Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Season 3  (Read 72336 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2020, 10:46:30 PM »
hmm, i wouldn’t mind some comic book spinoff to help develop that diverse vampire cast a little.  or maybe an expanded novelization?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2020, 03:31:28 PM »
I wouldn’t count on it. We’ll probably only get brief character bios on the website & that’s about it

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2020, 04:11:37 PM »
I wouldn’t count on it. We’ll probably only get brief character bios on the website & that’s about it

While I can see that happening, I hope it doesn't. I liked Godbrand and would've liked more characterization for the other Generals, as well.

Also, on a random side note, the names they chose for the Generals were beyond stupid. "Zufall"... Like, really? You're gonna name the German vampire "Coincidence"? Castlevania gave us proper German names like Walter Bernhard and Brauner, and then we get freaking Zufall.
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline aensland

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Music Concert 1st Place 2017-02-Music Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2020, 08:05:59 PM »
+1
having been shoehorned into the series and being an unnecessary addition to CV
wow, just like the animation itself!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2020, 01:27:30 PM »

Offline Aiddon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2020, 02:06:50 PM »

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2020, 07:07:49 PM »
Ok, hear me out on this one... I'm thinking the bearded guy in the back might be Mathias, in flashbacks.  Looks just like Graham McTavish, the dude who voices Dracula, and if you take of the beard and change the hair he seems to have the same facial structure as Dracula.  Also looks like he's holding the crimson stone, with something like chaos behind him.  And his clothing is vaguely remiscent of Mathias's from Lament.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2020, 10:28:00 PM »
yeah the clothes and “crimon stone” thing made me think Mathias, though not the face.

i’m curious if the new lady could be Rosaly. Poor Hector’s gonna need a good touch after dealing with Carmilla.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 10:30:47 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2020, 04:11:46 AM »
Hi guys long time no see.

I was looking at the guy at the top of the poster and thought hey, he looks like Mathias crossed with the Master Librarian. and is holding the Crimson Stone.  But then when I looked closer, I could see his jacket is red, his shirt white, and he has a polka dot neck tie.  Which made me go to thinking this might be a redesigned St Germain.

As for the red haired girl with Hector, seeing as she’s shown in Carmilla’s line up, my thoughts are that she’s Laura.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2020, 07:55:59 AM »
Ok, hear me out on this one... I'm thinking the bearded guy in the back might be Mathias, in flashbacks.  Looks just like Graham McTavish, the dude who voices Dracula, and if you take of the beard and change the hair he seems to have the same facial structure as Dracula.  Also looks like he's holding the crimson stone, with something like chaos behind him.  And his clothing is vaguely remiscent of Mathias's from Lament.

I think you're right on the money.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2020, 01:33:49 PM »

I was looking at the guy at the top of the poster and thought hey, he looks like Mathias crossed with the Master Librarian. and is holding the Crimson Stone.  But then when I looked closer, I could see his jacket is red, his shirt white, and he has a polka dot neck tie.  Which made me go to thinking this might be a redesigned St Germain.

As for the red haired girl with Hector, seeing as she’s shown in Carmilla’s line up, my thoughts are that she’s Laura.

I think the long dark haired one is Laura, this one seems like a version of Rosaly.

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2020, 08:52:29 PM »

Yeah I thought she was Laura at first, and then Rosaly.  Maybe a hybrid of the two?  That guy with the “crimson stone” looking thing does give me some St Germain vibes.

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2020, 04:16:44 PM »
In the novel, Carmilla meets Laura after a carriage accident in front of Laura's Castle. There were also two other women accompanying her in the carriage, Carmilla's mother and a dark skinned woman.

As we can see, the woman to the right of Carmilla has wrinkles under her eyes, which MIGHT mean she was older when she became a vampire (assuming she's a vampire, but she has pointy ears so most likely she is). The other woman is dark skinned. So i think those two characters might be based in Carmilla's crew from the novel.

I'd honestly prefer if the redhead girl was Laura. Give her a Rosaly-esque role if they want but i consider Rosaly/Julia kinda redundant with Lisa/Sypha present

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2020, 06:14:39 AM »
Don't forget Laura has long flowing dark hair in one of her forms.  I think the dark haired girl is Laura.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2020, 04:42:37 PM »
thanks for the tidbits from the Carmilla novel, good to know and that makes for a good theory.

what’s sad is that unless the mystery man is Grant somehow (maybe he stole the jewel with piracy or thievery), Grant isn’t having a large enough role in this season to be put on the poster, if any at all.  it’s fine to omit him from the first two seasons to avoid cluttering the story, but i’d think the time would be right by third season.  i still maintain the theory that grant is the bandit/slaver with bandages on his arm that isaac turned into a creature, but we’ll see.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 04:49:15 PM by Reinhart77 »

Tags:

anything