Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Super Castlevania IV 30th Anniversary OST  (Read 4030 times)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Super Castlevania IV 30th Anniversary OST
« on: October 31, 2021, 01:32:18 PM »
What's going on folks?  So for the last month when i've had time to squeeze in some playing, I've been remixing the OST from SCV4 for the 30th anniversary of it's release today.  I didn't do all the tracks, i left out more of the "jingle" tracks since i didn't really have much to work with there. i.e map themes, boss themes, pillared corridor, room of close associates.  I'll be uploading it to YouTube as well here shortly.  It's free to download so if anyone is interested feel free to download and let me know what you guys think!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QqB-st1-B8N7zIqn6QjclHDEDzUhUCF_/view?usp=sharing
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
Re: Super Castlevania IV 30th Anniversary OST
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2021, 03:18:52 PM »
Here's the YouTube playlist
https://youtu.be/gbPqNLLTf3w
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 03:22:53 PM by BMC_War Machine »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2021, 10:40:38 PM »
I gave some of the tracks a listen-to. Not bad  :)

I didn't do all the tracks, i left out more of the "jingle" tracks since i didn't really have much to work with there. i.e map themes, boss themes, pillared corridor, room of close associates.

Room of close Associates is one of those tracks that, for whatever reason it just doesn't work out well outside of the original. I've heard several different takes on it and the tune just doesn't measure up in terms of composition and technique. Good luck if you ever intend to take a crack at it.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2021, 05:06:13 AM »
Agreed lol.  I don't really like doing a straight 1:1 remix unless it's the usual's like Vampire Killer, Bloody Tears etc.  Room of Close Associates just wouldn't sit right unless it was a 1:1.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2021, 07:11:56 AM »
I didn't realize it was the 30th anniversary of my favorite entry in the series! Giving this listen while I work.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2021, 09:32:36 AM »
The games was released in 1991 and it's now 2021... so yeah 30 years.

I feel old...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2021, 10:25:12 AM »
Nice to see SCV4 getting some love war machine.

30 years and it's still every bit as beautiful.

Room of Close Associates is a great track and always gives me chills. Gave it my all for this and made it all from scratch.

https://youtu.be/gqLJxCJCjUk

Scv4 remains the greatest vgm ost of all time imo.

I would love to revisit scv4 themes some day. Super Castlevania 5. Keep saying it.. Until it appears. ????
The worst monsters are human.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2021, 03:57:41 PM »
The games was released in 1991 and it's now 2021... so yeah 30 years.

I feel old...
Oh yeah lol.  A year later the 6yr old me begging my parents to get this for me at a KB Toys reminds me i'm getting old too lol. I had played Simon's Quest when i was like 5 and loved it but SC4 was and will always be my favorite.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2021, 06:14:29 PM »
Room of Close Associates is a great track and always gives me chills. Gave it my all for this and made it all from scratch.

That remix is actually pretty good! So far it's the only one I've heard that keeps up to pace with the original.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2021, 01:55:17 PM »
@X

Thanks! It's not a "remix" though. I've never done a remix or used midi files for any of my covers. They're all made anew from the ground up. There are a couple more ScV4 tracks I did from Lecarde Chronicles 2 like Pillared Corridor and Torture Chamber.

@war machine

Holy crap man I remember KB toys! I really miss the toy stores from when we were kids. The last toys r us in MN closed a couple years ago and it still depresses me. I miss Funcoland too. GameStop just isn't the same...

I can't remember where I got ScV4. Likely Kmart or Pamida. Haha
The worst monsters are human.

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible day to go to work..
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2021, 04:29:14 PM »
That's pretty dope stuff WarMachine my dude, as usual.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2021, 06:08:43 PM »
@X

Thanks! It's not a "remix" though. I've never done a remix or used midi files for any of my covers. They're all made anew from the ground up. There are a couple more ScV4 tracks I did from Lecarde Chronicles 2 like Pillared Corridor and Torture Chamber.

@war machine

Holy crap man I remember KB toys! I really miss the toy stores from when we were kids. The last toys r us in MN closed a couple years ago and it still depresses me. I miss Funcoland too. GameStop just isn't the same...

I can't remember where I got ScV4. Likely Kmart or Pamida. Haha
Oh yeah for sure man lol. And IMO, places like EB were the SHIT before Gamestop came around.  I really liked how you could walk in any EB and find basically any kind of retro game but they didn't flood the stores with all the same games.  It was like a treasure trove lol.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2021, 06:09:06 PM »
That's pretty dope stuff WarMachine my dude, as usual.
Thanks as always my dude!  Glad you dug it  8)

Tags:

anything