Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lords of shadow 2 is on it's way  (Read 82249 times)

Offline Hayoam

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2012, 04:54:31 AM »
O_O
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 06:07:48 AM by Hayoam »

Offline Hayoam

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2012, 06:03:14 AM »
When I heard about Los I was like YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSS
but when I finished the game well not so much
don't get me wrong the game was good but not the Castlevania That I expected  to be ~_~
and I still have hope for this one Because it's titled Castlevania 
And the developers can still satisfy the fans

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2012, 09:34:26 AM »
Based on CV IV? Where?
Some people said that LOS "oozes SCV4".

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2012, 11:34:10 AM »
Well Gabriel is one big Simon shoutout, and they DID originally pitch a CV1 remake. and SC 4 IS the most commonly LOVED versions of CV1. I can see it. mainly the grapple points, which were one of CV4's biggest gimmicks with the whip, and which is surprisingly rare outside of that game.

I guess perhaps some of the ruins and waterfally shit is similar maybe.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2012, 12:32:53 PM »
Then again who actually loves Super Castlevania IV because it had grapple hooks.

I liked SCV4 because of how rugged, intricate, and tight the terrain was and how it contrasted with the lithe maneuverings of Simon, how the graphics created a real sense of Grim™ while still holding a very varied color palette, the bizarre sense of abstractness in details, and the great jazzy tunes.

oh super castlevania pls take me

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2012, 12:50:06 PM »
It's most likely nothing (again) but there is an Gamereactor interview with Enric Alverez that was posted a couple of days ago but it's in spanish. Can anyone translate plz?

http://www.gamereactor.es/articulos/18541/Mercury+Steam%3A+entusiastas%2C+no+entendidos/

The only thing I got were, Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 and Wii U.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 02:19:28 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2012, 02:04:38 PM »
Some people said that LOS "oozes SCV4".

It did not "ooze" SCV4. It trickled it, at best. During the one level with vampires and a castle.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2012, 03:00:37 PM »
It's most likely nothing (again) but there is an Gamereactor interview with Enric Alverez that was posted a couple of days ago but it's in spanish. Can anyone translate plz?

http://www.gamereactor.es/articulos/18541/Mercury+Steam%3A+entusiastas%2C+no+entendidos/

Have a very shitty chrome translation:
[Interview] Enric Alvarez's talk during IDEAM IV was quite different. There was no talk of small independent games, or financing and distribution models. What was interesting was the history of the study.
How the effort, bats, learning, and why not?, Luck of hitting the nail on more than one occasion took Mercury Steam to the forefront of international development. Dismissal of the riskier bet, playable demo of the classic and technology for simple and terrifying concept that 'sold' his art and projected into the realm of the big producers: the creepy little girl who had modeled Jose Antonio Alcázar.

The session revealing experiences and anecdotes young developers indicated the way forward, but it illustrated how he had managed to live and grow up a Spanish study, with sincerity ahead.

After the conference, Enric was pleased to sit down and have a chat with Gamereactor. Do they have to be graphic displays samples? Is it advisable to stick to big productions today? Will your Castlevania on Wii U? The founder of the study answered with the same ease:

With this idea of "the girl who saved Mercury Steam" subrayáis that a developer has to have something to say to present a project, and what they teach must prove it. Maybe when you did to Jericho , the fashion for 'next-gen graphics' gird you could force the exclusively visual presentation ... imported does not appear that both the ideas of game.

Why not? Okay, so I said at the conference: we had a game idea, of course. But teaching the idea of ​​play, try to explain it, took the hole that we hardly. That does not mean, if someone is understanding that, that graphics matter more than the 'gameplay' at all. Let's say that in dealing with a 'publisher' need to know the time you have to act. Moments are not all equal. Not always have to prove that you have an extraordinary game at gameplay, or extraordinary level of graphics. There are times to teach "something" in fifteen seconds.

A hook?

A hook. Something they can use the next day as trailer. Then, quiet, they will say, "Okay, you've passed the first cut. Now tell me, what do you do with it? What will become?" Hence, if there is one game behind, back to square one. That was the message.

Mercury Steam to expound it also must adapt, and there are some ideas that are coming now, though you have a philosophy. In this IDEAM much cutting material 'retro' style of classic games. It even seems that the big producers are doing the old titles and being distributed by the digital channels. Do you see yourselves making games like this? 2D cortitos, digital distribution ...

We are interested in video games, we like to play them, we like them. We have a style that is given by our personal preferences. That will remain so, because if we had fun doing what we do, we would not. There was never a business plan setting for Mercury Steam. What he had was a group of crazy kids do what they liked. Do not know answer, because it will depend on what we ask for the body, really. It is true that we are not too eager to make games for taking little ones or Facebook, we are particularly interested. How business? Not what we propose.

I have several years of hearing that the big games and big stories will end. Ten years ago that led him hear. And the last thing I read is that sales of securities 'AAA' are rising. That confirms to me something I always tell people: if true, would have stopped doing Hollywood adventure films for many years. To us it's the same, we love the great fantasies, the great stories and characters. Ask games of that court. Tomorrow we will do the simplest thing? Do not know that, like other if we want to.

Right now you are about hundred employees in the study. Do you think the most appropriate project for a company of this caliber can continue to raise this kind of big productions instead of launching small ideas or divided?

I am an enthusiast, not an expert. I do not know what's best entrepreneurs. I know what I like to do, and that's what we do.

In the last IDEAM we saw you was when Nintendo 3DS was about to leave. We told You Did a test 3D Castlevania with some fireflies. Been a while since you continue to see near and Nintendo 3DS, with which they showed you happy. Do you have any idea Mercury Steam and 3D (in or out of this notebook)?

The Sea 3D is interesting. More now, it seems that Sony has released a pair of glasses that are milk and they work very well, so I have understood. Of course, we are completely open to all these innovations. And sorry, but I can only respond with generalities ...

Then you also wonder if Castlevania Wii will be in U. ..

(Laughs). If you want, pregúntalo.

Mercury Steam Does a Wii development kit U?

You know I do not know? (Laughs).

Your first Castlevania: Lords of Shadow . What do not recommend repeating that developing these young developers?

Wow! Seriously, with Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is the first time at Mercury Steam things go as we like. In Scrapland was not because we were riding the company while we were developing the game, with an uncertainty brutal and a team that was forming. With Jericho not entirely comfortable working with Codemasters, and also the technological challenge before us was overwhelming. That is, we had to get a game for three platforms (two of which neither had seen), and we did it in less than two years. And he went: it was miraculous.

This time with Castlevania: Lords of Shadow , has been ... really, when I've asked the question was exploring my mind ... Is that there is nothing! There is something to say, "this does not do try." Obviously, that does not mean that all ideas that we threw the fly were good the first time. We suffered a lot, we've been stuck for time with ideas that came out later, things had to redo or restart from scratch, we have pulled entire levels because we liked and we've remade ... Problems have been many, but they are the normal development. There has been nothing to stop us significantly, nothing with what we said "Gentlemen, we've screwed up."

Then a hypothetical Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is not a matter of fixing things badly.

Well I do not know when I get to do the second one, I tell you.

I have to ask the other current trends: crowd Funding, Kickstarter, second games free-to-play, which is another model that people such as Virtual Toys is now embracing.

I am delighted. I put ... very happy (laughs) there are all these models, because that meaning are also plenty of opportunities for people who want to start or show what they can do. I find it extremely gratifying that the market is opened in this way. No wonder we knew long ago, is logical and normal. The game is an art in expansion: new things have to happen.

Do you contemplate for Mercury Steam?

We like to do the kind of games we like to do, and this requires a monstrous economic boost. That is the environment in which we move, and will continue to do until things change.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2012, 03:06:48 PM »
I liked SCV4 because of how rugged, intricate, and tight the terrain was and how it contrasted with the lithe maneuverings of Simon, how the graphics created a real sense of Grim™ while still holding a very varied color palette, the bizarre sense of abstractness in details, and the great jazzy tunes.

All of this, especially jazzy tunes.

I still don't get comparing CV4 to LoS. They share whip swinging, two songs, and that's kinda it.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2012, 03:13:22 PM »

they asked him if MS had a WII U dev kit, to which he replied he doesn't know.

though he mentions that they are totally open to new things, like 3D.

So he asks "I guess i cant ask you then if Castlevania will be on the Wii-U..."

*laughs* "ask it if you want."

They asked him if in regards to Lords, there was any advice he could give new developers as far as "don't do this", development advice and shit. He says that LoS is the first time in MercurySteam where things went they way they liked. With Scrapland, they were still forming the company, and with Jericho, they were not able to work fully satisfactory with all the coders (? I think, I might be misinterpreting it,) and had a big technological challenge since they had to release the game for 3 platforms, 2 of which they hadn't seen yet, in less than 2 years.

He says that with Lords, he really couldn't think of anything to say as far as "don't try this", though he elaborates that that doesn't mean that all they ideas they put in forward were good at first. They suffered a lot, they got stuck many times with ideas that went nowhere, things that they had to remake or restart from 0, they tossed entire levels because they didn't like them and had to redo them. There were many problems, but they were the normal development kind, none that halted them significantly, or made them say "Gentlemen, we fucked up".

The interviewer then proposes that a hypothetical Lords 2 then isn't a matter of fixing what's badly done, to which he answers:

"Well I dont know, when I start working on the second part, I'll let you know."
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2012, 03:57:38 PM »
Thanks for the translations, so other than the cut levels there was nothing about LOS2 outside of "hypothetical" questions.

Oh well, 3 more weeks untill we know the truth for sure (man it feels like times going slow as the days approaches).

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2012, 04:42:29 PM »
I won't buy another generic turd unless its proven to be poop worthy.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2012, 10:37:03 PM »
+1
QUESTION: If MS keeps LoS' gameplay nearly identical, but "re-skins" the LoS universe to have more direct references to the Castlevnaia franchise, will that be enough to convert fans for LoS2?

I'd say no, and that's my fear, that MS thinks that'll be enough of an "update." While artistic cosmetics and semantics irked me in this reboot, the gameplay was still largely stuck in the GoW/DmC vein, causing even more problems in the long-term.

I don't think MS would "re-skin" the game; it doesn't really need to do that as much as just throw more good stuff in there that would fit thematically with Castlevania. There are already some gorgeous environments and enemies that fit the series like a glove; just amping up the creepiness factor in enemies and levels would suit me fine.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2012, 10:47:45 PM »
Thanks for the translations, so other than the cut levels there was nothing about LOS2 outside of "hypothetical" questions.

Oh well, 3 more weeks untill we know the truth for sure (man it feels like times going slow as the days approaches).

Do not think about it to much when you forget about it like I do it will come all the sooner.

The sequel will have a castle and you'll fight monsters. You heard it here first!

Looking foward to it   ;)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 10:51:30 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2012, 11:45:54 PM »
I won't buy another generic turd unless its proven to be poop worthy.

Umm...... I'm having trouble divulging the meaning of your sentence here.