Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (1999 Fan Project)  (Read 448356 times)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (Fan Project)
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2015, 03:35:17 AM »
Quick, declare them closed source before someone swoops in and steals themuses them without permission! :V

Also, feel free to not answer if this is too spoileriffic, but is ???? from a known bloodline?

Proper investigation can wield the answer ;)
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2015, 07:48:57 AM »
Quick, declare them closed source before someone swoops in and steals themuses them without permission! :V

Also, feel free to not answer if this is too spoileriffic, but is ???? from a known bloodline?

I would water mark them as well for the previews. (Can't hurt.)

They all look great! The unknown sprite looks like he could be from the Danasty bloodline...hmmm

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2015, 02:53:45 PM »
Oh god what's you do to my Alucard he needs armor not red but silver

UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2015, 03:36:30 PM »
I would water mark them as well for the previews. (Can't hurt.)

They all look great! The unknown sprite looks like he could be from the Danasty bloodline...hmmm

I marked on the post that they're not up for grabs, but I might heed your words.

Now, Danasty? Aren't the Danastys gone? I mean, we haven't heard of them in centuries. It's little probable, don't you think?

Oh god what's you do to my Alucard he needs armor not red but silver

He's not wearing any armor :p
It's a purple-ish noble clothing with a black vest and boots.

Of course it's unrealistic, it's Castlevania. They must look beautiful and classy BEFORE looking pratical xD

If I were to follow most people's demands on what the characters should look like, Julius would look exactly like old Julius and Alucard would be exactly like SotN's.

There is a story reason for why Alucard can't use his armor nor his white hair here. I had to find another cool clothing for him :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 03:38:50 PM by theplottwist »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2015, 04:22:21 PM »
Alucard should rock a Keanu Reeves Constantine look with the same palette, at least that's how I would imagine how he would look like in 1999 (since the whole Genya thing)
The Noble suit doesn't look bad at all, but reminds me alot of the Red Death scene from phantom of the Opera for some reason.
Lon Chaney Sr. Lost Clips 9 - (Masque of The Red Death) Color Sequence "Phantom of The Opera" (1925)

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2015, 04:26:37 PM »
I marked on the post that they're not up for grabs, but I might heed your words.

Now, Danasty? Aren't the Danastys gone? I mean, we haven't heard of them in centuries. It's little probable, don't you think?

He's not wearing any armor :p
It's a purple-ish noble clothing with a black vest and boots.

Of course it's unrealistic, it's Castlevania. They must look beautiful and classy BEFORE looking pratical xD

If I were to follow most people's demands on what the characters should look like, Julius would look exactly like old Julius and Alucard would be exactly like SotN's.

There is a story reason for why Alucard can't use his armor nor his white hair here. I had to find another cool clothing for him :)
By the way, this is a fan-game W.I.P. right?

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2015, 05:00:36 PM »
By the way, this is a fan-game W.I.P. right?

Not exactly, because I do not know how to program. Without a programmer, a game is never coming out from this. So I'm focusing on writting the story.

I *already* have the entire framework for the story to work in a game format, but I need a programmer to do it. The nearest I can think of is ProjectDread's Dominus Engine to create Order of Ecclesia fangames, but since I do not know the specifics behind it, nor if he'd allow for it, it's hard for me to point out.

So it's a story WIP, instead of a fangame WIP.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 05:26:49 PM by theplottwist »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2015, 08:34:45 PM »
Not exactly, because I do not know how to program. Without a programmer, a game is never coming out from this. So I'm focusing on writting the story.

I *already* have the entire framework for the story to work in a game format, but I need a programmer to do it. The nearest I can think of is ProjectDread's Dominus Engine to create Order of Ecclesia fangames, but since I do not know the specifics behind it, nor if he'd allow for it, it's hard for me to point out.

So it's a story WIP, instead of a fangame WIP.

Why don't you just ask ProjectDread?

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2015, 08:51:01 PM »
Why don't you just ask ProjectDread?

Because apparently the engine is meant for his fangame and he's still building it. I don't want to come off as a jackass wanting to twist his project towards my wishes. For now I think it's best if I find someone willing to take on THIS project.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2015, 12:19:40 AM »
Because apparently the engine is meant for his fangame and he's still building it. I don't want to come off as a jackass wanting to twist his project towards my wishes. For now I think it's best if I find someone willing to take on THIS project.
Not to take on, but you can find people willing to participate, especially developers. You already have a strong team of story writers/translators and a composer ^^

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2015, 02:37:39 AM »
Not to take on, but you can find people willing to participate, especially developers. You already have a strong team of story writers/translators...

Well, to be fair, I don't think these translators have the time to spend translating the hundreds of lines of text this project will produce in japanese EVEN THOUGH their help was incredible. Koutei and Nagumo have helped me unwittingly by posting their knowledge online, but they also have helped me when I nagged them :P

Shiroi has pulled three or four tricks that, to be honest, were quite a feat and I though she'd have no time for that too. She named the game but did some things more that were very useful to me.

The problem here is that (I hope) the project will grow much yet. But time will tell.

...and a composer ^^

And then there's that. An awesome composer, not just "composer".

Since the cat's out the bag already, I have updated the first post to contain this composer's name, and his tracks :D

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2015, 04:04:45 AM »
Since the cat's out the bag already, I have updated the first post to contain this composer's name, and his tracks :D
Epic shit right there. Don't wanna declare those closed source too? You might want to just put up a notice up top that all the contents of this project are not to be used without permission, to cover any new kinds of contribution or content.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2015, 04:19:21 AM »
Epic shit right there. Don't wanna declare those closed source too? You might want to just put up a notice up top that all the contents of this project are not to be used without permission, to cover any new kinds of contribution or content.

You'd not believe how these tracks are fitting. I'm pitting these tracks against other tracks that will come before and after it, and that come from The Arcade, and the transition is seamless!

Annnnnnd done marking the content!

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2015, 10:27:19 AM »
Alucard should rock a Keanu Reeves Constantine look with the same palette, at least that's how I would imagine how he would look like in 1999 (since the whole Genya thing)
The Noble suit doesn't look bad at all, but reminds me alot of the Red Death scene from phantom of the Opera for some reason.
Lon Chaney Sr. Lost Clips 9 - (Masque of The Red Death) Color Sequence "Phantom of The Opera" (1925)

Well they are base sprites anyway, so I'm still playing a bit with them. Changed Alucard to the alternate outfit I had for him. Still black hair, but more vampire-ish now.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2015, 11:20:57 AM »
Added one more soundtrack by Chernabogue.

I'm telling you: this dude can read minds, and his tracks get the job done beyond measure.

Tags: 1999 Awes