Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Advance Collection  (Read 20190 times)

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« on: June 18, 2021, 04:33:58 PM »
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/06/castlevania_advance_collection_possibly_revealed_by_rating_in_australia

Looks like another collection of ports is on its way. It's no doubt that this collection is emulation based given it's done by M2...
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 04:51:43 PM »
Can't wait to play as Dude Maria (a.k.a. Maxim) in Bad Symphony of the Night (a.k.a. HoD) just like old times.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 05:14:28 PM »
+1
What?  That's awesome!  Wouldn't it be cool if it was the GBA and the DS games?  But I'm sure it will just be the GBA Trilogy.  Still pretty good news.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 06:22:17 PM »
Wouldn't it be cool if it was the GBA and the DS games?

Seconded. The DS games were also portable titles, it's not just the Advance titles. But from the sounds of the 'Advance' in the collection it's only just going to be the three games. At least CotM will be in there since it hasn't seen a release after original launch with the GB Advance.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2021, 07:52:45 PM »
At least CotM will be in there since it hasn't seen a release after original launch with the GB Advance.

COTM was on the Wii U though.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2021, 03:04:38 AM »
I would find this release very frustrating if it didn’t make me feel like we’re one step closer to releasing what I really want, a DS collection.  I played the GBA games to death on the Wii U and have been able to play them on my TV since through the Game Cube adapter since forever ago.  I just want to be able to play the DS titles on a larger screen.  So frustrating that all the great Castlevania ports stopped coming on the Wii U before the DS games could be released and now the Switch isn’t half as nice a porting platform for DS games as the Wii U was.  But it would be nice to play the GBA Vanias on the Switch, so I’ll look forward to this anyways.  I just hope we end up getting DS game ports to Switch before the next Nintendo console comes out and they reset the port releases to the NES Castlevania titles again.

I wonder if there are any features that a collection like this could offer that would make it a little better than the Wii U ports?  I suppose an art gallery would be nice?  I wonder if they’d be able to get Iga’s inputs on the games with perhaps a new interview?  Maybe add some Trophys?  That could be fun.  I don’t suppose there’s any real differences between the North American versions and Japanese versions, other than text, that would make it worth playing the Japanese versions for?  I’d kinda like it if they unlocked the special characters and modes at the beginning of the game so we don’t have to beat the games “again” in order to play them.  How about a “rewind” feature?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 03:32:14 AM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2021, 05:44:18 AM »
I admit: after the first collection had like eight games and some of which were kinda rare/or hardly ever got ported previously, it’s going to be a bit of a let down getting a new collection with just three games that I still have the original carts and Wii U ports of.  I was really hoping the second collection, if we ever got one, would be just as meaty as the original one was.

…So yeah, I was hoping the DS games would be included. I would also love to see Rebirth get ported to anything other than Wii (or the Wii App thingy on Wii U).

I’ll buy it, as I love those games regardless, but I hope there’s more content there than just three games. 

I would grumble about Rondo, Vampire’s Kiss, Legends, and SoTN but I assume that pack/collection will come around once the tv show does the Rondo adaption. 

At least I hope.  I just really want to play Rondo and SotN on the go, sans cellphone.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2021, 05:45:45 AM »
+2
I have very fond memories of the GBA era. Going from Castlevania Adventure to CotM was a gigantic jump for me, and it made the newly launched GBA feel like a true next gen portable console. I got my GBA and CotM within a few weeks of launch and played it until my eyes hurt. I quickly got through the main game then replayed it several times on the alternate Warrior, Mage etc. modes. I’ve always been a huge fan of CotM.

I couldn’t wait for US release of HoD, so I got the Japanese version as soon as it was available. I remember getting through most of the game without help, but there was one part I had to look up help for because I can’t read Japanese. I loved the crazy psychedelic color palette and fast paced gameplay. Beat it several times in Japanese before getting HoD on launch here in the US then replaying it again in English.

Hype was at an all time high, so I also got Aria on launch, and felt like it was clearly the best of the advanced trilogy. Loved this game too.

I played the hell out of the GBA games so much that I actually started feeling burnt out of the formula for the first time. By the time Dawn of Sorrow came out, I was starting to feel like I have done this enough times already, so I was never as enthusiastic about the DS games. Of those games, I’ve only ever finished PoR, by far my favorite of the DS games.

The GBA era was such a great time to be a Castlevania fan.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2021, 10:35:43 AM »
COTM was on the Wii U though.

*a-hem* Physical release then, thanks for the info. I feel that Iga kinda made sure we didn't get it released again on a physical cart when he brought out HoD and AoS onto one cartage a few years afterwards. Most likely it was because he didn't make the game himself and thus it was not part of his CV timeline. I did feel disappointed with that as I though CotM was one of the best, if not 'the' best CV game for that system.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Advance Collection
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2021, 10:40:45 AM »
I look forward to this collection. I got into Castlevania back then when CotM came out, it was my first CV game. It was with Aria that I fell in love with and really became this huge fan I am today, it’s still my favorite game. I have recently replayed it. I hope for LRG physical edition.

I would really like to have Rondo and Symphony on Switch, love those games, too. Why can’t it be released when it’s even on mobile phones?

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2021, 12:05:51 AM »
My guess for Rondo/SOTN being PS4-only is that they're the PSP versions of the games and Sony has a working PSP emulator for PS4. Probably why CV Requiem hasn't shown up on other platforms.

If Rondo and SOTN do show up on Switch, I hope it's a separate collection from Requiem, emulating the superior PC Engine and PS1 versions.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 12:08:44 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2021, 05:44:51 PM »
+4
Konami was probably going to announce this at E3 before they backed out. Would've preferred a combined GBA/DS collection, but I'm buying this if sales lead to a new game.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2021, 07:57:40 AM »
I don't mean to complain about these reissues  because I know some people don't have these games but personally I already own all of these games and some I've bought 2 to 3 times already.

What has it been now 8 years? And instead of giving us a new game they want us to just keep buying the old ones we already have? Nope.

One thing is for sure it's a hell of a lot easier for them to just keep milking the old stuff than it is to stick their necks out and give the fans what they deserve. A proper console release.

I guess I'm just annoyed at how long it's been more than the reissues. But man... I'll give Konami my money again when it's a new game.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2021, 11:46:49 AM »
Belmontoya@

I'd have to say the heads at Konami are afraid they'll screw it up if the try to make a new game. And the result will be a loss of some of their revenue. Not sure why this would be an issue when they've got that whole gambling thing going for 'em. Of wait! That was before COVID happened   ;D

Of course what Konami (and all major corporations for that matter) don't realize is that in order to make money you have to be willing to spend it.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2021, 10:41:11 AM »
looks like it’s been rated in Korea, making the collection look a little more real.  just announce it formally already and give us the scoop!:

https://gamingbolt.com/castlevania-advance-collection-has-now-been-rated-in-korea-as-well

Tags: