Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 146min LEGO-animation: KastleVania IV  (Read 3799 times)

Offline hovinet

• HOViNET.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
146min LEGO-animation: KastleVania IV
« on: January 12, 2013, 01:25:40 PM »
+3
KastleVania 4: Legend of Vania

YouTube

KASTLEVANIA IV: VANIAN LEGENDA:
http://youtu.be/BcOHWQBXujw

MAIN MENU: http://youtu.be/uO1cx_c75VE

running time: 146min
year of production: 2012
category: animation/adventure/fantasy
other info: 110’000 pictures, 12-20 fps, thousands of hours of work to build, animate and edit.
format: 16:9, color
sound: stereo
subtitles: english, suomi
http://www.hovinet.com
Facebook: http://goo.gl/JszrU
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hovinet

A story about freedom, death and revenge

KastleVania 4 tells about history of the Bellmount clan and how the youngest member of the family has to face the old nemesis stronger than ever before. Simo Bellmount anticipates the return of forces of evil and sends his grandson to examine the situation in the land of Vania. On his journey, Justus learns a lot about history of the land of Vania, its four provinces with their leaders and about the three legendary artifacts, the combination of which would create the ultimate weapon, the Manasplinter.
Justus ends up living at his grand-uncle’s inn in the peasant village of KastleVilla and leading its people against their oppressors. In light of tragic events and frightening evidence on return of Lord Trakula, Justus must begin a great quest to seek the artifacts and bring forth the balance to the land of Vania. Justus Bellmount, Fisgars Jr. the Blacksmith, Goffheat the Alchemist and the companions must use all means available to defeat Lord Trakula. Prepare for a journey never to forget in the land of Vania!
Phew, We can’t even now realise it’s been 90 months since we started this animation.
We have to say a huge thanks to everyone who has helped and supported us in making this film over the past seven+ years.

©2012 HOViNET team

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Re: 146min LEGO-animation: KastleVania IV
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 07:43:33 PM »
Why did you Firepro all the names? To avoid copyright? And if it's stop-motion Legos I can definitely give it a whirl.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 09:35:44 AM »
Watched the first 20 or so minutes, since that's all the time I had, and it's surprisingly well-made. Much better than any other Lego Castlevania flick.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline hovinet

• HOViNET.com
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 01:13:19 PM »
Watched the first 20 or so minutes, since that's all the time I had, and it's surprisingly well-made. Much better than any other Lego Castlevania flick.

You should watch it all. The best parts are the last 40minutes.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 08:58:10 PM »
Yeah, I watched half of it. I skipped the first half. I couldn't get into it. Was falling asleep. I just skipped around. About halfway through, though, I couldn't stop watching and watched the whole second half without getting out of bed. Some of the jokes are pretty funny. And I laughed at the Age Of Empires 3 references. The Dracula fight was fun and I loved whenever someone died. All the little translucent red studs scattering around. :D The wizard was funny too. I knew he was gonna be trouble by the end of the movie.

I was VERY impressed by the Lego designs.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 02:07:38 PM »
You should watch it all. The best parts are the last 40minutes.

I'll download it. Since I travel a lot I'll spend my time in the vehicle watching the movie. :3
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 11:59:58 AM »
Very nicely done! I can understand a lot of people's sentiments here with the first half being rather slow (but I sat through it since your team took the time to make it).

Love the musical choices and Elder Scrolls nods, especially love the Juste scene when he's traveling through the barracks. Great camera work with some of the shots too, really impressive stuff. Overall 9/10, would recommend fans to watch it.

Offline hovinet

• HOViNET.com
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 11:14:29 AM »
Thanks for all the comments!
Nearly 50000 views on YouTube now...

Tags: