Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Question about Free World Style on Games  (Read 2907 times)

Offline Crimson_Curse

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: April 09, 2012, 01:39:04 PM »
Just wondering about free world style of rooms the other day, so I started thinking... Did someone ever got it right in here ? The free world style like Sotn, PoR, DoS, Aos... You can go back where you were and explore everything if you want... That kind of thing.

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
Re: Question about Free World Style on Games
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 06:00:54 PM »
I have no idea what you are talking about. Do you mean has anyone created a fan game with that type of game play in it? It's not hard at all really. ReVamp actually does this if you want to be technical since it is a remake of cv2 and that is open world.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline Crimson_Curse

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 06:16:40 PM »
I have no idea what you are talking about. Do you mean has anyone created a fan game with that type of game play in it? It's not hard at all really. ReVamp actually does this if you want to be technical since it is a remake of cv2 and that is open world.

Yep. That's what I meant. An open world like sotn. But I don't think there is any game maker engine with this feature... :/

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 07:53:04 PM »
It's not really a feature. In your layout or frame or whatever they call it in game maker you just make doorways go both ways and allow the character to move backwards so that when the screen scrolls it doesn't stop you from moving back through the stage. Does that make sense? So a doorway would have both sides and when a character either goes off the screen or collides with the edge depending on how you have it set up it can go forward one layout but then go back.

For a stage based game you could simply make scrolling one direction only so once you move forward going back is impossible or make it so once you pass through a door and get to the other side it does not go back or any combination of those 2 things.

So it wouldn't be a feature it would just be settings you choose from the default options in game maker.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Tags: