Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821169 times)

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #825 on: May 23, 2012, 09:34:45 AM »
I know Cox is a big fan of SCV 4, so I just hope there's going to be lots of whip swinging
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #826 on: May 23, 2012, 09:50:41 AM »
+4
I know Cox is a big fan of SCV 4, so I just hope there's going to be lots of whip swinging

Yeeeeah, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that, given how he claimed to be such a big fan of SCV4 and that Lords was going to be so much like it, then it ended up more-or-less flopping in that department. (having dark and moody areas, does not a Super Castlevania 4 tribute make)

Cox says he's a big fan, but any one of us could say that about ourselves. Lords of Shadow didn't really come off like it was a labor of love for Cox and a tribute to his fondness of the game, at least to me. Symphony of the Night did, and it was because there were plenty of both throwbacks that honored the past games, whilst also having a bunch of new and original stuff to set itself apart. (Not praising IGA himself on this one, just the fact that SotN meshed well and you KNEW it was a Castlevania game) That's the issues several of us have - Lords just didn't feel Castlevania to us.

Maybe he'll get it right with Mirror and LoS2. I don't know. He hasn't instilled a lot of faith in me in terms of what he's doing for the franchise, but I'll give him another shot if it looks like he's learned and listened to fans to even just a small degree.

And if the MUSIC has changed gears to be more what we all expect a Castlevania soundtrack should sound like.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #827 on: May 23, 2012, 10:02:14 AM »
And if the MUSIC has changed gears to be more what we all expect a Castlevania soundtrack should sound like.
I'm expecting more of the same.

I'm trying to keep my expectations in check right now and expect nothing more than Lords of Shadow in 2D.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #828 on: May 23, 2012, 10:12:33 AM »
The "dark fairytale" feel of LoS made sense since it was a whole game devoted to recounting the tale of how the legendary antagonist became what he is.
Now that Dracula's been established in the new universe and the castle is now his, I'd bet the next games will actually feel more like other Castlevanias.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline TreasuryRoom1984

• Awards
« Reply #829 on: May 23, 2012, 10:34:49 AM »
May 23, 2012, 10:34:49 AM - Hidden.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #830 on: May 23, 2012, 10:44:11 AM »
+5
The developers themselves disagree with you.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #831 on: May 23, 2012, 10:47:04 AM »
+6
Yeeeeah, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that, given how he claimed to be such a big fan of SCV4 and that Lords was going to be so much like it, then it ended up more-or-less flopping in that department. (having dark and moody areas, does not a Super Castlevania 4 tribute make)

Oh no it was totally SCVIV, right?! Remember that trailer where they like got that SCVIV music, and they didn't bother to even arrange it, just kinda copy pasting the original SNES rendition to some footage. You know cause it doesn't matter for anything than generating interest based on a lie. Why bother arranging it? It's never going to really be in the game. It just looks good to customers of the old franchise. While we're at it, lets infer that you fight Dracula, showing footage of Dracula while saying Gabriel will fight a certain dark lord. We can also show footage of a nice castle too, with very series centric design, and play voice clips during this to allude to these being Dracula's lines and that you will fight Dracula in a castle. This of course never happens in the game, that castle doesn't even actually appear in the game. Not to mention those aren't Dracula's lines at all, and you never do get to fight Dracula. We don't really need to keep these promises you see, because Castlevania is dead now, and no one cares if we trick fans of a dead series into buying our new game. If it works we get the big bucks and more Konami projects, yay us!

"FORGET EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT CASTLEVANIA"

:(

Just try and deny it. I dare anyone.

Offline TreasuryRoom1984

• Awards
« Reply #832 on: May 23, 2012, 11:02:12 AM »
+1
Because there was levels set in the day time, who gives a rat's ass. The whole Agharta thing i never got either, i mean it's not far off when you think that in bloodlines you fight in nazi munitions factory. Glad it finally moved to something different gameplay wise, i love 2D but there's more than enough of those vania's for a lifetime.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #833 on: May 23, 2012, 11:33:45 AM »
I know I said no more rumors, but this one lends more credibility to the Nintendo Power rumors. From 4chan:

I guess I'm gonna clarify some shit, Damage control starting:
it's on the 3Ds because it's the portable with the most fanbase AND every other CV game was on the DS lately.
2d gameplay and neither the camera nor the 3D are used at all gameplay-wise.
Is it metroid or classic-vania? really a bit of a misture, The castle and its surrounded are very delimited areas, but a lot of them have maze-like layout (others will be mostly going forward jumping and facing enemies that you can't just avoid)
And yes, Nintendo power subscribers will receive an special Simon Belmont (LoS version) cover while the average joe will be able to buy a Trevor one.

And no WiiU LoS2 (don't know anything about the Vita rumours)

Simon is barbarian in appearance with a beard, Trevor has a coat over his armor that looks similar to Gabriel's.

Offline djrunza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Founder of CV: Souls of Sorrow
    • Awards
« Reply #834 on: May 23, 2012, 11:36:57 AM »
I wonder who will be the protagonist and the antagonist of this game and when does it takes place though. Really can't wait for them to show up this Castlevania: Mirror Of Fate trailer off. Most importantly, I really wish that Lord Dracula would be able to make his appearance in this upcoming game as well! I don't know why, but I could feel that this game is going to be one of the most greatest Castlevania games ever! :D

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #835 on: May 23, 2012, 11:38:37 AM »
Could you give a link, OSM?

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #836 on: May 23, 2012, 11:39:09 AM »
+1
I know I said no more rumors, but this one lends more credibility to the Nintendo Power rumors. From 4chan:

Castle is the center point?
Order of Ecclesia like map layout?
Trevor has a badass longcoat?
Simon Belmont with a manly beard!?

Shit I need to go to the doctor, my hope wont stay down.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #838 on: May 23, 2012, 11:41:36 AM »
We know that the part of the camera not being used is false.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #839 on: May 23, 2012, 11:54:13 AM »
Yeah I think a manly beard is a nice touch.

Tags: .....? 

anything