Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Rare Castlevania Item For Sale  (Read 5544 times)

dukeferris

Rare Castlevania Item For Sale
« on: February 13, 2012, 06:26:32 PM »
Hi guys, you look like the best Castlevania forum around.

I'm selling off most of my collection (cleaning out my basement), and wanted to give any CV collectors the heads up that I found a rare Castlevania Lament of Innocence Limited Edition Music Sampler and have put it up on eBay. If I find any other CV items I'll post them here too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200713796207

http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Lament_of_Innocence_Music_Sampler

Cheers!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 06:28:16 PM »
NAGUMO might be interested in this. You should post this in the "For Sale/For Trade" thread in the Fan Stuff section!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 08:20:55 PM »
Yes, please post it there.
**moves thread to Fan Stuff**
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 09:24:37 PM »
+1
Not a bad price really. There weren't to many of those and that disc is about 9 years old now.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 11:41:27 PM »
Already got it, so I'm not interested. It came with LoI Limited Edition.  :-X

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 07:10:31 PM »
I've got this disc too.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 11:01:46 AM »
I've got this disc too.
Me too. Didn't figure it was soooo rare...

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 11:25:27 AM »
It's not really that rare.

People put stuff like "SEGA GENESIS CASTLEVANIA BLOODLINES, BOXED SUPER RARE ITEM" all the time just to bring attention to their auction.

That PoR preorder bonus? You'd think it's rare nowadays but you can get a sealed copy for under $50, despite how "rare" the seller leads you to believe it is.

LoI Special Edition is rare (not the black box one with armored Leon, the alternate version) A sealed copy of the Simon's Quest Tiger handheld is rare. A beta version of Super Castlevania IV is rare. Hell, the Perfect Selection Dracula Battle albums are super rare. LoI soundtrack? Not so much (sorry to break it to the seller). The SotN music sampler is way more rarer than LoI's, and even that is still available here 'n there.

People use the term "rare" way too loosely.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 11:56:00 AM »
The beta versions are probably the most rarest a Castlevania collector could obtain. Some are so rare, almost nobody knows they even exist. For example, did anybody here even know that there are beta version of Dracula XX (US and PAL), and Aria of Sorrow? Those are pretty much impossible to find.       

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 07:10:27 PM »
Unopened or brand new old games can sell for a huge pile of gold too, so if you got your hands on any unopened, they'll fetch you a good chunk, especially if its in prestine condition
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 02:47:56 PM »
I think some people are confused as to exactly what this is. This is NOT the disc that came with the limited edition game though both have the same track list.

One came packaged with the game and one was only handed out through a press conference which means it is rare. Have a look for yourself:

Not rare: http://vgmdb.net/album/17448

Rare: http://vgmdb.net/album/2782

Both look exactly the same except the disc package and where they are obtained from. Check the notes at the bottom of each page. One is a preorder bonus the other was press conference only and is the "parent album" to the preorder because it came first.

So while you think you might have the same disc dude is selling here you probably have the common limited edition that was packaged with the game.

P.S. try finding that disc for sale then tell me about how not rare it is...

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 09:12:39 AM »
I think some people are confused as to exactly what this is. This is NOT the disc that came with the limited edition game though both have the same track list.

One came packaged with the game and one was only handed out through a press conference which means it is rare. Have a look for yourself:

Not rare: http://vgmdb.net/album/17448

Rare: http://vgmdb.net/album/2782

Both look exactly the same except the disc package and where they are obtained from. Check the notes at the bottom of each page. One is a preorder bonus the other was press conference only and is the "parent album" to the preorder because it came first.

So while you think you might have the same disc dude is selling here you probably have the common limited edition that was packaged with the game.

P.S. try finding that disc for sale then tell me about how not rare it is...
Your links are incorrect.  I got the supposedly rare one with my preorder.  And I still have it, sealed.  The one that that site claims was a preorder item was totally different from mine.  Perhaps they switched their photos around?

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 12:10:41 PM »
Your links are incorrect.  I got the supposedly rare one with my preorder.  And I still have it, sealed.  The one that that site claims was a preorder item was totally different from mine.  Perhaps they switched their photos around?

I don't know but there were definitely 2 versions of the same thing.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 12:23:44 PM »
I think there are three versions of this music sample: Japanese version, American version, and he European version. The first came with LoI Limited Edtion of which only exist 10000 copies, the other two were handed out at press conferences. I don't know which of the three is the  rarest.     

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 05:54:56 PM »
But we know which one is not :)

If you ask me though all of them are fairly rare just because you can't find them for sale anywhere. 10k copies is actually not that many either. The limited run of black ops prints that shipped with the pre-order copies was limited to like 50k I think which makes it quite a bit easier to find on places like ebay etc. You could pick one up for about 100 bucks last I looked and there were quite a few left for sale.

Tags: