Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lords of shadow 2 is on it's way  (Read 82417 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2012, 12:40:14 PM »
It might be more to do with LoS taking itself a bit more seriously (perhaps... too seriously?) than Castlevania games tend to take themselves.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2012, 12:41:49 PM »
Since Gabriel is a vampire now, the hearts fueling your weapons should return. Actual hearts. He pulls them still beating from enemies and eats them to get power. That'd be hardcore and mature enough for the game right?

And they should still make the cute "Konami" sounds when he devours them.

+1

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2012, 01:06:50 PM »
On note: we don't even if Gabriel will be the main hero of the game.
Given the end of the LOS, it is very possible that there will be a new hero. Or, if Gabriel / Dracula will return as the protagonist, then gameplay will be completely new alltogether. Though, I don't put my money on it.

Personally, I believe, there will be new hero - either "True" Belmont or MS's interpretation of "Alucard".

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2012, 01:34:17 PM »
Someone on here once brought up the idea that Gabriel could split into two people. Have the evil side be our Dracula and the good side be our Belmont. I'll be honest I have no love whatsoever for LoS but I could see that idea working.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2012, 01:44:13 PM »
Just chiming in with my 2¢.

Can't wait for LoS2. Thus far, E3 had little to nothing that I was particularly looking forward to this year. This changes that.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2012, 01:48:10 PM »
+1
QUESTION: If MS keeps LoS' gameplay nearly identical, but "re-skins" the LoS universe to have more direct references to the Castlevnaia franchise, will that be enough to convert fans for LoS2?

I'd say no, and that's my fear, that MS thinks that'll be enough of an "update." While artistic cosmetics and semantics irked me in this reboot, the gameplay was still largely stuck in the GoW/DmC vein, causing even more problems in the long-term.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 02:35:08 PM by RichterB »

Offline BingleGod

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: Lords of shadow 2 is on it's way
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2012, 02:09:34 PM »
Please don't even vaguely equate GoW with DMC. GoW is a blunt slog; DMC is a supertechnical, precise game that resembles a versus fighter more than a brawler.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2012, 02:20:13 PM »
+1
QUESTION: If MS keeps LoS' gameplay nearly identical, but "re-skins" the LoS universe to have more direct references to the Castlevnaia franchise, will that be enough to convert fans for LoS2?

My honest answer?

If the ones who didn't like LOS1 from it's announcement in 2009 and it's release in 2010, then there's no possible way they will like LOS2. Even if Mercurysteam make it resemble and sound like Castlevania to the fullest extent, their feelings about this reboot is set in stone and I don't see how LOS2 will make them come around. The best thing Mercurysteam can do is to make LOS2 better than it's predicessor and weed out the problems the first game had.

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2012, 02:41:14 PM »
+1
Please don't even vaguely equate GoW with DMC. GoW is a blunt slog; DMC is a supertechnical, precise game that resembles a versus fighter more than a brawler.

True enough. But I was merely speaking to the emphasis on frenetic combo-based action and more "secondary" use of platforming. I think that misconstrues the roots of Castlevania's paced action-platforming DNA.

My honest answer?

If the ones who didn't like LOS1 from it's announcement in 2009 and it's release in 2010, then there's no possible way they will like LOS2. Even if Mercurysteam make it resemble and sound like Castlevania to the fullest extent, their feelings about this reboot is set in stone and I don't see how LOS2 will make them come around. The best thing Mercurysteam can do is to make LOS2 better than it's predicessor and weed out the problems the first game had.

OK. I hope people will stick to their guns. Because I can imagine a scenario where people will say: "They added the Bloody Tears song and Medusa heads! It's fixed! This proves it's the rightful direction of Castlevania!" That'll drive me up the wall. My thought is, even if they add things like that, we'll probably only be around the level of LoI, which, give or take some pros and cons, isn't far from where we are now.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 02:45:28 PM by RichterB »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2012, 03:18:36 PM »
I probably won't even pick up LoS 2 if it's not on WiiU. I have no interest in buying anymore games for my 360, hell I haven't even touched it in months.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2012, 06:56:17 PM »
Someone on here once brought up the idea that Gabriel could split into two people. Have the evil side be our Dracula and the good side be our Belmont.
Hmm...like certain Lords...but how it could work?
Not that I believe in that diection.

Because I can imagine a scenario where people will say: "They added the Bloody Tears song and Medusa heads! It's fixed! This proves it's the rightful direction of Castlevania!" That'll drive me up the wall.
If they do it, it will calm a lot of people. And if said people will accept LOS2 as true Castlevania then what is so bad about it? Your feelings? Insignificant.
Besides, people tend to change they mind over time - it is completely normal. Only obsessed fanatics stick to they guns till the end, I'd say.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2012, 07:05:42 PM »
Hmm...like certain Lords...but how it could work?
Not that I believe in that diection.

I'm not sure. I just thought it was a good idea. ;D

Offline Vrakanox

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2012, 09:22:46 PM »
+1
I just hope this one is more like Castlevania.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2012, 10:39:32 PM »
+1
As much as I would like to see hearts, more candle whipping, and pot roast, I've accepted we're just not going to see any of it in the series anymore. I don't see why Castlevania can't have things like that though when MGS can have floating boxes of rations and cardboard boxes to sneak around in, they're just as campy as finding pot roast in the walls and using hearts for ammunition for sub weapons.
This type of humor is common in Japanese games. I never expected to see this on this western developed game.

I just hope the sequel is less Uncharted. I like the game, but I want the platforming to be more like the one in the DLC (the part where he runs on the water and jumps to small platforms, THAT shit was platforming, going up and down automatically on a wall isn't). And that they can make their soundtrack a bit more like Castlevania, worst OST ever to listen outside the game.

ALSO, I hope we don't see David Cox as the PR guy this time around. Or at least, that he don't make promises that he can't maintain (no QTEs, SERIOUSLY? The first fucking fight has that! Based on CV IV? Where?)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 10:43:14 PM by Maedhros »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2012, 04:24:34 AM »
The sequel will have a castle and you'll fight monsters. You heard it here first!