Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Bloodrayne Betrayal  (Read 44153 times)

Offline Dracul

• Demon Lord
  • Hunter in Training
    • Demon Castle Dracula (CastleVania)
    • Awards
Re: What are your thoughts about bloodrayne betrayel on the psn?
« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2011, 11:40:34 AM »
Th-that's thread NECROMANCY.

So having sex with dead threads is allowed then? LMAO j/k

*thx for the merge forgot it was just a bit back*

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #121 on: February 06, 2012, 06:28:41 PM »
Just bought this and played it. I love this so damn much. Brings a smile to my face. It's actually much easier than I expected, by looking at the trailer, I expected a much more difficult time, but half the time, the stages themselves kill me rather than the fights.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #122 on: February 09, 2012, 12:21:14 PM »
Just wanted to chime in and say that I'm currently ranked 5th overall on the leaderboards.

I "might" be able to get to even 3rd or 4th, but there is no way in hell I can get higher than that. Some of the top scores for some levels seem literally impossible, like I think they cheated kind of impossible. I say this because for some stages, I know that even if I did every fight perfect, and got full bonus for both time and health, I'd still be around 20,000 point less than the top score.

Maybe I'm just missing something, but at this point, I doubt it. Not sure if it's a hack, or some kind of point exploit that someone has discovered.

Either way, I'll still try to improve on some of my scores, but as it is, I doubt that I'll be able to get much higher.

Even so, 5th is pretty fekin' good! I'm happy with it, and even if I eventually get knocked back down again, I know for certain that all my scores are legit. 8)
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline keeperxiii

• Jamming
    • Monster Island Forum
    • Awards
Re: Bloodrayne Betrayal
« Reply #123 on: February 10, 2012, 04:16:22 AM »
I know what you mean. The animations do not cancel at all, which makes it difficult because action games tend to allow that.

Eesssh. I hate that crap in 2D action games, but the game looks great. Too bad it isn't available for PC.

You can visit my DeviantArt page or my Monster Island forum (click the signature) if you like creature features.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2012, 02:11:44 AM »
Well, finally made it to 4th, with an overall score of 1,619,433. XBL name is apostleXIII if you wanna check it out.

Possible I could make it to 3rd, as the player above me is only about 3,500 points ahead of me.  I doubt 2nd though, and 1st is literally impossible (guy must've cheated as I see no way to get that high of a score, but I could be wrong). I mean, the first place contender has 58,384 points than me, and for most stages I'm pretty close to the maximum score as it is. Wish I could see a replay of how it was done.

Game makes me feel like a sadist while playing, as I'm now punishing myself attempting to get every little thing on each stage absolutely perfect.

Cheapness makes it somewhat a matter of luck, but for some reason I keep coming back.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #125 on: February 14, 2012, 11:03:38 PM »
BTW finally played it...
Music is amazing, but as a 2-d beat em up it's alright... Dishwasher is easily superior.
as for what castlevania should be, this is far from it.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2012, 11:09:23 PM »
I agree. I thought this game looked amazing, but when I sat down and played it, I just couldn't get into it. I only played the first 3 or 4 stages and just couldn't be bothered with the rest.

I dunno, I'll probably try it again one of these days, because I hate the thought of spending 15 bucks on a game that won't get played.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2012, 01:05:26 PM »
Well, unlike you guys, I've played the heck out'a this game. As difficult and frustrating it can be, I just can't seem to stop trying for a better score.

And speaking of score, with a grand total of 1,640,388 points, I am now in....  :o3rd PLACE!:o

To which I can only say hell-fek'in-YES!!!  Took some serious harcore gaming skills, but I made it to third. And what's best, I got there by boosting my scores on some of the most difficult stages in the game.

Only problem is that I'm only just slightly ahead of the guy I overtook. I plan on going back and trying to improve my scores on a few previous stages, but only to make a larger wedge between myself and the guy I stole third from  ;D.  The guy in 2nd is beating me by 37,429. No way I'm gonna be able to add that many to my overall score, so 3rd it is. Honestly, after playing the heck out of this game, I still cannot understand how the guys in 1st and 2nd got that high of a score. In many of the stages there is just not that many point available, for them to have the score they have. Especially the guy in 1st.

I guess what I'm lamely trying to say is, that unless I can see a vid or read a faq displaying how they got scores that high, I believe they either somehow cheated, or found some kind of point exploit on certain stages, that the devs never intended. And if so, that means that as far a pure overall skill at the game goes, I'm actually 1st 8)

I know it sound like I'm choking on sour grapes, but believe me, some of the 1st and 2nd place scores they've gotten are just damn impossible to get, unless there is literally some hidden trove to bonus treasures in those stages which only they have found.  Possible, but not bloody likely.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 01:07:15 PM by Vampire Killer »

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2012, 01:29:17 PM »
Just updating my progress:

Well, I smashed through chapter 11 again, this time scoring 114,980, almost 14,000 points higher that my previous score. Still though, even with the added points, I'm still 24,349 points behind the guy in second. My score on stage 12 is only about 101,000. I'm pretty sure I can probably add at least 6 or 7 thousand to that. Even so, I'm gonna have to find some other stages I can do just slightly better on, to pad my score.

Getting 2nd might be possible. Might.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2012, 03:15:21 PM »
Okay, another update :o

I feel so stupid for not figuring this out beforehand. When I complained earlier about some of the scores that the top 3 players had gotten on some stages, I figured that they were either cheating or using some sort of exploit. Well, I was half right.

On certain stages, there is an enemy which is baiscally a pulsating meat sack thing which continuously spits out these annoying flies. Killing the flies normally doesn't grant any points, BUT, if you grab a fly in your hands as it's attacking you, then explode it, you get 100 points. That's it, only 100. But the sack will continuously spit out flies indefinitely, so if you're patient enough, you can get a really high score doing this.

I'm gonna try it, and do it at least enough times to get 1st in stage 2 (the first stage this is possible on). Figured it's gonna take close to 1000X, so it will probably take my about an hour.

Sad that I care that much about a damn score.  All three players above me have inflated scores on stages which allow for this exploit, which confirms my theory though, that according to how the devs meant the game to be played, I might actually be in 1st. :)

Not sure how the devs missed this one. I suppose they just never figured anyone would be lame enough to do it. Not me though, I am that lame, dammit! (but only because someone else did it first)

Tags: