Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017  (Read 283118 times)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017
« Reply #330 on: December 30, 2016, 07:56:28 AM »
It's not a a balance between Metroidvania and Classic. That's honestly much harder than anything I've seen. IMO, CastleVania 3 is the perfect difficulty, and this is quite a bit harder. Not because of enemy placement, but a lot of it has to do with the physics and the way the platforms move among other small things (like the purple enemies that shoot the three orbs in a row.

Sorry, but maybe this game is just not for you.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 08:57:19 AM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #331 on: December 30, 2016, 01:07:20 PM »
After playing a lot and yes it was a lot I must say it have good balance at least for me and I have 2 complains that one perhaps its stupid:

1st the guide in some parts its say weird things like if you press down + jump you can crouch

(click to show/hide)

2nd the Aura, since in the demo I only can have the 2nd level of the holy aura i cant say much about this but in the trailers its show that you will have 6 or 7 holy auras, thats hard to learn and to remember what level do something i think, I can see that gives you good time to know the skill but i dont know how it will work with 7 skills and fight with something (still i like this idea instead to go to menu and select a new skill), this is not a complain since like i say i didnt have level 3 or 4 to see if this give problems but just something to think.

Again thanks to show this demo I really enjoyed a lot!

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #332 on: December 30, 2016, 01:20:23 PM »
Sorry, but maybe this game is just not for you.

Allow me to elaborate further, and in a matter that explains this better.

The misalignment of frames makes it difficult to judge where the hitbox is during things like jumping or grappling. The platforms don't slow down when they get to their edge and it feels like they jerk you out of the air when you land on them. It's hard to judge when the correct time to jump on them is. When jumping to hooks you have to be ridiculously precise. And you're thrown into spikes the first time you fail. The game doesn't give you a chance to mess up. This is why I compared it to TMNT for the NES. You're thrown in expecting to know how to do everything and knowing what order to do things in, but if you can't, you're punished for it. The game is difficult for the wrong reason. It's hard because of faulty game mechanics, and poor introduction. The player isn't eased into the game one mechanic or function at a time.  The player is expected to be a master at what you want them to do.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #333 on: December 30, 2016, 01:51:35 PM »
Allow me to elaborate further, and in a matter that explains this better.

The misalignment of frames makes it difficult to judge where the hitbox is during things like jumping or grappling. The platforms don't slow down when they get to their edge and it feels like they jerk you out of the air when you land on them. It's hard to judge when the correct time to jump on them is. When jumping to hooks you have to be ridiculously precise. And you're thrown into spikes the first time you fail. The game doesn't give you a chance to mess up. This is why I compared it to TMNT for the NES. You're thrown in expecting to know how to do everything and knowing what order to do things in, but if you can't, you're punished for it. The game is difficult for the wrong reason. It's hard because of faulty game mechanics, and poor introduction. The player isn't eased into the game one mechanic or function at a time.  The player is expected to be a master at what you want them to do.

I'm glad the game kicked your ass.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #334 on: December 30, 2016, 02:54:10 PM »
Thanks Jop!

We'll make sure the text gets cleaned up more.

From watching Mig play in all the videos I have received, the aura system works nicely. It looks to me that it will be a skill of timing for players to hone. That's all I can say!

Hopefully Mig has selected you to help test the full game before it's released. You always have useful critiques for us and you present them in a constructive and respectful way.

We've been pouring our hearts and souls into this game for a long time and we appreciate those of you who understand and give us your feedback in a thoughtful manner.

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #335 on: December 30, 2016, 04:43:23 PM »
Hey Belmontoya, you knows if Mig wants to do something about the Rings? It's my only complaint about the game.
the rest is really fine. Using the Aura to solve puzzles and progress in the game is one of the best parts of the demo.

Offline eryson

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #336 on: December 30, 2016, 04:44:28 PM »
Hey Belmontoya, you knows if Mig wants to do something about the Rings? It's my only complaint about the game.
the rest is really fine. Using the Aura to solve puzzles and progress is one of the best parts of the demo.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #337 on: December 30, 2016, 04:45:43 PM »
I'm glad the game kicked your ass.

Being a total asshole is a nice way to promote the game and make people want to play it. Way to represent the team you're working with.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #338 on: December 30, 2016, 05:05:11 PM »
hay Mig i was thinking your games looked like the old HAUNTED CASTLE 2 and 3 games i played back in the day tried to look them back up and seen you did make them games too very cool so i was wondering if you ever made HAUNTED CASTLE 3 Trevor's quest to work on newer pcs?

i never did get to beat it and it was a very fun game i'd like to play it again even if you didn't get it to run on newer pcs can i have the game i might buy a cheap pc just so i can play that game thanks man and can't wait till your new game is out  ;D

How far did you go at Haunted Castle 3? I suffered from program system error a lot and I was forced to quit the current progress when my character was at the middle of the Castle.
 :'(
Besides, there's entirely no strategy guides online so I want to make one but the program REALLY bugs me. :'(  Actually I want to buy an old PC in order to ease my regret.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 05:18:53 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #339 on: December 30, 2016, 05:11:35 PM »
Thanks Jop!

We'll make sure the text gets cleaned up more.

From watching Mig play in all the videos I have received, the aura system works nicely. It looks to me that it will be a skill of timing for players to hone. That's all I can say!

Hopefully Mig has selected you to help test the full game before it's released. You always have useful critiques for us and you present them in a constructive and respectful way.

Oh okay, its good to hear that, if he dosnt choose me its okey, im happy with all i help.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #340 on: December 30, 2016, 05:50:16 PM »
Being a total asshole is a nice way to promote the game and make people want to play it. Way to represent the team you're working with.

I think sticking up for Mig's work to a teenage troll who has nothing positive to say about a game we've devoted a significant portion of our lives to is a great way to represent the team.

And by the way, a great many people like the difficulty level of the game and it's mechanics. Many praised the difficulty of LC1 as well. Maybe this is because Mig has been making games since the mid 90's and he knows a thing or two about how to make a fun game.

I'm genuinly happy that the game was difficult for you. I've seen many people make it through smoothly with few problems. If it were easy for everyone, something would be wrong.

You made very few critiques that I agree with and you presented them in a condescending "the game is doomed because of this" manner. You spoke not a word of anything positive about the game, and persisted when I tried to politely move on.

We're not under contracts or working for anyone. We're two guys busting our asses. I have no qualms about calling bullshit when I see it.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 05:59:48 PM by Belmontoya »

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #341 on: December 30, 2016, 06:49:21 PM »
How far did you go at Haunted Castle 3? I suffered from program system error a lot and I was forced to quit the current progress when my character was at the middle of the Castle.
Besides, there's entirely no strategy guides online so I want to make one but the program REALLY bugs me. :'(  Actually I want to buy an old PC in order to ease my regret.

sorry i didn't get far as you did they may have been a few bugs i don't remember i kinda think most fan games will have a few bugs they don't bug me  :P
unless it brakes the game as you said it did but i never had that problem i think i was running windows 98 back then now i found the game but it only loads to the start screen and i can move the pointer from start to continue but can't get it to start the game  :'(
also installed a virtual xp but still won't start guess xp is too new so been trying a virtual 98 so i can play the game
i tried to watch it on youtube but only guy playing it was a German guy who kept restarting over :'( 

if anybody knows a good win98 virtual emu thats not to hard to setup please help i really want to play Haunted Castle 3!
wish Mig would had made that updated version but understand why he got side tracked with a older game he already made and was done with
but it is a bad ass game just like Castlevania 2 SQ or SOTN both them games are so alike to me and Castlevania 3 are my top fav 3 Castlevania games

Quote from: Belmontoya

I think sticking up for Mig's work to a teenage troll who has nothing positive to say about a game we've devoted a significant portion of our lives to is a great way to represent the team.

And by the way, a great many people like the difficulty level of the game and it's mechanics. Many praised the difficulty of LC1 as well. Maybe this is because Mig has been making games since the mid 90's and he knows a thing or two about how to make a fun game.

I'm genuinly happy that the game was difficult for you. I've seen many people make it through smoothly with few problems. If it were easy for everyone, something would be wrong.

You made very few critiques that I agree with and you presented them in a condescending "the game is doomed because of this" manner. You spoke not a word of anything positive about the game, and persisted when I tried to politely move on.

We're not under contracts or working for anyone. We're two guys busting our asses. I have no qualms about calling bullshit when I see it.

games not too hard man you all are doing a great job i got nothing but love for you all people never know how much go's into making a game i tried back in the day when i made my little Castlevania SOTN Deleted Scenes it was just a run around of the Saturn stages but put a little work into getting stuff right so i had a little taste can't even dream of the work that you all had to slave away to make something this bad ass also know how a bad comment can bring you down and make you not want to work on it just know you got a lot more fans than haters keep up the great work!!

Offline eryson

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #342 on: December 30, 2016, 07:14:18 PM »

Hey, i have a walkthough of this game. The game is a veeery long adventure.
It's in french, but all important places to go as well the key itens to progress in the game are in BOLD, so its very simple.

Edit: Ehhh...Why i've quoted my own post??  :o
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 07:18:40 PM by eryson »

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #343 on: December 30, 2016, 08:20:34 PM »
Hey, i have a walkthough of this game. The game is a veeery long adventure.
It's in french, but all important places to go as well the key itens to progress in the game are in BOLD, so its very simple.

Edit: Ehhh...Why i've quoted my own post??  :o

I checked my progress and it was at the step 24 with 31 steps in total. Unfortunately save data was lost  :'(
Actually I can tell some similarities in between this game and LC2 as each item can bring up to 3 and it gave me a impression that spam items was not work/ limited to minimum. One will definitely need brave and intelligence to make progress. I can see a familiar Ice Cave in LC2 trailer... There're tons of good ideas throughout the structures what I knew. This is the way how awesome 2D games work at their golden times and eventually shine as parts of good memories. It's also the reason I loved the games presented by mig, and even till now.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 09:00:26 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline eryson

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #344 on: December 30, 2016, 08:41:53 PM »
A similarity that i've noted was that every equip in the shop have your own importance, such hard is the area, such strong will be the equips.

anything