Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586731 times)

Offline CrashDiary27

• Hunter in Training
  • game over
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Re: Games that you have currently beaten/completed
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2012, 06:20:33 PM »
I actually just went through castlevania for nes. I was up all damn night trying to get through death's stage. A whole lot of cussing was going on but I knew if I didn't beat it I wasn't going to sleep!

Offline Johnny Alucard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Shanoa x Monica OTP
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2012, 10:11:11 PM »
I'm close to finishing Devil Survivor Overclocked. I'm on the 8th day, just gotta rack up some good demons to go against the final boss.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #107 on: June 20, 2012, 11:03:22 PM »
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure (DS)
This game was ridiculously short and easy. Probably the easiest JRPG I've ever played. The story is terrible and the dungeons are awfully repetitive, but the game is still kind of...cute  :-[

Jeanne D'Arc (PSP)
Another easy game, mostly because I quickly became extremely overpowered. I really liked it though and recommend it wholeheartedly to any fan of Shining Fore, Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics.

Ys: Ark of Napishtim (PS2)
Another short game, but the challenge was just right for me. I am now moving on to Ys Seven, I think!

Another Code (DS)
Known as Trace Memory to most of you. It was a pretty fun point'n'clicky type of affair with some questionable puzzles. I had to look at a FAQ at least two times while going through it. I have the Wii sequel lying around somewhere, which I'm told is a better game, so I'm excited for that.

Batman: Arkham Asylum (360)
I was playing this on and off for months but I finally beat it a month ago or so. It's a very good game but I honestly had even higher expectations. Hype is dangerous. I may pick up Arkham City someday but it's not a priority right now.

Righr now I'm working my way through Yakuza 3 which I've never finished before (did finish 1,2 and 4). I should be done with it in a week or so, if I find the time to actually sit the fuck down and play. So much in life right now :(

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2012, 11:09:40 PM »

Righr now I'm working my way through Yakuza 3 which I've never finished before (did finish 1,2 and 4). I should be done with it in a week or so, if I find the time to actually sit the fuck down and play. So much in life right now :(

Same thing with me I feel that I am getting more close to beating Vesperia. I do not want to spoil anything if anyone wants to play that game but all I will say is this

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #109 on: June 21, 2012, 12:26:46 AM »
I haven't beat anything for awhile. However, I suppose I could finish Thracia 776, Tactics Ogre, and Dark Souls. I'm nearing the end if not at the end of each of them but am feeling super lazy with them.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2012, 06:59:51 PM »
Recently finished Kid Icarus: Uprising, then finally finished the original in 3D (because it has saves, not like the password NES version).
I also finally finished Portal.
Lastly, I finished Xenoblade Chronicles (yay now there's NewGame+).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2012, 03:53:49 AM »
I'm about to finish breath of fire iv and i'm also playing tales of phantasia remake for the game boy advance.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2012, 06:11:48 AM »
Hm since this is such a similar topic to the one I recently made of "what have you been playing" maybe they should be merged into one topic like "What have you been playing and/or beaten recently?"
As for myself I finished Dungeon Defenders for the half dozenth time today. Such a great game.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2012, 10:41:14 AM »
Hm since this is such a similar topic to the one I recently made of "what have you been playing" maybe they should be merged into one topic like "What have you been playing and/or beaten recently?"
As for myself I finished Dungeon Defenders for the half dozenth time today. Such a great game.

Yep almost as a compliment to that topic. Yours is the starting mines is the ending kind of like that.  :)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: June 23, 2012, 02:02:05 PM »
I'll merge 'em.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Lucius J. Belmont

• Bathrobe Werewolf
  • Hunter in Training
  • stronger, more resilient than a spider
    • im mike jones
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2012, 12:15:39 AM »
The World Ends With You--I highly recommend this for DS, the soundtrack is excellent too.

Persona 3 & 4--also recommend, haven't finished those entirely as my PS is in another state. Can't go wrong with any Persona imo.

Shin Megami Tensei blah blah blah Devil Summoner Kuzonoha vs Abbadon really did this title need to be this long--again, can't go wrong with SMT/Persona. This was a borrowed copy so I need to finish it too, but I'm a little reluctant to drop fifty bucks on it on Amazon when it might turn up at GameStop for 29.99 or less. /crosses fingers

TwinBee and Parodius have been good for a NES-tune fix lately.

Also, Lord of the Rings Online--quite a decent f2p mmo. It's no WoW but it's not too harsh on f2p'ers and is pretty engaging.

And since I got an emulator running decently on my poor old-as-balls computer finally, I'ma bust out Parasite Eve.

And for a change of pace, Epic Mickey :p
"Well of course I understand. You live forever because your pure, sinless service is utterly and indomitably unballasted by any weight or dross of mere human weakness. Ah, the advantages of clean living."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2012, 01:28:24 PM »
I've picked up Rayman Origins again. Normally I play a few levels and quit, but I went through almost two whole worlds last night. :p I was in the groove, I guess.

I'm happy that a sequel is coming for the Wii U. Maybe I'm just a dildo, but I kinda wish it stays a U exclusive. I'm really rooting for Nintendo this next generation, hoping it'll have everything from great exclusive content to massive third party support. Really excited for the new edition of Arkham City, which thankfully I haven't nabbed for the current consoles since I haven't beaten Asylum yet. If Nintendo keeps doing what they do best while allowing for everything current gamers want, it'll be the perfect mesh and hopefully the ultimate system.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #117 on: June 25, 2012, 12:46:05 PM »
+1
Got to Metroid Prime last week. (S)He kicked my ass because I had completely forgotten the pattern. Got around to beating it last night and now it's back to the tedium that is Metroid Prime 2. I sweasr the Luminoth and the Ing do not make lock systems with less than 3 keys that are hidden in the most obscure places. It's like the fuckers both make shit and then expect to never put them to use.
"Stuff and things."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2012, 03:24:26 PM »
as for me myself? am currently playing Devil May Cry HD Collection (DMC3), Mega Man 8, Chrono Trigger, and Kirby Super Star Ultra.. all simultaenously o.o;

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2012, 08:44:42 PM »
Gargoyle's Quest.
This game is great! I don't know why I never really gave these games a chance. Gargoyle's Quest for the Gameboy is well-balanced, and has a great way of making you feel like you're becoming more powerful as the game progresses without it becoming easier. Especially in the last few levels, where you can hover forever, and are required to use ALL the skills and upgrades you've acquired throughout the game. You really feel accomplished each time you complete a level. It's quite short, but that's to be expected from a Gameboy game. I can beat it in about an hour and 15 minutes now, but the first time through, when you're learning the levels, it can take a while.

I highly recommend it for platforming-heavy action game fans. 3DS owners can get it for about $5 from the eShop.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Tags: