Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 'CV: Bloodlines' Wii Virtual Console--Where is it?  (Read 2988 times)

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
'CV: Bloodlines' Wii Virtual Console--Where is it?
« on: December 20, 2009, 10:38:27 PM »
Castlevania I-IV (and Rebirth) are great, but why hasn't there been any effort toward bringing Bloodlines to the Wii VC? It deserves to be there, especially considering 'Portrait of Ruin' was its Nintendo-based sequel. What is it going to take to get this title (and a title I consider to be related, 'Contra: Hard Corps') to the Wii Virtual Console?

If I were Konami, I'd be going down the list and putting up Dracula X (SNES) and the N64 titles, too.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: 'CV: Bloodlines' Wii Virtual Console--Where is it?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 03:14:54 AM »
I'd love it if the N64 titles were to come out, myself.  But yeah I totally agree with you.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 04:41:34 AM »
Yeah!!!! Give us some more Castlevania games for the wiiware or virtual console!!!!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 04:00:40 PM »

With the reboot coming up, now is actually the time for that Castlevania Collection. It should include E V E R Y T H I N G, even the handheld titles (reworked to fit a bigger screen). Also; Saturn SotN, and Haunted Castle. And stuff. Dunno about the DS games though, but Konami could think of something so they'd be able to include them too... Judgment is a problem, but it's far from impossible to port it to other platforms. Not that I even wanna play it again, but it belongs in a collection nevertheless.

I'm not so into downloadable games. I'd much rather have all the games collected on one or two bluerays or HD DVDs.

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 07:39:38 PM »
With the reboot coming up, now is actually the time for that Castlevania Collection. It should include E V E R Y T H I N G...I'm not so into downloadable games. I'd much rather have all the games collected on one or two bluerays or HD DVDs.

While I see where you're coming from, and despite the Konami Style announcement of a complete soundtrack collection, I don't see it happening. The "reboot" is just that, a reboot. I think Konami doesn't want people to remember each of the old ones and their quirks; they'd rather have people remember Lords of Shadow and go on from there to Lords of Shadow 2, etc. (knock on wood)

Back to the topic of CV on Virtual Console...I wonder what would/will happen to Dracula XX?--will it be Castlevania: Dracula X (NA) or Castlevania: Vampire's Kiss (EU). I doubt they'd release BOTH versions. Even though its overshadowed by Rondo, I've always preferred the art design, music, and pick-up-and-play fun of this SNES reimagining, and would love to be able to play it without all the SNES gear.

Tags: