Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Souls of Sorrow (Old Jonathan Morris and Old Charlotte Aulin)  (Read 10733 times)

Offline djrunza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Founder of CV: Souls of Sorrow
    • Awards
This would be my FIRST ever attempt on changing Jonathan's and Charlotte's aging face expression more differently look than how they used to be before. Hence, this is how they looks like in my fangame storyline of Castlevania: Souls of Sorrow. Here comes the images!

Would be more appreciate it if you could drop by some comments here in this thread about the images above that I've made recently. Cheers! \:D/ What say you? ^^

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
+1
To be completely honest they look terrible
Just slapping on a beard and a few wrinkles doesn't make them look older it just makes them look ridiculous.
If you absolutely must use pre-existing art to create your images instead of drawing them yourself or finding someone else to draw them for you then my advice would be to take several images and photoshop them together even if one or two images are entirely unrelated to Castlevania.
You could for example take either Julius or Rinaldo's head then put Jonathans hair on top and recolour a few things.

Offline djrunza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
To be completely honest they look terrible
Just slapping on a beard and a few wrinkles doesn't make them look older it just makes them look ridiculous.
If you absolutely must use pre-existing art to create your images instead of drawing them yourself or finding someone else to draw them for you then my advice would be to take several images and photoshop them together even if one or two images are entirely unrelated to Castlevania.
You could for example take either Julius or Rinaldo's head then put Jonathans hair on top and recolour a few things.

Ah damn! Why wouldn't I thought of that in a first place! Ahahaha. Thank you so much for the feedback C Belmont! I really appreciate it. Julius or Rinaldo's head then put Jonathans hair on top and recolour a few things. Hmm. Alright I shall try it soon! :D

Offline Green Stranger

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I agree with C Belmont, it does look pretty cruddy. Some fresh artwork could help. Do you need some help with the artwork? I can make a quick sketch of both but nothing too detailed.

Offline djrunza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I agree with C Belmont, it does look pretty cruddy. Some fresh artwork could help. Do you need some help with the artwork? I can make a quick sketch of both but nothing too detailed.

Exactly Green Stranger. Not a problem at all if you could add up colors on them after sketching them but the thing is, I would like to put both of them on the back of the cover artwork box though. Lol but I would really love to see your artwork sketch about Old Jonathan and Old Charlotte as well! :D Thank you so much Green Stranger, I really appreciate it! ^^

Offline Green Stranger

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I'm not going to go into incredible detail with it but I will help you. Btw, how old did you want them?

Offline djrunza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I'm not going to go into incredible detail with it but I will help you. Btw, how old did you want them?

Ahaha It's ok man. Ermm around 50-60 years old. Take your time to sketch it out dude. :D

Offline Wallz!

• Hunter in Training
  • Experimental fan games galore!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Let me do some math.
In 1944, Johnathan was 18.
So he was born in 1926.
Presuming this takes place after Dawn of Sorrow, that would be 2037+
Johnathan would atleast be 111 years old.
Its nothing major, just wanted to put that out there...

Offline djrunza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Let me do some math.
In 1944, Johnathan was 18.
So he was born in 1926.
Presuming this takes place after Dawn of Sorrow, that would be 2037+
Johnathan would atleast be 111 years old.
Its nothing major, just wanted to put that out there...

Ahaha yes, you are absolutely right and I understand it crystal clear. Here's the plot of the storyline for my fangame Castlevania: Souls of Sorrow in order to make you understand about what the story is all about and why Jonathan Morris and Charlotte Aulin will be making their appearance in this story and why they becoming Old.

Castlevania: Souls of Sorrow's plot of the storyline:
"Ever since the incident of the Demon Castle War in 1999, Lord Dracula had finally defeated for good by the hands of the Belmont clan. However, in the year of 2038, a young legendary warrior, Soma Cruz stands once again alongside with his dear friends to face the final battle against the two Castlevania's own favorite Immortal villains, Death and Olrox are the only one left and they who attempt to rule the Demon Castle after Lord Dracula's demise. 2 years after the incident of the Dark Lord Candidates which they've miserably failed, Olrox and Death create a Demon Castle under the darkness of eclipse which Olrox believe that the Demon Castle is his own Utopia and where he is belong. However, though Olrox and Death collaboration together to rule over the world, but each of them have different visions to fight for something which are still unknown for now. Olrox has become the new King of the "Immortal Vampires" and Lord of the Demon Castle who living in a pure hatred and revengeful world upon the humanity and living in an agony upon his elder brother's death, Brauner. The Legendary son of Lord Dracula, Alucard, may have defeated him once but the man, who can bring Olrox back alive from the dead, Death, resurrected him by using Olrox's SOUL. Death tells Olrox everything about what had happened to his elder brother and how he died. Olrox's new comrades, "The Divisions of the 7 Immortal Vampires" and his beloved armies, attempt to rule over the world and wipe out all the humanity for eternity. Prepare for the FINAL chapter of sorrow! Peace and victorious must be prevail forever!"

Another reason why Jonathan and Charlotte becoming old simply because they are just a merely human beings who has the ability to actually holds the ultimate vampire killer whip and a holy book due to their forefathers generation. So the time machine basically couldn't reach into the time where Jonathan and Charlotte were once at younger age. Another reason why Death brings Old Jonathan Morris and Old Charlotte Aulin back to alive from the dead is simply because Death wants Olrox to live in an agony, rage, revengeful and more hatred towards the humans and especially to the one who killed his elder brother. But in fact, as you can see, Death was the one who killed Brauner. Olrox doesn't even know about the truth. Death creates a time wrap machine to bring back both Old Jonathan Morris and Old Charlotte Aulin to the future where Soma’s third series is held and to satisfy Olrox’s revenge for killing his brother.

If you do have any questions, suggestions or opinions regarding about my storyline of Castlevania: Souls of Sorrow, don't hesitate to ask me. Cheers! :D

anything