Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (1999 Fan Project)  (Read 448389 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Re: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (Fan Project)
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2015, 06:33:22 AM »
a degree is a degree, your work experience will always trump those, however without the degree people don't want to pay you what your worth.
Sadly, I'd like to welcome you in France. (Currently getting a Masters degree in Law, huhu.)

----

Back on topic: Establishing a timeline is a good idea -- I already told plot about it, and he has some neat ideas. Pre-production is always the most important part in the making of a project.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2015, 04:33:30 PM »
@plot: haha! Now, you're telling me that... you sound like IGA. Gimmicks first then try to fit in the plot later.  :P

Well Shiroi, a degree is a degree, your work experience will always trump those, however without the degree people don't want to pay you what your worth.
Sad to say, in my job, I need a PhD to be permanent. (The academe is evil.... beware. haha. Economics... boohoohoo)

Sadly, I'd like to welcome you in France. (Currently getting a Masters degree in Law, huhu.)
I think that's a problem for most countries with unemployment problems.  :(

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2015, 11:19:44 PM »
@plot: haha! Now, you're telling me that... you sound like IGA. Gimmicks first then try to fit in the plot later.  :P
What if... plot was IGA?  ;D

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2015, 11:23:53 PM »
What if... plot was IGA?  ;D

Shhhhhh!

First update coming very soon.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 12:20:30 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2015, 05:18:55 AM »
Mwahahahaha.

IGA should be a bonus monster or item.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2015, 06:20:27 AM »
+2
Mwahahahaha.

IGA should be a bonus monster or item.

LOL I'm never going to do it...

...NOT!

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: March 18, 2015, 06:48:45 AM »
Hell yeah!

Trivia tidbit: IGA's fave shirt color is black but his staff insist that he wear white on his US appearance.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: March 18, 2015, 07:31:40 AM »
Hell yeah!

Trivia tidbit: IGA's fave shirt color is black but his staff insist that he wear white on his US appearance.

*Commence the spriting of IGA in SotN format in two versions: One for the fangame's western release, and one for the japanese one*

lol, anyway, the first timeline topic is up. Check the third post on this thread.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #113 on: March 18, 2015, 08:12:50 AM »
Huh, whatever's in there I'm sure it won't- HOLY ACID TRIP!
...Well, good sir, you've certainly lived up to your name.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 08:14:51 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2015, 08:17:07 AM »
Huh, whatever's in there I'm sure it won't- HOLY ACID TRIP!
...Well, good sir, you've certainly lived up to your name.

Woah man, thank you, really.

But this plot is nowhere near as trippy as some other things I planned for this. Wait and see :)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: March 18, 2015, 01:57:23 PM »
Woah man, thank you, really.

But this plot is nowhere near as trippy as some other things I planned for this. Wait and see :)

Since IGA was alive and making games during this time period, you should add him in there for some comical relief, maybe in newspapers and tv. You should probably have him lend you a helping hand as "the prophet". Lol
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2015, 12:09:00 AM »
Just read the plot details and HOLY FUCKING SHIT PLOT YOU'RE A FUCKING GENIUS I LOVE YOU

I actually have two questions, plot.

Would the double-life thing be something that was told to descending Belmonts? Or would it have been kept a secret so that it didn't look like the Belmonts suffered the flaw they did and remained to appear strong?

And would that life-stealing be in effect as long as the person had the whip? Would it enact just by the Killer being in their possession, or only when it was wielded against a demonic foe?

Obviously neither of these are terribly vital to ahave answers to in regards to the storyline, I'm just curious.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 12:13:43 AM by Dracula9 »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2015, 07:17:22 AM »
Just read the plot details and HOLY FUCKING SHIT PLOT YOU'RE A FUCKING GENIUS I LOVE YOU

I actually have two questions, plot.

Would the double-life thing be something that was told to descending Belmonts? Or would it have been kept a secret so that it didn't look like the Belmonts suffered the flaw they did and remained to appear strong?

And would that life-stealing be in effect as long as the person had the whip? Would it enact just by the Killer being in their possession, or only when it was wielded against a demonic foe?

Obviously neither of these are terribly vital to ahave answers to in regards to the storyline, I'm just curious.

Good questions:

1. Starting from Irina, no direct Belmont descendants know they are Belmonts. It's not terribly important for them to not know, but Annette was instructed to not tell Irina about her father so the plan could be carried out without her disruption at adult age. Dracula's legend, however, is a thing on Wygol village, and they are aware that the Belmonts existed in the past. Every direct Belmont would display a connection with the Belmont past at an early age, like Anna, that would fade as they got older (thanks to the crack on their soul that would grow with them, creating the amnesia effect, and explaining why Irina doesn't seem very connected like her daughter is).

2. The life-stealing effect happens whenever the person wields the unlocked whip. If he doesn't, it doesn't happen even if the person has unlocked it. John died because he wielded the whip too freaking long, while Jonathan escaped early death because he wielded only against Dracula and nothing more. (Even though the whip DID steal some of his life, something that is a small plot detail on my story).
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 07:19:44 AM by theplottwist »

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #118 on: March 19, 2015, 08:15:33 AM »
By the way, you specifically mentioned that Daniela was a Kischine descendant and the "secret arts" she learned was the Kischine secret arts. Does this mean that Omnia Vanitas was derived from Kischine secret arts (and that Julius could possibly have other techniques derived from Kischine secret arts)?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2015, 08:45:38 AM »
By the way, you specifically mentioned that Daniela was a Kischine descendant and the "secret arts" she learned was the Kischine secret arts. Does this mean that Omnia Vanitas was derived from Kischine secret arts (and that Julius could possibly have other techniques derived from Kischine secret arts)?

So now you see where I'm going with this :P

But there are more variables to consider, which I can't explain clearly yet. But you're on the right track.

Just remember: Jonathan was the one to teach Julius everything he knows. Jonathan possesses a very special thing that allows him to do it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 08:48:05 AM by theplottwist »

Tags: 1999 Awes