Poll

Is it okay to just dump a block of frozen hambuger into a piping hot skillet, or does it need to be thawed?

Sure, I see no problem with this.
3 (18.8%)
It's fine, but the cooking will be a little uneven. Still makes for good eats though.
4 (25%)
It'd be better to wait it out & thaw it.
7 (43.8%)
Thaw it or forget it, it's trash otherwise.
2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Hamburger  (Read 9744 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2017, 09:14:47 AM »
+1
As other people said, if you don't mind it taking much longer to cook, you can go from frozen to pan (or grill).
If you have the time, however, thaw it in the fridge, unless you bought the 'cook from frozen' ones.

I buy ground beef and let it thaw and then make the patties so I don't think my advice would benefit those who use pre-made patties.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2017, 10:23:22 AM »
I buy ground beef and let it thaw and then make the patties

Only way to do it.  :)

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2017, 09:02:28 PM »
Thaw that ish. If impatient or didn't plan ahead (e.g. thawing in the fridge overnight), use the meat thawing button on the microwave.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2017, 09:46:52 PM »
Defrost. Yeah we sometimes do that method. Gets pretty much the same result.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2017, 10:03:58 PM »
+1
Dracula9 has it ON POINT for this thread.

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2017, 08:35:43 AM »
Dracula9 has it ON POINT for this thread.

Cool. So have you already bought his plane ticket in order for him to come here & start making dinner for you? Or are you still working out the logistics of all that? Guess I should clean out the guest room .
Groove is in the heart.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2017, 08:55:52 AM »
+1
We don't take in stray animals.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2017, 09:04:20 AM »
We don't take in stray animals.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2017, 06:00:21 AM »
Hot-water thawing can actually be dangerous, as the outer layers of the meat can become exposed to temperatures and moisture levels suited for bacterial growth.

... Aaaaand then you fry/cook the meat and all the bacteria dies anyway, so why should you care? (unless you cook it improperly and then you're basically eating it raw. Don't do that. You can get tainted meat with a lot of bacteria from the start and not even be aware of it.)

Also, it takes a while for bacteria to grow. I think the Department of Agriculture just wants you to be extra careful.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 06:05:53 AM by Mooning Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2017, 11:27:41 AM »
Keywords can be, Freddy.  ;)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2017, 02:07:54 AM »
... Aaaaand then you fry/cook the meat and all the bacteria dies anyway, so why should you care? (unless you cook it improperly and then you're basically eating it raw. Don't do that. You can get tainted meat with a lot of bacteria from the start and not even be aware of it.)

Also, it takes a while for bacteria to grow. I think the Department of Agriculture just wants you to be extra careful.

Amen! That's why I do when in a rush. hahaha.

Tags:

anything