Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Ballad of Darkness V 1.3  (Read 3509 times)

Offline Patheticmw

• Hunter in Training
  • Just before the throne...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (PS3/X360)
« on: November 16, 2021, 10:24:35 AM »
Greetings, all!
I found some time and after noticing a few playthrough videos of my old game, Castlevania: Ballad of Darkness, I made a new update to the game, taking in criticism and making quality changes. I'm still just a one man team making a game for fun, but I'm here to present to you the new and improved Castlevania: Ballad of Darkness V 1.3! I might hop in the comments and post screenshots later for those who haven't seen the original game, and like I previously stated, there are a few youtube videos that show off the old game. I did notice a lot of people missing some key features of the game so I would encourage everyone to take a brief look at the readme for the controls before playing. A List of updates and future possible changes is also included in the file, as well as a config for JoytoKey. I take any and all feedback, all I ask is that it be constructive. Thank you, and please let me know what you think!  :)

https://prezp00nage.itch.io/castlevania-ballad-of-darkness
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 11:38:48 PM by Patheticmw »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania: Ballad of Darkness V 1.3
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 04:42:36 PM »
I gave this a try week or so back so apologies for my late post. What you've got here has merit (that means a good thing  ;)). What I feel needs the most work is the controls. I also found it difficult to use the keyboard over a controller. My arms started cramping as I couldn't map the keys to my standards so I had to play the game with crossed arms, lol. While there is joytokey I never got that to work properly. That and too many hoops to jump through. As I mentioned before concentrate on getting the controls down pat and it should play even better.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Patheticmw

• Hunter in Training
  • Just before the throne...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (PS3/X360)
Re: Castlevania: Ballad of Darkness V 1.3
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 11:29:25 PM »
Hey, thanks for the feedback! I've had a couple people say that the controls tripped them up. I'm going to have to go through and see if I can find a better solution. If you come up with anything else, let me know and I'll add it to the list.

anything