Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1055878 times)

Offline Vedora-Kingdom

• Hunter in Training
  • Die human!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #690 on: May 16, 2012, 04:14:20 PM »
Thank.  ;D And sorry for edited some of your works. :rollseyes: I think it fine since I don't want any credit for all of my sprites that I posted in any public site. ;D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 12:13:42 PM by Vedora-Kingdom »

(click to show/hide)

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #691 on: May 17, 2012, 01:51:08 AM »
Hey Vendora!

You know me right?  ;D

WOw,really good to see you here,my friend..those villagers are looking good,what do you think of my Isaac sprite(avatar)?  :)

Offline Vedora-Kingdom

• Hunter in Training
  • Die human!
    • Awards
« Reply #692 on: May 17, 2012, 06:07:16 AM »
Villagers is useless for CV Fighter unless someone trying to make a stage of village. Your did a good detail on Isaac. You better than me in some point for a single sprite. How about his movement? I think you would do better than an old one you posted here. ;)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #693 on: May 17, 2012, 05:06:15 PM »
No worries, I don't mind at all.  I just saw it and looked at the forum logo and was like "Man, it's been a while since I've updated my CV64 character sprites".

Your villagers are pretty great. :D
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Vedora-Kingdom

• Hunter in Training
  • Die human!
    • Awards
« Reply #694 on: May 19, 2012, 01:56:36 AM »
Thank. ;D

(click to show/hide)

Offline Vedora-Kingdom

• Hunter in Training
  • Die human!
    • Awards
« Reply #695 on: May 29, 2012, 06:29:13 PM »
Walter Bernhard

One of my project that I don't have more time to finish it. :'(

(click to show/hide)

Offline vyck_st.judas

• Hunter in Training
  • Chillin' at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #696 on: June 27, 2012, 12:36:37 PM »
Man, I really hope i this is the right place.
I have all of Alucard's animations.
http://spriters-resource.com/psx_ps2/cvsotn/sheet/3228

I have this weapons sheet from the spriter's resource CV:SoTN page.
http://spriters-resource.com/psx_ps2/cvsotn/sheet/15230

I cannot for the life of me figure out how Alucard uses the Nunchuku/tonfa. The weapon animations are bunched together in such a way that i simply cannot tell where they begin or end. I also have no idea which of Alucard's attack frames are used to swing them. If anybody out there has an animated gif or a small sprite sheet of this one animation I'd be overjoyed if you could share it. I'd even take a messy jpeg at this point. I'm using this animation as a weapon base for a new character entirely. The sooner someone is awesome enough to share, the sooner I can finish. Thanks for the time guys! :)

And as a show of good faith,  A "Richter Belmont" sheet is attached. I know, There are probably a million Richter edit's here, but trust me it's worth the trouble of a peek. It's Serio's Rip and Palette originally. I added new animations (3-hit combo, Running attack, directional up/down attack, Back attack like Eric Lecarde, other stuff...) and a LOT of very subtle, very tedious repairs to the original Konami sprites. I wanted to add some new things, but still have him look and feel like Richter.

Help me with the sheet i need, and I'll send you a playable demo.

EDIT: The second attachment pertains to my second post in this thread.
This is Kreiger. He's an Albus/Richter fusion with an edged weapon based moveset. I think I made this shortly after OOE came out. He may look very simple, But he's got so many tiny animation tweaks and fixes I shudder to think about it still. This includes Numerous instances of Richter's improper footing, Adjusting the walk animation to look more like a 32 bit Vania. Subtle differences in jumping animation, giving him rolled up sleeves, and fixing every instance of that Mother-F'N piss poor Rubber knife sheathe that Richter seemed to be equipped with, but never once used.

Finally, If you want to use these for your own project don't worry about tracking me down to ask. Anything I put up now and in the future is public domain the moment it posts. Just don't be a... I really don't have an un-convoluted word for people like this that isn't complete profanity... Ok then, Dont be a Sanguisūga. I'm like the library in this regard. Use what you want, but don't say you wrote the book, Me oye?

« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 12:12:54 AM by vyck_st.judas »

Offline vyck_st.judas

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #697 on: June 27, 2012, 11:46:28 PM »
In my zeal I, like a dumbass forgot to read the rules, and posted here before making my initial 3 posts. I went back and did that just now. But figure maybe I should share some stuff to contribute? Sharing is caring right?

I ripped Ganryu for the neo geo game because he kinda fits the style, Can be used as a base to create new moves for other characters, and I just hadn't seen him anywhere before.

Simon is just a basic edit with a couple of new things thrown in.

The hero guy is basically all the animations he uses in the SNES game Nosferatu. I was in the process of making his colors more vibrant. Also, Every rip i found was terribly incomplete. this is Belial's old rip, i added ALL the missing animations from screen captures. (including his second running animation. The first is more of a jog. The other one has much more urgency.)

The last is a set of playable characters for another project in the Classic NES art style. It uses the correct color palette, But I'm not sticking to the 3 color rule for this endeavor. The blue and red martial artists might have a familiar movesets too. if you look closely and are older than 25 you may recognize them.

I have more but i'm only allowed 4 attachments. Maybe I should edit the first post?

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #698 on: June 28, 2012, 12:28:31 AM »
............. if you are the same guy who posted on my blog, I am a bit confused as to WHY exactly you made this post, when I actually told you EXACTLY how to get the animation easily.  :-\

The animations used are the STABBING one, followed by the SWORD swinging one. Simple.

Since you appear to have some spriting skills if that is not enough to fix your issue (especially with the advice I already gave you) maybe we can arrange a trade of some kind where I make you the animation, and you make me something. U2U me if you want to do this.
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline vyck_st.judas

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #699 on: June 28, 2012, 01:24:16 AM »
LOL! Yeah I am the same guy! I gave you the Kreiger set a ways back. I've been pretty sick for a long while now, hospitals, all that jazz, but I finally beat it!!!  ;D Now I can get back to work. (I wish there was a F#@K. YEAH!!! smiley.)
Anyway, I'd been checking the post. I don't know why, but I kept looking above the post instead of under, so I must have kept missing it. I face palmed pretty hard when I saw your post here. Checked over there and felt Like a tool. Only made it worse that I forgot I was wearing my heavy ring... ug. I just assumed you might have been too busy. That project of yours is quite an undertaking.
About the advice... it helps a lot, but my problem is more the weapon animation itself. The sheet I got from the spriter's resource is good quality and it has all of the animations, They're just bunched together (the standards with the diagonals) so I cant make heads or tails of how its supposed to animate.

If you need something I'd be happy to help. Honestly, I'd have done it without the trade. I've been OD HYPE to see this since I first heard of it. ;D I don't know what U2U is though. I know it may sound stupid, but I'm being for real. I've been out of commission for a much longer while than I would have liked. Is this a term for something, or some newfangled skype thing? Once again, I'm really sorry for not knowing this. Kind of embarrassed to ask actually...  :-[

Edit: I hope this comes out right. I didn't want your personal resources, or any advanced privilege. I'll still be crazy hype to play when it comes out. For a while I didn't think I'd get too. I've had people steal my shit before. It's even worse when you gotta eat it because you cant prove them wrong. I wouldn't want to put someone else in that position. Least of all a fellow Boricua.
I'm just trying to put together an Sotn style martial artist for my own project. I like the idea of beating Dracula in the neck with a Tonfa. It's just more satisfying to me when the dude you're playing as, doesn't look like a chick. Freaking Japs are weird.   

« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 01:48:13 AM by vyck_st.judas »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #700 on: June 28, 2012, 08:56:52 AM »
LOL! Yeah I am the same guy! I gave you the Kreiger set a ways back. I've been pretty sick for a long while now, hospitals, all that jazz, but I finally beat it!!!  ;D Now I can get back to work. (I wish there was a F#@K. YEAH!!! smiley.)
Anyway, I'd been checking the post. I don't know why, but I kept looking above the post instead of under, so I must have kept missing it. I face palmed pretty hard when I saw your post here. Checked over there and felt Like a tool. Only made it worse that I forgot I was wearing my heavy ring... ug. I just assumed you might have been too busy. That project of yours is quite an undertaking.
About the advice... it helps a lot, but my problem is more the weapon animation itself. The sheet I got from the spriter's resource is good quality and it has all of the animations, They're just bunched together (the standards with the diagonals) so I cant make heads or tails of how its supposed to animate.

If you need something I'd be happy to help. Honestly, I'd have done it without the trade. I've been OD HYPE to see this since I first heard of it. ;D I don't know what U2U is though. I know it may sound stupid, but I'm being for real. I've been out of commission for a much longer while than I would have liked. Is this a term for something, or some newfangled skype thing? Once again, I'm really sorry for not knowing this. Kind of embarrassed to ask actually...  :-[

Edit: I hope this comes out right. I didn't want your personal resources, or any advanced privilege. I'll still be crazy hype to play when it comes out. For a while I didn't think I'd get too. I've had people steal my shit before. It's even worse when you gotta eat it because you cant prove them wrong. I wouldn't want to put someone else in that position. Least of all a fellow Boricua.
I'm just trying to put together an Sotn style martial artist for my own project. I like the idea of beating Dracula in the neck with a Tonfa. It's just more satisfying to me when the dude you're playing as, doesn't look like a chick. Freaking Japs are weird.   
Nice to hear from you again Vyck!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #701 on: June 28, 2012, 10:53:49 AM »

Now I remember.... you showed it to me some time ago. Glad to hear you are doing better now.  8)

Wait... I thought you needed alucard's animations not the weapons? The sheet on spriters-resource for weapons honestly sucks! The reason is you really have to go thru hell to arrange it. I have resources and tools that will let me easily get it though.

Glad to hear that you are looking forward to the engine. And U2U is the message program on here. Scroll up to the top of the screen and look above the posts and you will see "my messages"; that is a U2U. Click it and you can send me one. That what I was referring to. Feel free to send me one when you see this and we can discuss things further there please.
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline vyck_st.judas

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #702 on: June 28, 2012, 01:17:34 PM »
@ Darkmanx_429: What up MJ! You sent me an obscure E-mail recently. You should check if your facebook's been hacked.
Other than that it's good to be back a full capacity.

@ Esco: Oooooooh! It's a reference. I've never come across it as U2U. Always PMs or private messages. I guess that's what happens when you only use one forum. I probable should have branched out ages ago. Ok, will do.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #703 on: June 29, 2012, 08:04:20 AM »
@ Darkmanx_429: What up MJ! You sent me an obscure E-mail recently. You should check if your facebook's been hacked.
Other than that it's good to be back a full capacity.

Yeah, I fixed it, stupid spammers....lol I sent you a PM!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #704 on: June 29, 2012, 10:00:43 AM »
Damn Vyck! i'm totally digging your Kreiger and Simon. Very nice! Also it appear you've made some extra animations for Richters. tottally give you props on the whip twirl thingy. That would kick ass for an item crash move in sotn imo. Of course it should suck up alot of hearts i'd think.

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

anything