Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Season 3  (Read 72548 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #225 on: March 17, 2020, 10:48:43 PM »
I don't know, the adult content and general atmosphere of this show in particular comes off as attention seeking/angsty to me. I'm really bummed about it.
There's plenty of that in things like Blade or Bloodrayne, but I more-or-less expect it there. I liked Castlevania too much as it was to enjoy the shift in tone. Even if this Alucard is technically a different Alucard, I'm not thrilled.

I've always considered Castlevania a series that has plenty of mature and gory stuff in it, there is even some nudity with certain enemies mainly the Succubi, but I guess it seemed more "tame" to people due to it being a 2.D platformer?

Also the funny elements in the series such as wall chicken etc may have dampened that perception of it being a more mature and gory series as well but its a series that has you ripping apart monsters and blood splattering out, hell some bosses such as Beelzebub and The Forgotten One are especially gory and brutal and considering Adi Shankar has admitted to SOTN being his favorite (and that game just so happens to have Beezlebub as well as Succubus nudity) than it makes sense that it shaped his view on wanting a animated series to be gory and mature.

The Sex stuff did not bother me one bit even as a longtime Alucard fan, sure I felt it a bit "off" that he is apparently bisexual in the show but really it was not big deal to me since this is a show making its own spin on things and so long as it does not jump to far of the deep end I'm fine, also this show is explicitly rated for adults only on Netflix and any longtime subscriber of Netlix and online streaming services in general knows that you must either go into that show prepared for such things as gore and sex otherwise you should simply turn around.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 10:53:51 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #226 on: March 18, 2020, 12:00:10 AM »
If Alucard stopped at any point during SotN to just start boning Richter and Maria, yeah, I'd probably feel differently about these games.
I've misjudged this fanbase. You poor souls have clearly been getting blueballed for decades and I had no idea.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 12:29:43 AM by Lashen »
(click to show/hide)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #227 on: March 18, 2020, 06:54:59 AM »
+5
Oh please, stop being dramatic. If you’re going to let a couple scenes of an animated show (that’s not even canon, mind you) bother you so much that you’re second-guessing your loyalty to a 30+ year old video game series & judging an entire fanbase, then go somewhere else & talk about other things you like to play safe with

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #228 on: March 18, 2020, 07:06:11 AM »
If Alucard stopped at any point during SotN to just start boning Richter and Maria, yeah, I'd probably feel differently about these games.
I've misjudged this fanbase. You poor souls have clearly been getting blueballed for decades and I had no idea.

Your either trolling or you just that much of a prude lol, in any case this series just isn't for you, my tip would be to let the rest of us enjoy it rather than wagging your finger at us.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #229 on: March 18, 2020, 07:59:29 AM »
It would be interesting to see the four plots remixed into standalone episodes.  Maybe things wouldn’t seem so drawn out?  I’m not complaining myself, but it would make for an interesting way to rewatch the season.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 08:01:20 AM by Reinhart77 »

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #230 on: March 18, 2020, 08:10:10 AM »

Yeah, I'd thank you not to lump the entire fanbase together. We've seen many varied opinions regarding the particular scene and the entire animated series. Just because you have particularly strong opinions about it doesn't mean that everybody who even remotely disagrees is a horny teenager or a perverted plebe. As other people pointed out previously, the show isn't even canon. If it's done well or badly is up for everybody to decide for themselves, but to overreact and just hate both the games and the fanbase now for this is melodramatic nonsense.
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #231 on: March 18, 2020, 08:20:53 AM »
+1

gonna post this in r/inceltears lmao

Besides that, he blocked Nagumo on Twitter because she called him out when he lied & said Trevor & Alucard would be different characters,  So screw him  >:(

IDK where he originally said they'd be different characters but he should have truly gone no comment there, if only because it got him bad rep afterwards (although i think he just wanted to protect his twist)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 08:26:01 AM by SecretWeapon »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #232 on: March 18, 2020, 09:33:00 AM »
+1

How is this even related to incels?

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #233 on: March 18, 2020, 10:34:22 AM »
How is this even related to incels?

methinks the blueballed comment, incels (hilariously) love mocking the perceived sexual deprivation of others

idfk though, i'm just in awe of the direction this thread's been going the last couple pages

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #234 on: March 18, 2020, 10:54:21 AM »

Defending Alucard crying while getting fucked and locking himself in his house.
I'm the incel?

Look guys, you could remove these scenes and I'd still find the script mentally stunted. I was not thrilled about this show to begin with. I'm not even sure if I can excuse it as gritty. It's just... brain dead. For the record, I actually bailed on this franchise around Lords of Shadow. Granted, LoS is a godsend by comparison and I actually own those games.

I'm only here because people keep popping their head in to insult me just for the fact that I don't like these scenes.
I understand this can be confusing because the ones quoting me are cherry picking sentences and condensing any broader points about them, and seldom, if at all, addressing anything else I brought up. This is not the only reason I'm done with it.

And I wish I could write this show off as a side thing, but as I stated forever ago, this is Castlevania as far as the greater picture is concerned right now, and I find that sad. All the merchandise at places like GameStop, you name it, is Netflix Castlevania.
This show could have been a lot better. The scraps of quality it produces are far and few between. As far as it being a side thing at all is concerned, they'd have been better off not basing it on Dracula's Curse.

Edit: I'd love to get out of this thread, but I'm not about to be run out by the mob either, so that's where we're at. On a couple of posts I was trying to say my piece as maturely as possible and bail. If this counts for melodrama, I have some bad news about your cartoon.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 11:38:44 AM by Lashen »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #235 on: March 18, 2020, 11:41:59 AM »
I'm only here because people keep popping their head in to insult me just for the fact that I don't like these scenes.
I understand this can be confusing because the ones quoting me are cherry picking sentences and condensing any broader points about them, and seldom, if at all, addressing anything else I brought up. This is not the only reason I'm done with it.

being real here i think this

might be what put people off, if i had to hazard a guess

in the past i'd have be inclined to be among those who took offense at the jab, but i've hit a point where i've largely stopped giving a shit about dissenting opinions and justifying myself to this fanbase and letting people have the views they have the right to have because in my mind it's not worth fighting over anymore

but idk mate, it seems to me that particular barb is what set folks off, but i could be wrong

Edit:
I'd love to get out of this thread, but I'm not about to be run out by the mob either, so that's where we're at.

holy shit, BIG fucking mood circa last season
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 11:44:48 AM by Dracula9 »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #236 on: March 18, 2020, 11:53:00 AM »
Defending Alucard crying while getting fucked and locking himself in his house.
I'm the incel?

Look guys, you could remove these scenes and I'd still find the script mentally stunted. I was not thrilled about this show to begin with. I'm not even sure if I can excuse it as gritty. It's just... brain dead. For the record, I actually bailed on this franchise around Lords of Shadow. Granted, LoS is a godsend by comparison and I actually own those games.

And I wish I could write this show off as a side thing, but as I stated forever ago, this is Castlevania as far as the greater picture is concerned right now, and I find that sad. All the merchandise at places like GameStop, you name it, is Netflix Castlevania.
This show could have been a lot better. The scraps of quality it produces are far and few between. As far as it being a side thing at all is concerned, they'd have been better off not basing it on Dracula's Curse.

Edit: I'd love to get out of this thread, but I'm not about to be run out by the mob either, so that's where we're at. On a couple of posts I was trying to say my piece as maturely as possible and bail. If this counts for melodrama, I have some bad news about your cartoon.

So let me get this straight, your now playing the "victim" saying we are a mob trying to "run you out" despite the fact that you made a comment like this?

Now I'm convinced, your either trolling or legit delusional as to what is going on here, it wasn't your opinion that earned you the responses you got in this past page it was HOW you got them across at the expense of the fanbase with the commented quoted above, can a moderator be so kind as to step in a moderate this?

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: March 18, 2020, 12:03:16 PM »
The blueballed comment is a follow up tongue-in-cheek reply to DarkPrinceAlucard regarding the perceived tameness of 2d platformers. It went along with my remark about Alucard having a threesome with Maria and Richter in the middle of SotN. It's sarcasm, meant to drive home the point that there are obviously better reasons this fanbase exists in the first place, things about Castlevania sorely lacking in the Netflix show, like a beautiful aesthetic, amazing music, etc. Virtually everything that separates it from, well, the generic, nihilistic, gritty atmosphere of any other vampire media. Most things that make Castlevania special are subtle or absent here. The fact that children will stumble across Simon or Richter in Smash Ultimate, but have to dig past the Netflix show as the current face of the franchise, just to reach its roots, is a little depressing.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #238 on: March 18, 2020, 06:43:28 PM »
+1
I haven't seen the 3rd season yet, but from what friends have told me, some of the sex stuff does seem a little too outlandish for my tastes. However, as a moderator, yeah, I think some of the rhetoric you're putting out is overblown, Lashen, and I'd like you to turn it down. From what I've seen (again, gifs and such), the new season does have some nice animation, so there's that, it's not just a case of "blue balls." Also, in reference to kids, remember that Castlevania has always had very mature undertones. Even if kids weren't "exposed" to the sex in CVS3, playing Symphony of the Night would "expose" them to things like a rotting corpse spewing out demons from the gaping, pustulent wounds in its torso (Beelzebub) or a giant mass of bloody, Satanic flesh (the Forgotten One in LoI) or whatever. Let's not get too "think of the children" in here, alright? Again, I can understand not liking S3, but it's certainly not the worst thing in the world either.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #239 on: March 18, 2020, 08:30:59 PM »
+1
Pretty sure the dudes justifying Ellis' shitty storytelling and edgelordery would be totally repulsed by A Serbian Film, lol.

Which is a good movie, by the way. Funny, too.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags: