait for the Brave Vampire Hunter.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 09:19:43 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2014, 09:19:14 AM »
+2
Nice! Here's hoping if he goes the Kickstarter route that he gets lots of support. I don't think the Metroidvania fandom has been quite as starved as the Mega Man one was, but hopefully he'll still get all of the money he needs and (if the games are as good as I assume they will be) make lots of sales. Should be nice to see what he can do without the corporate suites lashing his team with shouts of "Faster, Cheaper!"

Offline derision

• It's dangerous to go alone. I'm robbing you.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2014, 09:21:32 AM »
I wouldn't hold my breath on his new game being all that similar to Castlevania or for that matter involving Dracula.

Who knows, though.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2014, 09:24:47 AM »
Well like Ahasverus said, they've got a great engine from Lords of Shadow 2 that they'd be crazy not to use if the next game is 3D. All it needs is the proper story to be used in.

Offline RegalSin

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2014, 09:37:17 AM »
Meh, he probably feels, while it is a good position, he would not achieve the success he would rather have as with Miyamoto.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2014, 09:39:05 AM »
+2
Please no more games with seperate combat zones inhabited by damage sponge monsters. It was fine in LoS1 I guess, but when they combined it with open-ended exploration it got on my nerves. Can't they design it like Demon's or Dark Souls? I'm tired of combos and scripted platforming, too. They should do platforming like Ico and make it a puzzle.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2014, 09:41:02 AM »
+1
Please no more games with seperate combat zones inhabited by damage sponge monsters. It was fine in LoS1 I guess, but when they combined it with open-ended exploration it got on my nerves. Can't they design it like Demon's or Dark Souls? I'm tired of combos and scripted platforming, too. They should do platforming like Ico and make it a puzzle.
I agree with enemy sponges, they need to resist less, react more and be more varied. I could use less ledging too. The rest is fine.

Offline catnipped

• Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2014, 09:42:27 AM »
+3
Found out the news today....registered on the forum to express my sadness at Iga's departure. The CV I knew and loved is gone.  :'(

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2014, 09:43:11 AM »
+3
Found out the news today....registered on the forum to express my sadness at Iga's departure. The CV I knew and loved is gone.  :'(
Eh, it's probably more alive than it was yesterday ;)

Offline kaiwai

• Old Hunter
  • Hunter in Training
  • There is no vampire in Belgium!!
    • WEarePES.com
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2014, 09:49:24 AM »
+4
Thanks for everything Mr Iga ...

... but I'm a Castlevania fan, not an Igrashi fan.  :-*

Tags: