Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Alice  (Read 2793 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: July 23, 2011, 01:42:06 PM »
Have any of you guy tried out the PS3 game Alice: Madness Returns? My bro told me about this and I finally knuckled down and bought it. Needless to say I started playing it at around 6:00 pm and didn't put it down until 4:00 am. I was THAT interested in it. The game also provides you with a PS3 online code that enables you to download the original first Alice game too.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 03:35:05 PM »
It's a good game. Unfortunately, the levels get too samey and gameplay waaaaay too repetitive, but I still enjoyed myself to the end.

Compared to the first game, the level designs seem a little lazy and are nowhere near as intriguing. Some of the earliest levels and some of the ones toward the end have some of the same flavor as the original, but there's a big mid section that's kinda "snore."

I wish the first game had the combat mechanics of its sequel, though. The original is still fun after all these years, though.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 07:21:10 AM »
its funny, 1 needs to have 2's mechanics in control, as needs to be more like 1 with stage mechanics

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 11:44:34 AM »
I just finished this game on the weekend and the only real things that grate on me are the un-needlessly long areas, and the almost constant platforming segments. But overall I felt this game was interesting to play. The Red Queen's castle was a little disturbing in the latter-half. Of course the Queen's somewhat disturbing herself  :P
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 12:11:44 PM »
Alice? Who the f**k is Alice?  ;D
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 02:11:51 PM »
A totally saucy babe, that's who. ;)

And at one point she gets gigantic.

Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 06:00:32 PM »
Yeah! Fifty-two pick-up!  8)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 06:27:22 PM »
but those are all diamonds.

Offline Tostado1991

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: Alice
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 11:26:36 AM »
The game has an awesome art direction, as well as a great soundtrack. Was it Cris Vrenna?

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 01:38:20 PM »
Chris Vrenna only did one song, to my knowledge, and surprisingly it's one of the least interesting ones. The main composer is Jason Tai, though Marshall Crutcher contributes music, too.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything