Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "Castletoria" - In Development!  (Read 138438 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "Castle of Nightmares" - DEMO INCLUDED!
« Reply #165 on: November 11, 2013, 09:53:56 AM »
Ooooh, nother update!

I also will try to make some cool ways to progress. I do not want to just go and defeat the boss. For example if you want to go meet the boss you have to open the guardian gate. You can make this after shattering 2 dark crystals that are in 2 rooms in the area. This is just an example I do not know the task in mind :)

This sounds like the forest stage in Castlevania64 where you need to unlock a series of gates in order to get to the boss. By the way have you solved any more of the bugs since you last posted?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #166 on: November 11, 2013, 12:23:08 PM »
Ooooh, nother update!

This sounds like the forest stage in Castlevania64 where you need to unlock a series of gates in order to get to the boss. By the way have you solved any more of the bugs since you last posted?

I solved the nasty walking on one place which was the most frustrating thing! I made death animation and the bar will be empty when the character die. Apart from that everything else seems fine :)

I have some cool ideas for weapons with effects and accessories with effects not only with stats :)
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: November 23, 2013, 12:22:46 AM »
I have encountered a problem with my sound system. There is no way to pause a sound. For example then a zombie dies is makes a sound and in that time if I press "A" to go in the menu the sound will not continiue after my return. I tried some extentions that handle sounds but they add even more complications and bugs to the game for example I cannot restart my game because the memory will overload eventually after some restarts.

For now I think that I will leave it like that because the sounds are short anyway and it will not affect the game that much.

EDIT: I made a test on my DS lite with Castlevania Aria of Sorrow and I used couple of spells. I noticed the same thing I cast the spell, it made its sound and I press start right at the sound. The sound continiued in the pause menu and after I resumed the game the animation continiued without the sound. So i guess it is not big a deal.

Any of you annoyed by that?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 02:57:44 AM by Zuljaras »
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: November 23, 2013, 09:41:59 AM »
Not really. AoS isn't the only game I've played that has that particular bug. Some games I've played on the NES and SNES also have such issues so it's something that I've encountered quite frequently. Heck I'm even guilty of initiating that very bug just for the hell of it so it's no biggie  ;)
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #169 on: November 26, 2013, 08:27:15 AM »
So...after I downloaded the demo it sat on my desktop for a day or two (just haven't had time to check it out)...and suddenly my Norton antivirus freaked out about it.  Allegedly it was "High threat!  High risk!  Multiple viruses detected!"  I find that hard to believe, otherwise I suspect this thread would be deleted or warnings issued.  Now, I haven't read through all 12 pages here, so maybe I missed something...but maybe someone could tell me (if anyone has any idea) why my Norton went bonkers all of a sudden?  :-\

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: November 26, 2013, 08:45:37 AM »
So...after I downloaded the demo it sat on my desktop for a day or two (just haven't had time to check it out)...and suddenly my Norton antivirus freaked out about it.  Allegedly it was "High threat!  High risk!  Multiple viruses detected!"  I find that hard to believe, otherwise I suspect this thread would be deleted or warnings issued.  Now, I haven't read through all 12 pages here, so maybe I missed something...but maybe someone could tell me (if anyone has any idea) why my Norton went bonkers all of a sudden?  :-\

This happens because I have protected the exe with encryption and that is why many anti-virus programs are thinking that it is a virus. But it is not believe me. I just encrypted the exe against decompilers.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #171 on: November 26, 2013, 10:51:48 AM »

If i were you I'd get rid of the Norton antivirus software. It's more trouble then it's worth. What I am using is Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free to download. What it does is provide a direct link to Mircrosoft and if there's a virus, Trojan, etc. is detected on your machine, they will analyse/scan it, let you know what the problems are and then clean them off your computer. It also saves up on hard drive space too. I've had Zuljaras's demo on computer and it does not show up as a virus or anything out of the ordinary. This tells me that it's Norton doing it's own thing without the user's concent.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #172 on: November 26, 2013, 07:47:06 PM »
Thanks!  If I had any worries, it was just that something had maybe corrupted the uploaded file and I was just the first to discover it.

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: December 05, 2013, 03:55:39 AM »
(click to show/hide)

This is the current layout of the Castle. The question mark is where you will enter the new area. The last 2 weeks I have been drawing many new tiles and a new background for the Castle's Park. I am also preparing for the implementation of the teleport rooms. It will be kind of tricky but I think I can pull that off.

I also replaced all objects that are invisible and that innitiate the movement between the rooms. I had to adress the new parameters and all that annoying stuff.

Also I am thinking of implementing attribute system but I do not know how exactly. Something like ice,water,dark,air etc. etc.

I had some problems with angle movement for some new objects but I managed to get that to work :)

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: December 30, 2013, 03:27:59 AM »
I am sorry that I do not update regularly but here are some news about my game :)

1. I have added a new enemy to the game and it is called Killer Plant. It is fitting enemy for "The Park" of the castle. That enemy is stationary and when the player is close it will spit a poison orb. That orb will ascend and after one second it will direct itself toward the player. At contact with the player the ord will deal damage and explode into toxic dust. The reason about that is that if the orb misses the player and hits the ground there is still a chance that the poison dust will get to him.

2. I drew 2 new backgrounds for The Park. One is at the bottom (ground) level where you see the trees,bushes and the castle wall and the other one is the same thing but the view is from above because the Park will have some climbing.

3. I will implement a strenght - weakness system for the enemies. My method will be if a monster is weak against certain attacks it will suffer x1.5 damage, if it is neutral it will suffer the normal amount of damage and if it is strong against the type of damage it will suffer x2 less damage.

4. I have implemented a fully functional teleportation system! When you enter the roon and you see the portal you go to it and you will see that you are required to press UP (up arrow). Then you will get a couple of buttons depending of how much teleports from the other areas you have discovered. At the start you will get 2 area buttons - the Castle Entrance and The Park. Of course you get one more button called Back which will cancel the teleport. The navigation is really simple and is made only with the mouse :)

5. Right now I will start working on paper because it is getting really hard and confusing regarding the castle layout, the bosses, the enemies and the most important thing - the progression.

So this is it for now :)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: December 30, 2013, 05:54:23 PM »
You've been busy again. Let us know when you've got an update for us to try out  :)

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: January 04, 2014, 01:15:53 AM »
Yep and right now I am working on drawing some tiles to make the Park a really nice area.

I have the attribute attacks ready.

They are: Weapon(which is the normal attack without any enhancements), Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Dark, Light, Poison and Electric.

Unfortunately with my skill in coding I will implement those in my game by adding them separately for each enemy because I will have 3 types of font for ever damage type - weak, normal and strong. Every weapon will have its element. For example the dagger,sword,great sword are all weapon type attacks, but the Twilight's Fang will have dark attribute and it will deal x1.5 damage to enemies that are weak against dark :)

I need to finish this and create some more enemies because right now my game lacks new enemies!

I want to create a Skeleton Knight which is the usual armored skeleton but when you bust his armor he will continiue to fight against you as a normal skeleton. So that is nice double the fight but also double the XP and souls.

I will still post for any changes or news.

The most important thing is that there will be no bugs in the game :)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: January 04, 2014, 12:51:41 PM »
I want to create a Skeleton Knight which is the usual armored skeleton but when you bust his armor he will continiue to fight against you as a normal skeleton. So that is nice double the fight but also double the XP and souls.

Nice idea. You should also have it so when you use fire on a zombie, the flesh gets burned off but then you have to fight the skeleton underneath. Little gimmicks like this will help your game immensely in the long-run.

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: January 17, 2014, 03:25:51 AM »
So there are 2 screenshots of the first look at "The Park".

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Here you can see the new background layer which is the ground level of the Park. I placed 2 new animated objects - the small fountain and the garden torch.

Now I will get working on the next rooms and what items, treasures and stuff they will have.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #179 on: January 17, 2014, 05:48:24 AM »
Looks promising! :)

anything