Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "...the XBOX ONE, no longer an always be ready and connected console..."  (Read 53411 times)

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I'm going to go under the assumption that these were actually started by people working for microsoft just so microsoft can turn around and go "see?  Some people didn't think we were Satan." 

Granted, that would only account for some of the people that have signed the petition.  The rest I'm just going to assume are escaped mental patients. 

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
It's just, when I see things like this, I imagine that scene in Pink Floyd's The Wall with the zombie/puppet children marching to and falling into the large meat grinder. Some part of me wants to think that people can't be that souless and blank. Like I said when XBONE was first announced, the whole "forfeit your rights" thing, that's how all those fuckin sci-fi dystopia stories begin. That's how mega companies become totalitarian rulers. That's not a beautiful picture of a potential future, and it sends a shiver down my spine to think ANYBODY(that there exists even one) can be, "Oh well..." regarding that potential possibility(giving up ANY rights and letting a mega company have say over something you basically are FREE to do NOW). Sometimes you GOTTA say "No!". No to the companies and no to the sheep.

NeoGAF brings up the similarities to Stockholm Syndrome. I also see it like those crazy women who write to convicted serial killers, truly believing that the killers are innocent. That one batshit crazy chick who believes Joran van der Sloot has changed(and how he really didn't MEAN to kill anybody). How can people lack so much sense?

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
So apparently some are saying that the petition are actually the work of PS fanboys who want the Xbone to sink as much as possible. Sounds more likely, but still pretty retarded, not to mention underhanded.
http://kotaku.com/ridiculous-online-petition-demands-return-of-xbox-one-d-731263477
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
The Xbox One dashboard will also change how ads are displayed to users. "On Xbox [One], the ad is part of the actual experience, it's not something that is outside. The only difference is that the advertisement we have is quite small and not disruptive so people are not aware of clicking on the banners because they know this is a part of the whole experience on the dash." Sounds to me like they are deliberately trying to trick people into clicking on ads by making them seem like they aren't ads, but an official part of the dashboard.

Sounds like shit to me. "The ad is part of the experience?" Fuck that. Sounds like some PR crap cooked up by some delusional higher-up. Either way, I've been pretty happy with gaming on my PC as of late and I think this next gen is where I bow out of the console race.

Offline Hagathrom

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
...I leave this thread for a week and its its raining stupid from atop XBox 180 Hill again. :rollseyes:

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
CONSPIRACY!!!
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
CONSPIRACY!!!

I think so too. I've heard a rumor that Microshaft was approached by members of the US government about the new XBOX system and requested that it be equipped with all the unnecessary crap that it didn't need during the planning phase. Apparently this was done via Gorge W. Bush's Patriot act. All for spotting potential terrorists in american homes...or homes around the world for that matter. Kinda reminds me of the Metal Gear solid series where the world is being unnecessarily upgraded with the Patriot system in order to "Control" the masses. It's as if Hideo Kojima, in his own way, unknowingly foretold our own future. My bro has been an XBOX enthusiast since the first console launch, but he knows when it's time to hang up a console. He doesn't want anything to do with this piece of S**T because of it's controversial additions.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Kojima will have to get in line for that credit.

1987 by George Orwell
"Stuff and things."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
So apparently some are saying that the petition are actually the work of PS fanboys who want the Xbone to sink as much as possible. Sounds more likely, but still pretty retarded, not to mention underhanded.
http://kotaku.com/ridiculous-online-petition-demands-return-of-xbox-one-d-731263477

Thinking about it, I guess, I wouldn't put it pass a retarded fanboy's mind to sink another system they have no intention of playing. Too bad idiots, who think it will only harm the others and not themselves are... well idiots. I will never understand such people. But at the same time, it might not be. Some people were "dismayed" when they heard it loses that 10 friends feature. But then again, it could MS as well, posing to make the public think it's a good thing instead of a bad thing. There are too many angles to view this from. While it could even be Sony, but I don't see why they really would, as they are already way ahead from the competition as far as I can see. No need for them to risk their "assumed" integrity for this.

And yea. that Orwells book seems to be brought up a lot recently. I need to give it a read, but it sounds like it from what people constantly say about it and our current situation. And its' 1984, not 1987.

Tags: