Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017  (Read 283352 times)

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017
« Reply #465 on: April 26, 2017, 02:11:17 PM »
I have now played for over 2 hours and have to say that I am REALLY, impressed, the game was better than I thought WOW got goose skin for the good team and everything is built up is real Castlevania comeback and feel.

Should wish KONAMI had learned from this and done something again.

But whatever a million, thank you never enough and say it's really a masterpiece. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Everthing is perfect the controls,atmosphere,music,levels, etc....

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #466 on: April 26, 2017, 07:02:09 PM »
Congrats on release!  I can tell quite a lot of work went into this game.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 05:21:27 PM by piscesdreams »

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #467 on: April 26, 2017, 08:00:04 PM »
This was so worth the wait. Major props to you guys.

Offline Lecardus28

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #468 on: April 26, 2017, 08:08:07 PM »
I've been enjoying this game far too much :)

Aside from the massive spacing and 1-2 difficulty spikes I faced up till the second half of the game, I really don't have any issues with the game. It looks, feels, and pretty much is a fantastic Castlevania game.

Once again Mig and company, thank you for a fantastic game. I can't wait to get to the end!

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #469 on: April 27, 2017, 12:15:50 AM »
I have played a little and it is truly amazing game!

I just saved before the Count in the Mansion.

I will continue tonight!

It is a little hard game but that is fine. We don't want things to get "I just have obtained Claimh Solais" right?

Also I had such a SotN flashback when I heard the Abandoned Mines track ... perfect.

The voice acting is also amazing.

I really hope you can make money with making games! I know you are doing it for passion but this deserves to be on the shelves as well!!!
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline BloodStorm83

• Awards
« Reply #470 on: April 27, 2017, 01:36:21 AM »
+1
Thank you for creating such a masterpiece. You should somehow obtain the rights from Konami to be able to sell Lecarde Chronicles I & II Collectors Edition (DVD). - Kickstarter campaign? I'm sure lots of people would love to pay for these great games. They're worth much more money than every title Konami released in the past 10 years.

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #471 on: April 27, 2017, 02:02:53 AM »
Thank you for creating such a masterpiece. You should somehow obtain the rights from Konami to be able to sell Lecarde Chronicles I & II Collectors Edition (DVD). - Kickstarter campaign? I'm sure lots of people would love to pay for these great games. They're worth much more money than every title Konami released in the past 10 years.

Or ported to handheld :D the NEW 3ds is compatible with the Unity engine and the PS Vita. Hell even the Game Maker Studio can export for PS Vita. I have no idea for Fusion :( I do not know to what system it can export :|

But this is just too good to become real :)
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #472 on: April 27, 2017, 03:54:29 AM »
My current progress! I'm very tried...I must take a rest.

Also there're two locations that I noticed (slightly) broken background...

The upward point

The game caught the Castlevania atmosphere very well, just as the previous game
Great scenario, pretty designed bosses&enemies, almost perfect control scheme, cool voice acting... Everything just interested me.

Almost no repeated scene, cool day-night change added much more variation to enemy species, the time-related opened sky scenario in several places are so beautiful...

Game difficulty is a little bit harder than what I expected but I can take it.

The downward point

Actually I have several doubts about The Aura Blast system, mainly due to its limitation about player character's mobility (being hurt by enemies makes magic charging stops...Not a big loss at charging level 1/2 but if want to launch Holy Cross in boss battle it would be serious problem) Though we still have several counter measures it didn't change the fact that Magic power usage was limited sometimes.

Is there any possible way to further increase player character's mobility at the late half of the game (other than the short air dash succeed from previous game)? I'm wondering...

I also received report of several people (keyboard only user) troubled with keyboard control adjust since I'm used to gamepad I have no idea
Actually I still can't say the control adjust interface is user-friendly. Is there un-counter-able technical problem exist in game program? I did have some doubt.

Despite that, if we Countered the flaw/issues a great all-new Castlevania game awaits all of us kindly!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 04:32:53 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #473 on: April 27, 2017, 10:03:13 AM »
Check out these physical copies of #Castlevania LC2 Mig had made as gifts for contributors featuring beautiful artwork by @nellfallcard!

https://twitter.com/migami_games

WOW can I get a copy or what?

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #474 on: April 27, 2017, 11:29:08 AM »
This is definitely a labour of love and it shows. It's even better than the predecessor and that is saying quite something. Aside from some small graphical glitches and a not-quite-working windowed mode, the first impression I have of this game is phenomenal. Definitely worthy of the name Castlevania so far.
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #475 on: April 27, 2017, 01:23:46 PM »
Finally!

I was so stupid I skip one important boss maeking my own shorcut, that affect my travel and didnt know where to go or what to do exactly XD, Thanks to Dracula9 for help me, shortcut never again!

Offline BloodStorm83

• Awards
« Reply #476 on: April 27, 2017, 05:10:19 PM »
After playing this masterpiece I'd love to see Castlevania Lecarde Chronicles 3 :) But this time main character should be Eric Lecarde. Action should take place before the events in CV Bloodlines and the graphics should be closer to CV Bloodlines.

Thank you again for creating this masterpiece.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #477 on: April 27, 2017, 05:39:42 PM »
So it was asked of me, so it has become.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 06:48:21 PM by Dracula9 »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #478 on: April 27, 2017, 06:58:19 PM »
So it was asked of me, so it has become.

????????????????

Those some damn good chips!
The worst monsters are human.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #479 on: April 27, 2017, 10:10:31 PM »
I just wanted to pop in and give props and thanks to Mig, Belmontoya and all the contributors for knocking this one out of the park! I'm only a couple hours in, but I can tell how much of a labor of love this game has been for you guys and I imagine I can speak for everyone in saying that we all really appreciate the time, effort, and love it took to make such a fantastic game.

Y'all really nailed the atmosphere, the music is phenomenal, and this is definitely deserving of the name "Castievania." The boss battles are really impressive. This far there have been some really cool boss ideas and they've been well executed. I also have to say that I love that this game pays so much homage to Simon's Quest, which is the game that got me into Castlevania in the first place, and I feel gets somewhat unfairly shafted when people talk about CV.

Anyway, congratulations on the release, you guys really did an incredible job (I really want to hear the story of how you guys got Robert Belgrade to do the voice acting btw!) and really went above and beyond for this. Proud of you guys.