Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Your Gaming Collections (now with 56K warning)  (Read 55453 times)

Offline Husky

• Don't let the post count fool you I've been around since 2001
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • ICVD!!!
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
Re: Your Gaming Collections (now with 56K warning)
« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2011, 07:01:50 PM »
Not including psn games i got

Ps3
Sonic Generations
Ultimate MvC3
Kof XIII
Tekken Hybrid LE
BlazeBlue
Top Gun (Hybrid)
Valkyria Chronicles
Infamous 2

3DS
Shinobi
Mario 3d

Snes
U N Squadron
Rise of the robots (was free so I said WTH)

Halo anniversary

Wii
Zelda Skyward Sword

And I was able to replace my Saturn for cheap, my old one had a picky cart slot
[img width= height=]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/photos-ak-ash1/v238/45/53/550506684/n550506684_756072_7919.jpg[/img]

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2011, 04:58:58 AM »
Got some more games, 3 paid for, 6 free from an old guy who never knew he had them in his old flea market business.

PS3: God of War Origins HD Collection: hello dust gatherer

PS2: Capcom Vs. SNK 2: figures the game shop owner gives me 1 of the 2 copies that had to be gimped, music will not stream properly making waits between rounds 2 minutes, this shouldn't happen as I have played my friends copy in the past. None of these issues were found on his. Will return for another copy.

NES: Star Trek: hello USS Enterprise crew

SNES:
Mario is Missing: Ugh, it was free, but I still feel like I somehow paid for this.
SMB All Stars: Third copy, free, might eventually flip for something else at the local shop.
Gradius 3: second copy, will keep as a back up.
Indiana Jones Adventure: this one isn't bad at all, JVC made it, similar to the Star Wars SNES games they did.
Tuff Enuff: the first game in the Rushing Beat series from Jaleco, like this beat em up.
Tom & Jerry: free (all these listed SNES games were free), got all but the GB versions of this series, not the best of games, and not the worst.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 05:02:17 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2011, 03:43:11 AM »
Had one of those $50 gift cards, couldn't use it with Paypal for ebay, so I thought why not use it for PSN points, for $25 worth of points, I now have $21 in holding fees leaving me $3 on the card left. So I got the following:

Magical Drop F (PS1)
 Money Idol Puzzle Exchanger (PS1)
 Pac Man Championship DX (PSN)

Waiting for Sonic CD to drop Tuesday.

Offline Husky

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • ICVD!!!
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2011, 09:33:35 AM »
sorry I had to disappear, but I had to actually gimp a good chunk of my collection, sadly, i think I got rid of like 40 games mixed, but I bought 7 games in the last 2 weeks

GC
Luigi's mansion
Final fantasy chrystal chronicles
Paper mario

Dreamcast
Soul caliber (us)

X360
Tenchu Z

Ps3
Warhammer 4000: Space marine
Elder Scrolls Skyrim   (this is the reason I've been away)

[img width= height=]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/photos-ak-ash1/v238/45/53/550506684/n550506684_756072_7919.jpg[/img]

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2011, 01:58:58 AM »
Sonic CD PSN, this now puts me 58 games away from the big 1K, used a $50 gift card on Amazon on 5 more games, will list as they arrive.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2011, 03:36:18 PM »
Operation C for Gameboy, never could find this (along with the other 4 Amazon games I have on the way, this too was from Amazon) in the wild. It plays quite like Super C on the NES.

1 down, 4 to come.

Offline Husky

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • ICVD!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2011, 03:39:40 PM »
Gamestop had their buy 2 get 1 free today, so I picked up homefront (after trading it in a while back I wanted to play it recently), hunted the demon forge both ps3
and I snagged free copy SFIV (original) for 360 need to replace the book though...

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2011, 10:37:47 PM »
2 of 5 have arrived:

Revenge of Shinobi Genesis: managed to not get revision 1.0, got 1.1, so there goes the Batman boss and Rambo enemies.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: December 27, 2011, 02:12:59 PM »
5 of 5 arriveth!

Blazeon SNES: cool shmup from Atlus, slow in spots but challenging.
Phelios Genesis: shmup from Namco with a Greek Mythology theme, sort of like Dragon Spirit, arcade port.
Castle of Illusion Genesis: Mickey Mouse's first Genesis outing, spectacular little gem, considered an easy game, but has some harder parts.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: December 31, 2011, 01:57:14 AM »
Had some gift card funds left, got some PS1 games off PSN for PS3.

Magical Drop: very basic compared to the later installations, fewer playable characters. Sony should've considered the second and third games as well.

Shienryu: port of a Sega S-TV arcade game shmup, very solid, but no tate option.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2012, 11:08:15 PM »
Thought I'd post a pic of my new shelf I bought after I ran out of space:

I had run out of space on my smaller shelf in my computer room, and my chest full of NES games was overstacked. So I killed two birds with one stone, but had to buy some more dust sleeves for the NES games:

Have a few dozen more NES games than last time, I think. But it pissed me off, because when I got around to cleaning my last purchases, Ghostbusters (don't ask; not sure why I bought it either) won't fit into the cartridge slot and Tecmo World Wrestling (because the last 15 minutes are hilarious) the contact part is loose. Guess I need to clean and test my games I buy within the 30 day return window. Derp.  :'(

Also updated my CV collection in the fan forum.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2012, 09:49:56 PM »
10 games picked up today, spent less than $90 on some big names.

Gameboy:
Faceball 2000 - wonderful little FPS game where you play as a smiley ball taking down other smileys.

SNES:
Faceball 2000 - same as GB, except in color
Super Return of the Jedi - need 1 more for this collection to be complete, saw it today passed on it as it seems to be common.

Genesis:
Batman - same as NES version, just not quite as good
Rastan Saga II - another Taito game for the collection, poor port of a not so hot game
Phantasy Star II - boxed with map for $5, oh yeah. :)
Phantasy Star III: Generation of Doom - $5 complete, no map I suppose, same as above, hell yes. :)
Dynamite Headdy - This is my favorite game from Treasure, love this game.

NES:
Tengen Tetris - HUGE find, ran me $40 though.
Low G Man - good Taxan game, can't  figure out how to attack yet.
Prince of Persia - excellent game.

The Tengen Tetris alone can fetch a high amount, feels like I got away with murder with this haul.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2012, 09:24:41 PM »
Just got several more NES...having these extra dust sleeves laying around is burning a hole in my pocket:

Tecmo World Wrestling (to replace the busted one)
Tiger Heli
TMNT: The Manhattan Project (had to spend $15, but I haven't seen it any cheaper locally)

...and my regular copy of Lords of Shadow (X360) came in the mail.

I'll probably be slowing down on purchases soon. Making an effort to cut back debt. Luckily, I have most of what I want (something I didn't think I'd ever say, m'heh).

It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2012, 06:42:34 AM »
Just thought people should see THIS:

http://www.vintagecomputing.com/index.php/archives/103

.... now that is one massive game collection. God only knows how whoever achieved that. It's actually frightening to me.
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline Husky

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • ICVD!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2012, 05:03:06 AM »
Did some trades and got some mew stuff, most notable was I got Ryu Ga Gotoku and I'm waiting for my Ryu Ga Gotoku 2, also bought soul caliber V

Tags:

anything