Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: An art style I'm trying very hard to mimic...  (Read 3046 times)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
An art style I'm trying very hard to mimic...
« on: June 18, 2012, 12:34:17 AM »
+1

For the love of God, I don't know why I like the Wind Waker/Minish Cap/etc. Zelda game art style so much. I just love it. And now I'm trying to mimic this style...

And it's hard. D:

Thought I'd share this with you all, see your thoughts on the art of these games and such.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: An art style I'm trying very hard to mimic...
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 01:08:30 AM »

For the love of God, I don't know why I like the Wind Waker/Minish Cap/etc. Zelda game art style so much. I just love it. And now I'm trying to mimic this style...

And it's hard. D:

Thought I'd share this with you all, see your thoughts on the art of these games and such.

It's a good one and fun one at that my friend did one of drawings on the wind waker style and it was good I have not tried it yet I would plan on doing the nes style or something, the only thing I ever tried was some characters I made with the brotherhood outfit in LoS you know kind of like how you just love the style of ww I love the armor that red/gold attracts me.

Right now I am looking at some streetfighter and megaman manga by udon so I can draw some cool action look scenes. I am no expert but I just like drawing and making characters and stuff it's fun and basing it off a style makes it even better  :D  heck I just restarted not too long ago.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 01:49:27 AM »
I've actually wanted to try making a web-comic based on Lords of Shadow with the Wind Waker art style. Like I've made clear, I'm pretty much in love with the style. It's fantastic.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 06:30:31 PM »
I've actually wanted to try making a web-comic based on Lords of Shadow with the Wind Waker art style. Like I've made clear, I'm pretty much in love with the style. It's fantastic.
That's quite an odd combo there, LoS and Windwaker style.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 08:11:02 AM »
That's quite an odd combo there, LoS and Windwaker style.

...It kinda is if you think about it.

I 'unno, I just thought it'd be fun.

Tags:

anything