Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Doubt about Castlevania Adventure  (Read 2431 times)

Offline OldSchoolArikado

• Castlemaniac
  • Hunter in Training
  • Se habla español
    • Castlevania Latino
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: June 07, 2020, 09:40:47 PM »
Hi guys, I have a question about Castlevania Adventure and Belmont's Revenge, in my country a few months ago I got to see some cartridges of these games but in black color, which caught my attention since I had never seen such an edition, when I asked the price they told me they were around 150 dollars each, my question is are they original or are they fakes?

Unfortunately I do not have a screenshot of the cartridges, but beware, they were not the Konami GB Collection.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 09:57:35 PM »
As far as I can research it the gameboy black carts started appearing after the introduction of the Gameboy colour. I have Zelda: Link's Awakening DX and it comes in a black cartridge. However that doesn't automatically mean authenticity. What you should do is check out other black cartridge gameboy games and look closely at the cart itself. Fake carts usually are made with a cheap kind of plastic whereas the originals have a higher quality plastic make. It's more evident with the grey carts that are fake over the high quality ones.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Succubus

• Head Priestess of the Monkey Cult
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: Doubt about Castlevania Adventure
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 06:30:38 AM »
The games on the Konami GB Collections weren't released individually (in color, that is, which is why they'd be in black shells), so I don't see any way those could've been legit.

Tags:

anything