Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821080 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #705 on: May 22, 2012, 03:43:53 PM »
Two other thoughts about this situation:

1. Handheld and Console games to reveal at once? Hm... I'm getting a sense of deja vu from the IGA days.
2. This being the case, MS must have a shit-ton of work cut out for them, or maybe have two different teams, one for each game?

According to Enric Alverez, they recently expanded their studio, during development of Lords of Shadow it was a team of 40, now it's 105.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #706 on: May 22, 2012, 03:44:18 PM »
Two other thoughts about this situation:

1. Handheld and Console games to reveal at once? Hm... I'm getting a sense of deja vu from the IGA days.
2. This being the case, MS must have a shit-ton of work cut out for them, or maybe have two different teams, one for each game?

None of these recent reports have even said it's being made by MS, other than Enric Alvarez being involved. And I believe Paul Gate himself said it's a surprise, and he was the first source about Castlevania 3DS.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #707 on: May 22, 2012, 03:45:57 PM »
lords 2 won't be released till November 2013

heard it here first!

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #708 on: May 22, 2012, 03:47:43 PM »
Someone link me to the site where all the rumors keep adding up please...
(site/thread....w/ez)

thankz

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #709 on: May 22, 2012, 03:49:01 PM »
None of these recent reports have even said it's being made by MS, other than Enric Alvarez being involved. And I believe Paul Gate himself said it's a surprise, and he was the first source about Castlevania 3DS.
If it's a surprise, it HAS to be IGA with a few other Konami veterans.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #710 on: May 22, 2012, 03:49:12 PM »
lords 2 won't be released till November 2013

heard it here first!

Of course it wont, Konami would be braindead to put out Lords of Shadow 2 up against games such as

Assasinse Creed 3
Boarderlands 2
Resident Evil 6
Call of Duty: BLOPS2
Halo 4
Whatever first party that comes out for the Wii U

and many others. However I do see Mirror of Fate coming out this year.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #711 on: May 22, 2012, 03:51:08 PM »

Alvarez being involved was what made me assume it's MS again. But I guess we'll see what's up soon enough.

Also had a thought... It'd be hilarious and amazing if you had the option to use the camera to put a texture of your face on the rumored Belmont/Alucard characters.

Or a Mii. AND YOU... HITLER BELMONDO

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #712 on: May 22, 2012, 03:57:25 PM »
If it's a surprise, it HAS to be IGA with a few other Konami veterans.
If THAT turns out to be true, hell yeah, it's totally forgiven that we got a shitty 25th anniversary. Seeing Cox, IGA, with other veterans on board a CV project.... awesomeness! It would be Dream Team Castlevania(kinda like what happened with Chrono Trigger).

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #713 on: May 22, 2012, 04:01:50 PM »
Also had a thought... It'd be hilarious and amazing if you had the option to use the camera to put a texture of your face on the rumored Belmont/Alucard characters.

Or a Mii. AND YOU... HITLER BELMONDO
LOL, kinda makes me want a Stalincard. XD
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #714 on: May 22, 2012, 04:18:17 PM »
Iga and Cox. The two guys who fucked up the Castlevania story line. And you people are excited about them working together?

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #715 on: May 22, 2012, 04:20:24 PM »
+2
Iga and Cox. The two guys who fucked up the Castlevania story line. And you people are excited about them working together?

How can you fuck up what was nonsensical standalone games in the first place? Previous to them they were just games with no connections.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #716 on: May 22, 2012, 04:22:01 PM »
+4

Are you ever happy about anything? I'm looking forward to the day I see you write something positive :D I mean, you still hang around these forums, so it can't be all that bad?

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #717 on: May 22, 2012, 04:24:52 PM »
I'm guessing that Cox and Alvarez are heading the project but having a different team on Mirror of Fate while the LoS team are working on the LoS sequel
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #718 on: May 22, 2012, 04:27:23 PM »
+2
I'm guessing that Cox and Alvarez are heading the project but having a different team on Mirror of Fate while the LoS team are working on the LoS sequel

Still, the comment on Cox twitter read "Wrong end of the stick" when asked about Mirror of Fate. One could argue that the "stick" is the Castlevania franchise as a whole, with Cox at one end and IGA on the other. But that's just my interpretation and I'm notorious for being wrong  ;)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #719 on: May 22, 2012, 04:28:31 PM »
+4

You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: .....?