Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: ROM (Hack) release?  (Read 5047 times)

darkmelee

ROM (Hack) release?
« on: May 25, 2008, 03:33:48 AM »
loooong ago, i made a Castlevania ROM hack.

then i forgot about it.

then i remembered it.

i've been trying to find some place to release it, from zophar's domain to romhacking.net, but haven't had any luck.  if i can get a .rar file full of duplicates and wasted filespace, how did THEY do it?

i don't know how the rules are here, so if this gets locked, i know why, but...

darkmelees 2006 cv.rar - 0.07MB

..i guess this is a ROM release now.  it's not amazing, but it's a good bit more interesting than most others i've downloaded or played.  if you like it, keep it.  if you don't chuck it.  i'm not really concerned, really.  i'd just like to share it.  comes with a lengthy readme as well.  i've been meaning to give it a better go more recently, but i've been busy with other things anymore.

P.S. i know zshare sucks (just skip the ad and get on your life), but my old filesite went under on me :C

EDIT:  fixed the non-breaking breakable blocks(sorry king metroid)...  also, there's a blooper in the readme that mentions that you have to kill the first fishamn or the game freaks out.  that's bull now, because i took the sucker out just before i put it on zshare.  it was cool there, but that's just dumb planning on my part.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 10:17:49 AM by Clara E. Leet »

Offline king metroid

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 04:37:58 AM »
/r/ more info than 'its a haxxor' please.

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 04:48:02 AM »
It'a hack of the first Castlevania with much more difficulty and altered stages. ( didn't play past the first level but that one was diffirent)

Offline king metroid

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 04:58:18 AM »
woo cv1 hacks are cool. i can't get past level 2 though- there's a wall one block to high to jump.

darkmelee

Re: ROM release?
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 05:34:11 AM »
woo cv1 hacks are cool. i can't get past level 2 though- there's a wall one block to high to jump.

the fixed version's in the new link in the first post.

sorry bout that.  if it was the first ones, then you just break them.  i had a set of breakables just before the boss there that were SUPPOSED to break, but they wouldn't, soooo, i just moved 'em and lowered the walls.  i've just done a COMPLETE playthrough, and things should be more do-able now.  there were little things i was urking about as i did it, but nothing major needs redone at least.

...forgot how ridiculously hard the bosses are if you don't have holy water.  i've hidden that kind of thing in the stages usually, you just hafta hope you find it or it drops.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 07:02:17 AM by darkmelee »

Offline king metroid

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 08:46:44 AM »
cool hack. the level design was good. vampire killer is gone though :(
dracula is still pretty easy, but i'm probably saying that because i've beaten him more times than i can count. good work though.

darkmelee

Re: ROM (Hack) release?
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 10:28:22 AM »
it's true, i KO'd the VK song.  couldn't find a legible use for it after i moved the first few songs around. oh wells.  i was just screwing around with a different take on it, maybe i'll leave it in this one...

dracula IS a pushover if you know how to do it.  didn't have any way to make it harder, unless i chopped more life off, but then it'd just be hard.  like, HARD.

went through the original on my GBA just before i started that (well, close enough anyways) and was on my 5th or 6th time through.  two of those times in a row, i was only hit once or twice total.  and dracula NEVER touched me after the first three times.

...glad you actually took the time/effort to beat it.  thank you!

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 05:45:30 PM »
Is it possible for me to play this on my PSP, and if so could someone walk me through it?
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

darkmelee

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 03:16:41 AM »
In Reply To #8

you're looking for Homebrew and an emulator program.

google's all you need, bud.

just search out 'PSP homebrew', but be warned: it requires either an original release PSP or a downgrade patch for it to run (at least, it USED to... never want to try that on mine).  it might also require a PSP USB cord to plug from the PSP to a PC or notebook or something along those lines.

i've seen walkthroughs before, there might be one out there with info for exactly how to do it.  after all that, it'd be as simple as booting this sucker up.  my friend had emulators on his when he had a PSP, and it was nifty.  there's better emu coding nowadays, i'd hope, as some systems weren't without their share of "omfg" moments.

hope that helps if you haven't already found it.

Offline Larzuk

• Owned
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 04:39:41 AM »
In Reply To #8

As Darkmelee said, searching google is your friend. I havent been real up to date on what version the emulation can be used, but it originally was only the first models of the psp and the first couple updates.

Though all I needed was a memory card and an emulation program to play roms.

Sadly, I cant do that anymore. I had to make the decision of playing all my roms or being able to play psp games like DXC. Since all new games require you to update the psp which might stop the emulation.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 12:54:22 PM »
I have a nes emulator on my PSP right now that will start up, but it won't run any of the ROMS I have on it.  :(
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Tags: