Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What anime are you currently watching....  (Read 131490 times)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: What anime are you currently watching....
« Reply #120 on: November 19, 2016, 08:50:41 PM »
Ever watched BLEACH?

Long while back, but only the first two seasons. I'm re-reading the manga right now, though, and planned on going through the anime afterward.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline suomynona

• Vampire Hunter
  • Bloodstained : Delay of the Night
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #121 on: November 26, 2016, 05:23:21 PM »
I'm watching JoJo right now.

SO GOOD!

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #122 on: November 28, 2016, 12:21:06 PM »
Did Pani Poni Dash in a few days, now doing Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, both by Shaft Studios. Both have an odd sense of humor, the latter a more darker sense of humor.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #123 on: November 29, 2016, 12:49:46 PM »
I've returned to the original Sailor Moon.  I wasn't able to properly binge watch it as the first ten or so episodes were very poor quality, but it looks like it's improved this last episode. 

I#m currently looking forward to the now announced tv adaptation of Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card arc, which has a load of the original cast returning, which is awesome.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Online Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #124 on: December 01, 2016, 03:37:59 PM »
Finished Hokuto no Ken.

Kanon 2002 (Toei) , Ayu walks around with other girls' headshot in the sky, kinda reminds me how Kenshiro staring at the other guys' headshot that he had beaten in OP2 and I feel it strange Ayu is the major focus of the story like Kenshiro     lol
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: December 05, 2016, 11:07:08 AM »
I've returned to the original Sailor Moon.  I wasn't able to properly binge watch it as the first ten or so episodes were very poor quality, but it looks like it's improved this last episode. 

I#m currently looking forward to the now announced tv adaptation of Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card arc, which has a load of the original cast returning, which is awesome.

2018 for the next chapter in the Cardcaptor Sakura saga, should hopefully be as good as the original series. And early next year, the next chapter in the Gintama anime makes it's way to TV over there, and likely to the internet as well with Crunchyroll.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: December 05, 2016, 11:41:48 AM »
I really hope that the Clear Card arc adapation doesn't do what the Sailor Moon remake does and hop and skip through the plot and not give time for characer building.  Fingers crossed that they keep true to the original series and let it breathe.  I've just today finished the first season of the original Sailor Moon, and it's just leagues better than the first season of Crystal because it lets you see the characters become friends and get to know each other more.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #127 on: December 05, 2016, 05:41:49 PM »
Dragon Ball Super, the filler is really odd. I miss the serious filler of DBZ days.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2016, 03:47:27 AM »
I really hope that the Clear Card arc adapation doesn't do what the Sailor Moon remake does and hop and skip through the plot and not give time for character building.  Fingers crossed that they keep true to the original series and let it breathe.  I've just today finished the first season of the original Sailor Moon, and it's just leagues better than the first season of Crystal because it lets you see the characters become friends and get to know each other more.

The difference between a 40 episode season of the original Sailor Moon versus the 13 episode season of Crystal is astonishing eh? Season 3 did go back to a more traditional feel of the original series, with more humor, and a look closer to the 90's anime for the characters look. But it's hard to build side characters in so few episodes whereas the original sometimes gave the other girls (and Mamoru) almost an entire episode to themselves to build their character.

Sakura will likely only get 12-13 episodes anyway, and if one has watxhed the original anime seasons, then one already knows the characters. However, new people to the series, well I'd instruct them to watch the old series before the new season so they'll know and be caught up with everything first.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 03:49:14 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: December 07, 2016, 04:02:45 AM »
Agreed, re: Sailor Moon.  It really does suffer for it, in things like having the masked ball episode happen so early on, Tuxedo Mask moving in to kiss Sailor Moon makes him come across as a bit of a creep, especially as Usagi's more properly asleep rather than in a tipsy doze as she is in the original.  I'm very glad all in all that I've watched seasons 1-3 of Crystal first, then gone to watch the superior original series.  There are a few bits from Crystal that I like better, such as the animation, and I really liked the small touch of making Nephrite, Zoisite, Jadeite, and Kunzite originally Endymion's commanders (although the romance with the Sailor Senshi aspect wasn't needed).  I'm also very glad that Crystal left out the awful Doom Tree arc.  It had some interesting ideas, but was very poorly executed.

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2016, 03:24:58 PM »
Doing another lap around Arpeggio of Blue Steel and having A BALL.  XD

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2016, 03:26:59 PM »
Dragonball Super...

Not that it's anything else other than the usual same-ol', same'ol...but it's a diversion, at least.

Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: December 24, 2016, 08:35:00 PM »
Agreed, re: Sailor Moon.  It really does suffer for it, in things like having the masked ball episode happen so early on, Tuxedo Mask moving in to kiss Sailor Moon makes him come across as a bit of a creep, especially as Usagi's more properly asleep rather than in a tipsy doze as she is in the original.  I'm very glad all in all that I've watched seasons 1-3 of Crystal first, then gone to watch the superior original series.  There are a few bits from Crystal that I like better, such as the animation, and I really liked the small touch of making Nephrite, Zoisite, Jadeite, and Kunzite originally Endymion's commanders (although the romance with the Sailor Senshi aspect wasn't needed).  I'm also very glad that Crystal left out the awful Doom Tree arc.  It had some interesting ideas, but was very poorly executed.
If memory serves me right, the Demon Tree arc was done to give the creator time to write the next arc in, she originally didn't get that far in the manga, so that part was put in to give her some time to create the next piece of the story.

As for myself, watching Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt......all I can say is wow, hate the artwork, though the adult humor is good.

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: December 25, 2016, 02:57:10 PM »
+1
sailor mo fan art plz

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #134 on: December 26, 2016, 09:06:48 PM »
I power-watched Angel Beats! last week. My friend got it for me for Xmas and raved on about it. I do admit it had its moments, has some solid story-telling, one of the more beautiful opening themes and a couple of interesting plot devices.

As for the series as a whole it's not one of my favourites by far, but it did make me laugh a few times and the finale was an emotional tug at the heart-strings.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD